• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Shopping at Victoria's Secret

Guest hengyr

Hey, everybody, I'm Ryan. I'm considering going to Victoria's Secret sometime in the future to buy a pair of panties and a bra. On a scale of 1 to 5, how friendly are the sales associates at Victoria's Secret (assuming they know it's for you)? Have they made any comments? Are they accomodating when it comes to fitting and using dressing rooms?

This is going to vary from store to store and associate to associate. Geographical location will play a part as well. Every time I've gone into a Victoria's Secret it's been dressed as a female. In the early days of my transition, when I didn't pass that well, I would get dirty looks from most associates and they were very uncomfortable about helping me, which I suppose doesn't bode well for someone who may attempt to go dressed as a male. Nowadays, I love going to VS, the associates are SO SWEET and friendly! Whether this is because of my improved passability, or a sign of changing times, I don't know, but either way, I like it!

Guest Lacey Lynne

Kairi (above) answered you very well and quite correctly, I'd say.

Several months ago, I'd go in Victoria's Secret in androgyne mode, and the associates were VERY accommodating, amazingly so, actually. When I go in there in girl mode, no difference. Guess I was passing as an androgyne and didn't even realize it. Sometimes, I'm dense that way ... sigh.

I'd say: Just Do It!

Peace & Luck to You :friends: Lacey Lynne

even when i was younger i lived in a large metropolitain area. now on a daily basis there is no doubt i am a guy wearing feminine clothing, hairstyle and jewelry. i do not wear my breast forms or butt padding. clerks in all the stores i shop are friendly. now on a funnier note as a teen i went into JCP to buy panties. i had not wore panties in a while so i picked out three sizes. when i put them on the counter the older lady looked me over as i was clearly dressed like a boy and asked, Are these for friends or you. turning beet red answered her question. she said panties on a boy need to fit properly, they can be really uncomfortable if they are too small. after she sized me up i still bought three packages but they all fit perfectly.

Loveya

SeeJay