• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

Guest Rose12

Favorite console   

28 members have voted

1. 1. on witch console do you game?

Skyrim and just wanted to discuss it. I have been playing The Elder Scrolls since morriwind and loved oblivion the new Skyrim looks beautiful. Why do I love The Elder Scrolls? Now only do I get to make my own character beautiful and female (not so much in Oblivion, ha) but the game is so large and complex all of my friends can all play the same game and get different experinces/story line. What do you think about the new elder scrolls?

Guest Robin Winter

I *will* own this game on PC, as I do Morrowind and Oblivion. Nothing beats the pc version specifically because of modding. The Bethesda games are what we call an "open ended" platform, meaning there's no real end to the game, specifically because Bethesda provides us with the tools to create new content. I don't know if you've ever seen any of the player made content, but I can tell you that some of these people should be on the payroll. Check out tesnexus.com to see what I'm talking about (there is some adult content on the site, but you have to create an account and activate adult content before you can see it so it's still "work safe" unless you make it otherwise.

It is possible to mod the x-box versions as well, so I'm told, but it's far more complicated and far less flexible.

I will probably wait a bit longer to pick this one up. Bethesda makes some decent games but I think they're a little too hyped up. A lot of their games have bugs and glitches bethesda themself never tries to fix and since I am on the 360 I can't download patches made by fans to fix any enemy level scaling, game freezing issues or bugs.

I am happy to hear I will be able to make a beautiful character and this is a title I am definitely looking forward to, providing its performance on the xbox is a good one.

Have fun with the game!

Guest Melanie54

I am with you Shilo. PC gaming is the way to go. However I will for the time being own it on the PS3 because my gaming rig is not good enough to handle Skyrim or any current games.

Madison

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Nicole Thrace

I have been playing Skyrim on the Xbox and the game looks amazing. The only game preformance issues I have had is the screen froze up in the middle of a battle once. I tend to get lost in the wilderness alot, but it leads to some great adventures!

I'm a big fan of The Elder Scrolls but Skyrim has been pretty disappointing to me... A lot of the glaring flaws will be fixed with mods soon enough, but I find the overall gameplay to be rather repetitive and boring. However, the ability to express myself through a fantasy character in ways I can't do in the real world is always enjoyable.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Robin Winter

Finally have it and I'm not disappointed. Granted, in it's current form it's not much of an improvement over Oblivion as far as the character meshes and skins go, but the world content (flora, fauna, etc) are much nicer and more immersive. I wouldn't be overly impressed if I had to play this on a console, but it does have some nice new features (I like the shouts, they're amusing). I can not WAIT for the construction set to be released, because the mods for this game are going to be *stellar*. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the modding community for the Elder Scrolls series should be on payroll.

Guest Nebulous

This is the first graphic RPG type game I've played, I've been playing a MUD for a few years though. Everyone was harping on about it there, so I thought I'd check it out.

I love it to bits, the fact that it crashes to the desktop every 20 minutes or so doesn't even bother me too much :P Getting a friend to look at the compy tomorrow, perhaps he'll find something that will help with that.

I have a warrioresque Orc that likes to wander around eating random things. The dragons turn up at the most inappropriate times and none of mine flew backwards :(

Guest Robin Winter

This is the first graphic RPG type game I've played, I've been playing a MUD for a few years though. Everyone was harping on about it there, so I thought I'd check it out.

I love it to bits, the fact that it crashes to the desktop every 20 minutes or so doesn't even bother me too much :P Getting a friend to look at the compy tomorrow, perhaps he'll find something that will help with that.

I have a warrioresque Orc that likes to wander around eating random things. The dragons turn up at the most inappropriate times and none of mine flew backwards :(

Mine has only crashed to desktop once since starting it. I do get screen freezes every few minutes, but they always correct themselves after a few seconds. I can deal with it. Like you, though, I think it's a problem with my system rather than the game.

Well, I am playing on a laptop that barely meets system requirements. I found that saving and reloading every half hour nips most of the screen freezes in the bud. Refreshes the g-ram when it loads.

Can't wait to get home and play on my desktop. It's like comparing the graphics of a wii to an old nes console. Actually I have to say I'm impresdes that Bethesda is actually patching this one already.

As for gameplay, just plain lovin it. The Thu'um especially! Lots of fun and they let you vary your play style considerably, which is awesome. Really liking the perks system also. But mostly, I'm just enjoying the heck out of hunting dragons, :lol: I only have 15 souls saved up. Super cool trick with that once you get the dragonrend shout, build up archery and get the perks that slow time when aimingthen shout them out of the air right as you release the arrow.

<3

Elena

• 1 month later...
Guest Irielle

Oh, I love Skyrim. I spent an entire year playing Morrowind and had everything maxed out to at least 100. I did everything Oblivion had to offer and played for months. I started Skyrim the day it came out and am still playing it. I love the Elder Scrolls. Skyrim is such a huge world with so much to do and I love to just wander around. I think I've just about exhausted the game and will fight Alduin soon. Then I'll wait for the expansions yay!

Guest MissSiul

My first game from Elder Scrolls,and I love it*-* I still think that the hair look quite bad,but

the landscapes are awesome,and the fact I can create my character is a plus.

I play with a Nord Mage,I wish I could take some pictures I made her really nice

I play on Xbox 360

Guest S. Chrissie

The construction set is out...so it's just a matter of time before hair packs, textures, beautiful races will start popping up.

I've had Oblivion installed since it was released and I still occasionally play it. After so many years, I haven't finished exploring everything in Oblivion!