• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A Talking Strategy Idea For TG to CIS Folk

VickySGV

• Admin

I was tentatively asked by a TS I know who is coming out to a group of people in her life to help her give some training about Trans Folk to this group. I have an idea that I am working on for a "manipulative" experience for the people she wants to get information to and just want to see if it looks possible to the EXPERTS here.

I have a source for some 3"x5" pocket make-up type mirrors in plastic cases that can have a standard label printed on a computer and pasted on them, they are "give aways" for advertising campaigns and very inexpensive. There is a budget for this.

The label to be put on the backs of the mirrors will read "I survived _______'s Gender Diversity

Training, and will be a gift to the participants. The "I" will be in a large fancy type font and will mean identity. About a 1/3 of the mirrors will also get a "post-it note" picture pasted over the glass side. The picture will be of either a celebrity or villiain or maybe a cute animal or even a not so cute one.

The people getting training will each get one mirror to keep.

The concept of identity in general will be covered, includiing how people develop one and how it is preserved and delivered to others with the mirrors still being in their cases.

A description of what people normally expect to see when they look in the mirror, and how a face reflects the true inner spirit of the person, and is a communication vehicle, status announcer, etc to others leads up to having the trainees take the mirrors out of the cases and looking in the mirrors.

Of course, the people with the pictures over their mirror glass will not see their real image, and will have a number of bad feelings when they see something other than their faces in the mirror. The point will be that they have now experienced what a transsexual sees in a mirror until they get appropriate help and begin living in transition and the whole tank of gas!!

I don't have it completely story boarded, but do any of you think it could work, and would it be a way to get positive attention from Cis folk??