• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Not Such A Good Day

Guest Cal

Today was my driving test for my license and I failed :(

Not only that but my dad she'd me in front of the driving tester (after the test, so I was already peed because I knew I messed it up) and I blew up at him by saying "HE, goddamnit! Forget it" and kind of storming away. Whoops.

I also haven't told him I'm on T yet. But I assume he'll notice sometime. Lol. I did my second shot today, it seemed to hurt more than the first one :/

Also I'm using a friend's grandparent's car for my driving test, and they don't know I'm on T. And I have to wait 28 days to take the test again, so I might be sounding all mannish or something by then, that could be awkward. Ugh.

Guest jantonio

Sorry to hear that you failed your driving test Cal. Don't worry I failed mine too when I was younger but I passed it the 2nd time. Anyway hang in there man things will get better. :)

Jose Antonio...

Guest Nekomata

I failed it my first time at 16, too, because I was nervous and I didn't know all the silly little rules. (like stopping at train tracks and looking both ways. Honestly, who does that anymore) Don't worry, you'll get it next time. I wonder if you could get a letter from a therapist so you could make your first license be marked 'male'.

Don't worry! I failed mine not once, not twice, but three times before I got my license! :D The first two times I screwed up the cones...I still suck at parking, by the way, and the third time I didn't "feel the roll back on stops" which I didn't know about. So no worries, I'm a fine driver now. You'll get it next time, and don't worry about it until then. Good luck mate!

Konnor

Here in WI we don't have any cones. The tester jumps in your car and you go for a drive.

The first test I took in a large city entirely unfamiliar to me (3 hour drive away) during the friday rushhour. I failed due to several different "immediate fails".

The second test I took 8:00 on a Sunday morning, about an hour from home, in a small town. I only passed one other car! hahaa, fun fun...

Don't worry about failing for the first time. In my WI town, it was almost mandatory that everyone failed the first time. I seriously cannot think of one person who passed his or her first driving test.

I know it's a big deal. I was crushed when I failed the first time. And I could parallel park with the best of them.

See, I parallel parked "to the book" and was still half way in the street on my first test.

The tester guy told me, "Forget everything you learned in behind the wheel, just back the car in where you want it to be"

And I did, and I can now parallel park with ease. Amazing how that works ^-^

My first test was in Prairie Du Chein, the second in Watertown... I live a short bit east of Watertown; how about you Jackson? :P

I failed it my first time at 16, too, because I was nervous and I didn't know all the silly little rules. (like stopping at train tracks and looking both ways. Honestly, who does that anymore) Don't worry, you'll get it next time. I wonder if you could get a letter from a therapist so you could make your first license be marked 'male'.

I already do...well my permit is marked male :P

Sorry about your test man, that sucks. Does your dad get the pronouns wrong on purpose?
Yeah, he refuses to call me by my new name or male pronouns.

I've got a friend who failed three times due to immediate fails. All three times. Backing over a curb, running a red light, that kind of thing. Bad luck, or a bad driver, or both