• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

"Man" appears in FHM's 100 Sexiest Women

Guest musicalice

Guest musicalice

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/news/man-appears-in-fhms-100-sexiest-women-list-2291995.html

*jealous* for his looks

<_< at the article; get over it! He's hotter than you :P And he still gets bought drinks by men after he tells them he's a guy - that is nice to read. They are accepting of him and interested in the whole thing, and not put out (for the most part; I'd imagine there are some homophobic people who would run for the lavatory after finding out).

I do think it's quite interesting though. It shows you can get the most feminine looking, feminine acting guy, but he is still (as far as I can discern) a man in his head and fine with how he looks at the same time. Goes to show that appearance etc. has nothing to do with how we feel inside.

Hi Alice,

Not from around your parts, and wondering what FHM is. The article made me sick! The person pictured in the article is obviously beautiful, and was horribly trashed for it. I do hope that someone brings them into the same century that I'm living in.

Love, Megan

Guest John Chiv

From the photo I see a woman not an androgynous or feminine guy. I am not disputing that he is a man or that he identifies as one, just saying what I see.

John

Guest musicalice

That's all I can see too. I think with him it's more of a gimmick to make the most of how he looks naturally, to turn heads. He presumably doesn't have to be Andrej Pejic the model 24/7, just when there's a camera around; the rest of the time he's just Andrej Pejic (and probably looks more androgynous than when he's made up like a woman).

Guest musicalice

I do think it's a gimmick, but I don't think there's anything intrinsically wrong with that - it wasn't a criticism.

There's no rule written in stone that a male model has to pose topless in briefs with a crew-cut and abs like a cheesegrater, while a female model must wear long hair, have absolutely no fat on her body and large breasts. It is a gimmick, it is to make money, but why not? He isn't trans; I think it'd be quite unreasonable to expect him to campaign for trans issues because of his appearance. There are people who make money via gimmicks that are far more damaging.

That said, I do see that it could be harmful for us. People might say to me, "Well Andrej Pejic is a guy who looks like a girl, isn't that what you are?" I'll just have to point out that the moon (sadly) isn't made of cheese, despite looking yellowish-white and holey.

Guest John Chiv

Alice,

We could debate this back and forth, but I didn't intend my response to be a extended discussion on the merits of gimmicks or trans education. I think I'd rather have the thread be more lighthearted. I was merely expressing my opinion, as you are yours. There is no right or wrong answer.

John