• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What's your verdict?

Guest Mila

Hi everyone

Haven't been around in almost 4 months, missed you all (who I know, and don't know)

Anyway, I've uploaded three photos to my gallery - what do you think? How far am I from passing? Comments, suggestions... Thanks in advance

^_^ Mila

• Admin

Wow, Mila, you are VERY pretty! I really like the way you did your eye makeup. It looks very good. You have a great, feminine facial shape and features, and you shouldn't have much trouble passing well.

My only suggestion is to have your eyebrows thinned some. But they have a lovely shape, too. You've got a great head start, hon. Congrats!

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

I agree with everything Carolyn said. You're looking really great! The dark hair and the eye make up gives you a very beautiful, exotic and mysterious look.

Definitely heed Carolyn's advice and consider thinning your eyebrows. It may not seem like much but it will really do wonders. Besides the eyebrows nothing else stood out. Looking good and things will only get better!

*Hugs*

~Risu.

Thanks RIsu, I'm actually shaping the eyebrows, and it's a lot thinner than what I would normally have, but can't get it too thin yet - otherwise people will really notice and start asking questions... ^_^

• Admin

Put your pinky finger up beside your nose and use that as the inside end of your eyebrow, at the outside corner of the eye, again, a pinky finger in from the eye corner. You have a good shape, but short "sketchy" use of an ebrow pencil, and then a bit of hair gel on an eyebrow brush/comb will help you finish off a very GIRL look. (Technique I learned from a makeup artist who does MtF makeovers on a BIG scale at a Texas Drag Festival)

Guest Ney'ite

I will agree with the others as well. I really like the dark look for sure, just thin the eyebrows would be the only thing I could suggest. Of course, the rest of the presentation, mannerisms, voice, clothing (only to *some* extent), vernacular, often can negate other "flaws" that usually only we see anyway (omg are WE our own WORST critics!).

All in all, looking good! :D

Guest ChloëC

Hi Mila,

I think #3 shows a good side of you. But as we always say to people who put up pictures (and I'm just as guilty), smile! It's amazing what a smile does. Gets you feeling good, and with us seeing it, it gets us feeling good, and then we share that back with you and it just grows and grows.

Hugz

Chloë

You look passable by how you face looks. However that's only part of your presentation. The voice is just as important as the face. And mannerisms are important too.

Please don't think that how you look is what matters Mila. You have t realize you ARE a woman and need to realize that and work on feeling comfortable as one. When being a woman comes natural, the rest will be gravy.

Jenny

To Kimberly C, KayJo, and Erin Girl to Be - thanks so much, it means a lot! ^_^

To ChloeC - thanks heaps! I also think that smile works wonders, but I'm still working on my smile, I want it to be more feminine. But next time I will definitely smile :)

To JenniferB, and Bettet2010 - thanks a lot! I really appreciate your comments! I realize that there is a lot more to being a woman than just looks. For example, I spent months working on my voice, and I understand how important other aspects of my behavior are. I just wanted to check my 'situation' from visual standpoint - important component too :)