• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Coming out to my best friends

Guest MeredithL

Guest MeredithL

I have for the first time come out to one of my male friends. It went well. He is very supportive. Which is good because I was nervous as all heck. I didn't plan to it just happened. He and I were talking and he was aware I had something to share that I wasn't telling him. He suggested I try telling him. I asked him to take a guess. He got it on the first try.

I guess I'm not fooling anyone. My ex-girlfriend told me after I came out to her thaty she knew something like being trans was up with me all along. My best female friend didn't seem all that surprised either.

Anyway he was very supportive. I am going to talk to him in a little while because I didn't have time to tell him much other than coming out. We'll see how that goes. I also plan to come out to my best friend and his wife tomorrow night. The only person I'm more nervous to talk to other than them is my Mother. That is coming. I'm not coming out to her over the phone though. I can't do that to her. I feel a strong desire to come out to her face to face. While she and I are very close she is still a product of her generation and I guess I really am worried. Well I think I'll be OK it's just those nagging doubts. I'm never sure of myself. I know you all understand what the deal is. I have a lot more people that care about me than I ever realized. I am extremely grateful.

I'll let you all know what happens in the next few days.

Love and hugs

Meredith

Guest MeredithL

Well

I've come out now to 4 more people since the original post. The respose has been overwhelmingly positive! Everyone has told me they are with me 100%. I cannot tell you how great that makes me feel! To know all these people are by my side in my journey is the most wonderful feeling. I still have a few people I want to tell. Still nervous bout that. Actually I'm nervous every time. Especially when I told my best friend. He and I have known each other for 27 years. He's known all along that I've never been happy. In fact he and his wife told me the other day when I came out to them that they had had a discussion about me thinking that something like this was up about 10 years ago. I guess I've never fooled anyone. But then he knows me well.

As I've said I still need to tell my Mother. That will be the toughest of all. May happen at the end of December. The sooner the better I think.

Every time I tell someone and they support me I feel a little stronger. I never expected that so many people cared for me soooo much! It is a wonderful feeling. I only wish I could have felt that love over the years. Well I've got it now. I think they just want me to be happy. Expressing myself as Meredith does that very thing. No one can take it from me now.

Love and Hugs

Meredith