• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

a date?

Guest stkristina13

Guest stkristina13

I think my closest male friend asked me out on a date, he said "i was wondering if you would like to go to the movies with me saturday." I think thats being asked out on a date or maybe he just wants to hang out with a close friend who just so happens to be of the opposite sex. Anyway even though he's in my class, he's two years older then me, because my school is small they put everyone who's in around the same age group together. I said yes but im not sure if its a date or if i even want it to be, he's really nice but im not sure if I like him or if I'm rushing in to things as i ve only been full time for about 4 1/2 months. Anyway if it is a date and i do end up going i gotta go find something cute to wear, so thats where ill be, looking through my closet for something.

Thanks for listening

Any advice

xoxo

• Forum Moderator

My advise is to play it by ear and see what happens-unless you decide that you don't want it to be a date. If you decide that then you can set the tone by making it plain that it's just a buddy situation. You didn't say if he was aware of your situation and I am assuming he is.

You do need to be careful and keep safety in mind. Not to see a devil behind every bush but we have to be more aware and more careful when we date. All the public places etc rules go double for us. Maybe even meeting him somewhere instead of riding with him unless you know him well. I know that you mentioned he was your closest male friend but that can mean you know each other inside out or just know each other in a surface way.

Hugs

Johnny

• Admin

Kristina, if he is offering to pay, then its a date. If you are going Dutch, it might be, or it might not be. I wouldn't make an issue of it, really. Like Johnny said, play it safe, let folks know where you are and who you're with, and most important of all...

Have a good time, whatever you choose to call it. :)

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

Be ready to pay for your own movie ticket, and have enough money to buy his too. Likewise a couple of burgers and shakes. Wait until afterwards to call what it was a name. I took that attitude with both of my daughters for any time they were going out with any friends, male or female, and I convinced my son that a girl could buy his movie ticket without causing irreparable harm to his ego. Just DO IT whatever it is and use good sense like the others have asked for.