• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

shaving

Guest kimberly c

Guest kimberly c

Hi Girls, shaving the one thing I cant stand.Hard to get all those body parts smooth!, but the feeling of a smooth body

is oh so feminine! Looking foward to a great weekend being myself.

Love Kim

Guest sonia shadows

Sorry to say I have absolutely no chance of enjoying those sensations without serious engineering work being made. My hair just wont be cut back, must be really coarse or something. The only exception seems to be the laughing gap, you know between the stocking tops and the panties. If you get that far when you are sliding your hand up a woman's leg you were laughing because you had scored! Anyway, I can make the sides and front of my legs passable for a photograph- will try and post one some time after fighting with my suspender belts to get them fixed and straight!

Guest Hollie W

Love the explanation of 'the laughing gap' Sonia :D

The only thing I am shaving is my eyebrows. Some hairs grow so long they tickle my eye lids in no time. My eyebrows are so fair that I shaved them by mistake once, using wifes shaver and forgot the gaurd, and no one noticed. So I shave them now so that when the time is right, I can either pencil in female eyebrows or buy human hair eyebrows. My eyes are quite sunk in and so now with a higher eyebrow, eye shaddow shows out. Makes such a difference.

Guest Hollie W

Oh and I have so little body hair and it's so light, like the eyebrows, that it doesn't notice. I don't need to shave. I may have to shave my fore arms in time though, the hair there does show.

• Root Admin

How I wish I was one of you with so little body hair. Shaving is a pain

Me too! Think werewolf at the end of the Full MooooooooN!

However, I've tried several methods to clear my back at least. Veet for Men, Veet Spray (for ladies) and my hair trimmer. Nothing worked too well I'm afraid.

Veet for Men stunk the bathroom out whilst it worked on my back hair, scraper (taped onto a foot rule) shifted some, but I removed more in the shower, but my goodness, my finger nails needed a lot of cleaning out afterwards! EEUUUUW!

The Veet spray didn't do much for me, but did manage to strip the paint off the bathroom door!

Then I found something called a ManGroomer which is a battery powered shaver on an extendable handle, with a little practice I was able to reach all parts of my back and remove all but the stubble. Used it on my legs too, but went back to my trimmer to finish them off. Might use the Veet on them, in the bath so as to protect the paintwork next time!

I've had a strange "problem" throughout my life

From schooldays growing up as a boy, all my friends starting to grow facial hair and shaving, my face stayed stubbornly hairless and I got constant remarks about my youthful baby-like appearance which I always found quite hurtful.

Now at 55yrs I still can't grow a full beard, only really getting moustache, chin hair and a bit of sideburns with nothing to talk of on cheeks or neck.

Whereas I always felt I lost out by not receiving what I felt was a level of respect, by being seen in my proper age group, I came through my 20's, 30's and 40's desparately hoping my beard growth would suddenly take off.

However this didn't happen and I've now accepted this will never change.

On the plus side though, having been a closet cross-dresser throughout all this time (from the age of 5 or 6 in fact) I have to say it is far easier for me to change into my Femme self without the associated problems of unwanted shadow etc. some of you girls struggle with.

In addition to this half and half facial growth, the same seems to apply to most of the rest of my body with my legs being hairy on the inside lower legs but totally smooth on the outside lower

Hairs around nipples (Why do men have nipples?? - we're not going to feed babies - are we?), none on my chest

I've often wondered if I've always actually had a 50/50 femme side in my character and personality and physical body which is what led me into crossdressing in the first place, all those years ago

Vikki

I've been smooth on the torso for over a year. hair is light colored anyway so arms and legs aren't too nasty. While I'd love to do the legs, I wear shorts alot and am not transitioning so choose not to put myself in a position of explaining anything to friends or acquaintances...

Question: for those of you who are smooth, are you comfy at doctors exams, the beach, the gym... whatever? I started by being concerned with Doc's or their nurses, but finally adapted the attitude I don't need to explain myself to others. Just curious about your evolution of attitude...

Hugs

Michelle

Michelle, I'd be disappointed if my Dr or her Nurses were hung up about how much/little body hair I had. To be honest I think its become quite mainstream (at least here in the USA) for genetic males to groom body hair. I hadn't really noticed until recently when I was shopping for a new electric razor at Wal Mart. In the mens section they had twice as many body-grooming devices than "normal" face-rasors. So its not just TG people doing it, its a whole lot of straight folks too. Anyway, i'm with you and Vikki in thinking its none of anyone else's beezwax.

I would recommend a wet/dry cordless razor that you can use in the shower with a shaving foam/gel. I've alternated between a bladed razor and a traditional dry electric in the past. The wet/dry is wonderful...really gently on the skin and no risk of cuts.

I'm not transitioning and am deeep in the closet, so body grooming is not possible for me at present (other than discrete trimming). I'd happily take it all off. Its hard to look good in capri's with hairy calves.

Kay

xx

I'm not transitioning and am deeep in the closet, so body grooming is not possible for me at present (other than discrete trimming). I'd happily take it all off. Its hard to look good in capri's with hairy calves.

Kay, as one who spent decades in the closet, I had to move from an unhealthy concern about other peoples approval or anticipated criticism if discovered (outed), into a healthy attitude that I am ok and if someone doesn't like it then its their problem rather than mine. This took time and required that I disclose to people who I believed would accept me exactly as the person I really am. That, frankly, took some courage...

I needed external validation that I really am ok. I could intellectually believe it but at a gut level, that wasn't enough. Once I got real with a few people I started believing that an occasional glance of comment of disapproval that could occur, would reflect more on the commenter than me... The reality is that no one really cares as much as I projected. I can go into stores or around town with hoop earrings and longish red hair and no one says anything. I've also gotten to where I rarely care what they might be thinking :)

Other than my wife of course :thumbsup:

Huggs

Michelle

Michelle, I don't want to hijack the post here about shaving, but just wanted to thank you for your encouragement.

I'm still early in my journey and I'll have to take small steps. I feel really excited and liberated about having found my female self. Some day some how I'll have to reveal myself to my family. But at present, the thought actually terrifies me. I'm not saying I feel physically threatened, but I do feel I would be subjected to an emotional attack that would be very distressing for me. Nuff said. But thanks again for the encouragement,

Kay

xx

• 2 weeks later...

I have just started trying to keep my body smooth and am still experimenting. Razors tend to burn or nick and Nair is hard on my skin. I grow hair thick and heavy(I wore a beard for years to avooid shaving. Eill have to try the spray on Veet, any other sugestions?

Hope to get my ears pierced this week.

rita63cd

I'm fairly lucky with facial hair. very short sideburn lines and the hair is fine. if i shave it every other day makeup conceals it. my lip is hair free and mild fair chin whiskers. I've shaved my legs and pubic area from thee beginning of puberty. with forty or so years experience i'm an expert.

Loveya

SeeJay

• 2 months later...
Guest Caesar62

I shave my legs. The effort and time involved is a pain, but it's so worth it when it's done! I love the smooth feminine feeling, it's so sexy...and looks great!

Guest MeganBr

I have been shaving my armpits for years. I'm not going to say that I was a really hairy. I did have alot of hair. I don't like wearing long sleeves. My arms and legs match my head. But the carpet didn't match the drapes, nor do my chest hair. I have to shave my body every day. If I'm going to wear a cami (I love them) I have to shave my chest and tummy before I can go out. My legs on the other hand I can let them go for a couple of days. The hair does grow back kind of quickly like the rest of my body, but it is much lighter so it's not as noticeable. If I shave one morning by the next afternoon I can feel it and that night When my legs rub each other I feel very prickly. I haven't started shaving my arms yet and have only a goatee. I shave everything else. When we had a warm day here and I wore shorts I was a little nervous about somebody saying something. I went over to my parents house to help them and tried to hide behide things, but wasn't able to and they didn't even noticed. So I now act like It's normal to shave. I still have problems with red bump and ingrown hairs downstairs though. If anyone has any remedies for this please let me know. Send me a message or something. My inner girl is embarrassed to wear shorts around people, and my inner male is embarrassed for a girl to see. I have only started CDing since April, but have wanted to for as long as I could remember. I love it and am not afraid to show it. I still don't know how to explain it to my family in a way that they will accept that this is just a part of me, and that I'm still me just that I like different kinds of clothes now. For now around my family I don't say anything and they don't say anything.

Well i'm like other when it comes to shaving, i absolutly hate it. most of my life i've had at least stubble on my face because i would always get razor burn no matter what i did. as for my hair... well i'm not werewolf hairy but i do have alot. its also in two different colors. on my arms and legs it colorless though there is alot. on my torso i have dark colored and in less than a day after shaving you can see stubble. Main reason i keep shaving as often as i do is simply because it makes the items i wear under my everyday clothes more comfortable.

I have used Nair and veet on my legs and arms with no issues. I can't use them on my belly of chest though, i seem to have a skin reaction in those area's that is painful for days after. So i'm stuck with shaving them for now.... unless someone has a suggestion. The reaction i get is strongest on my belly and it actually makes the folicles bleed.

Guest StephanyR

I shave my legs and arm pits. my face I keep shaven clean and slowly but surely I am plucking my eyebrows a little at a time so it is not too noticable. This way people can get use to my slow transformation. I do wish there was a way to permanently remove hair with out having to go to lazer or anything like that. To be honest I find with armpit hair they trap and stink like anything but with a clean shaven pits and clean shaven torso and legs.... well I just feel alot more cleaner and fresher!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Amber90

I've only just begun to experiment with crossdressing, and shaving has fast become a real pain in the neck. I only use cheap razors (which is probably not the wisest of ideas, but it's all I can afford at this stage in my life), and not only do they cause my entire body to flood with ghastly red rashes, but they also leave countless stubbles all over my body.

Maybe I'm a little too fussy when it comes to removing body hair (I don't even leave my room when I'm dressed up, so it's not as if others will notice my sore and stubbly legs), but the fact that I cannot achieve a smooth look is ever so annoying. If only there was some sort of wonder pill which could eradicate the stuff entirely.

As for what others might think about me shaving my body, I'm really not fussed at all. I'm a closeted crossdresser, but when people ask me why I've shaved my torso and legs, I just tell them that I strongly dislike hair. After that, people never seem to question the matter any further :)

Amber

xx

Guest LorieAnne

Ooooooh shaving, this love hate relationship that bonds us together everyday.

So I have been shaving for a few years now, before I came out I just told everyone I hated hair. I think it was such a weird thing to say that I never got any more conversation after the words would spill from my lips. These days if someone points it out that I'm shaved (when in boy mode) I just go "yup" and that's been the end of it

So, for the longest time I didn't shave my arms, due to the fact I didn't want to answer to anyone about it. But that's was stupid and I do so everyday. Here's the thing. My fiancé HATES stubbly arms and it makes her crazy, well, I wasn't going to stop removing the hair from my arms (I have very little hair elsewhere) so I had to find a solution. That solution came in the form of a $30 delipitator from wallgreens. Let's just say, I hate that thing! But does it ever do the job! And it stays smooth for weeks which is awesome! So whenever I start getting stubbly arm complaints I break that girl out and it does the trick :)

Guest LorieAnne

I used to get red rashes from shaving, it would happen in my groin area and my upper and inner areas of my thighs, highly unattractive. My fiancé was quick to assure me that someday it just wouldn't happen anymore. Your skin has to get use to the shaving action. I have been shaving my whole body for years and no longer get that crazy red rasht bumps. Yay!

So hang in there girl! Give it some time and all will be well ;)

Guest Sarah1967

I shave everything from my face to my toes, I just cannot stand the body hair, I feel so much cooler in the hot summer time feels cleaner too. The first time I shaved my legs I thought I was going to die the itching was bad an that was years ago I don't have the bumps or the itching anymore . When I'm in the shower I have a pumice stone I will put some baby oil plus the body wash and go over my legs with the stone and that will remove the dead skin cells and will make shaving so much better and when I get out of the shower I will rub on some baby oil.

I'm having less problems now that I do it regularly. I start in a hot bath and shave in the tub with shaving lather and a disposable razor (about3 or 4 shaves each. After drying off I apply a moisturizer all over. It leaves me feeling so smooth soft and femme, I love it.

hugs rita