• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Anyone Here Like Anime?

Guest QuietFlower

Guest QuietFlower

Well I am still new here as that is obvious probably, I hope this topic goes here and I'm not sure if anyone even liked that like I do... I watch lots of it, and I know mostly young people like it and I'm not sure the average age of people, so I was curious if anyone likes Anime or Manga... If so what is your favorites?

Just curious...

jessica

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EVAN_DESU

I like both myself. I find myself rather fond of most Anime, from Sailor Moon and DearS to Dragonball and Bleach. If you ever want to see some anime online, I have a link that has a lot of them to stream online.

Hi,

I do not often look Animies. But I like the style of the japanese seeing the future. Some days ago, I watched Ghost in the Shell. The future of japanese Anime or Mangas is allways dark and bad to humans. I like it. I also like Matrix because it is inspired by Ghost in the Shell.

When I was a small kid, I watched Captain Future in TV. I guess this is also a Anime.

Greetings

Nelly

Guest Jack Solomon

I think a lot of people here like anime. B) Also, there is a topic you might enjoy reading on anime and manga series that involve transgender characters of some type here.

My favorite anime series are: Berserk, Melody of Oblivion, Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo, Fullmetal Alchemist, Loveless, Kyo Kara Myaoh!, Blood+

Manga: Loveless, Angel Sanctuary, Berserk

I also like to collect anime series on dvd and manga. For manga it's mostly yaoi or shounen-ai titles and I own a lot more anime series on dvd than I do manga.

Solomon

Guest QuietFlower

Well, I am happy so many people here do like Anime... sadly I am somewhat obsessed about it if that is the right word...

I am very quiet usually so I don't have many friends, so mostly I spend free time with anime and such, I'm such a nerd :(

Anyways, sadly I have seen every anime mentioned apart from: 'Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo' - ANd I did See an Episode of Berserk but its too bloody and scary for me, I don't like gross stuff in anime like blood and gore ^_^

To Nelly, Ghost in the shell is really good I think too, and thanks for information I did not know matrix was based off of it that is so neat! Well, Guess i never saw matrix either, but I know it was huge... :blush: There are some anime that are similiar to that I could tell you about if you were interested, even though you said your not a huge fan of Anime, but i dunno...

Also I love vampire knight! Vampires are so hot! ... nevermind off subject :unsure: Sorry! Anyways, vampire knight is one of my favorite anime, along with fruits baskets...

My top 3 favorite anime are:

1. Soul Eater (Yay comedy action its funny)

2. Elfen Lied (apart from some yucky gore its really nice)

3. Vampire Knight / Fruits Baskets (not sure where they go sothey are tied for me)

My favorite Manga:

1. Midnight Secretary

2. Soul Eater

3. Naruto (yes im a nerd)...

-Jessica

I love anime too :D Way to much, I have seen... It's unhealthy! :D

Here's a list of the ones I've seen (that I remember)

Presented in close-to-alphabetical order

Azumanga Diaoh

Bleach

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro Chan

Bottle Fairy

Cowboy Beebop

Dai Mahou Touge

Death Note

Dennou Coil

Di Gi Charat

Elfen Lied

Fate Stay Night

FLCL

Full Metal Alchemist

Fushigi Yuugi

Gakuen Alice

Galaxy Angel

Genkishin

Gravitation

Gundam 0080 War in The Pocket

Gunslinger Girl

Hellsing

Hellsing Ultimate

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai

Jigoku Shoujo

Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori

Kyo Kara Mao

Leave it to Piyoko!

Loveless

Love Hina

Love Hina Again

Love Hina Christmas Special

Love Hina Haru Speicial

Lucky Star

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's

Mahou Sensei Negima

Mai-Otome

Mai-Otome Zwei

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Mushishi

My-HiME

Nodame Cantabile

Ouran Highschool Host Club

Pani Poni Dash

Ponyo on a Cliff

Popotan

Rosario To Vampire

Samurai Champloo

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

School Rumble

School Rumble Ni Gakki

Snow Fairy Sugar

Zombie Loan

I just updated this list for the first time in a while, I probably forgot something...

And a picture of my current collection. About ready to thin it out...

[hide]animecollectionnz6.gif[/hide]

Guest Shane Lukas

I'm in LOVE with Azumanga Daioh and Yotsuba Tu. Sadly those were the last mangas I've purchased in a while. I haven't watched any anime in a while either, but I did used to watch whatever was on cartoon network at the time. :rolleyes:

Guest gwenthlian

I wouldnt say ive read/watched much but i do like the occasional anime or manga.

Some of my favorites would be :

Fruits Basket

Death Note

Ah My Goddess

Princess Tutu

oh and anything by Hayao Miyazaki ^^

Guest Sakura_Stingray

that is quit a collection on your computer....i rememberd i had so much anime downloaded it was over 79 gigs....it crashed my old computer from 2000 milinium edition.....not goin to make the same mistake so now i collect the seriese on dvd....i have roughly 130 different anime seriese in full

Guest QuietFlower

Wow, Sakura is right that is a good collection you have ^_^ My computer is old and sucky or I’d collect it on my computer, instead I just stream it at a lot of miscellaneous websites I know… You have seen like every Love Hina that is made, I always classified all of those as just Love Hina though but you are obviously more organized then me…

I have seen most of your list, but some I haven’t… Then again I guess most would imply that I didn’t see all of them…

I like your list of anime though Daru, it is a nice list you have and I guess its good its on your computer, I just would like if I Had one good enough *Sigh* anyways that is good list ^_^

And Gwen, I love Princess TuTu too, I was actually watching it yesterday while I worked some, shh that’s a secret though ::blush::

I love Anime and Manga!

I've watched:

Cardcaptor Sakura (awesome)

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (also awesome)

Tsubasa Chronicle

Rozen Maiden

Tokyo Mew Mew

some of Azumanga Daioh

Some of Chobits

some of xxxholic

On my way through Serial Experiments Lain

Mangas I've read

Tsubasa Chronicle

xxxholic

Cardcaptor Sakura

Chobits

some of Vampire Doll

Tokyo mew mew

Guest RainBird

I used to watch Naruto, Sailor Moon, Pokemon and Dragonball Z. :D

The DBZ 'Majiin Buu saga' was a bit long though lol :P

My all time fav was Astro Boy from the 80's, soo cute! :)

I love anime/manga ^^ whenever i'm bored and not watching or reading an anime/manga i'll probably look for one ^^

the only annoying thing is there's often too much perverted stuff in it, so i won't watch more than one episode of that anime -_-'

my very first anime that i watched completely (so no pokémon or DBZ, because they keep on going :P) was gravitation ^_^ long live shounen-ai ^^ :P

grtz & hugs,

Sarah

• 1 month later...
Guest kris devereux

for me right now on-line it's sayannara zetsbou sensei just odd & strange & funny as hell, on broadcast tv right now it's a toss up between bleach & code geass, & on demand it's tide line blue scrapped princess & the first season of my hime

• 4 weeks later...

I love anime.

My Top 3:

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Fullmetal Alchemist

Love Hina

And I read way too many manga to name. Most popular stuff, and others are mostly TG related, those that I can find.

I grew up on Sailor Moon. I'm still obsessed with Pokemon (not just the anime).

I'm not that into anime though. The two I really like are Death Note and Welcome to the NHK.

I also liked Chobits--Chi is so adorable! I usually like the little kid movies too, like My Neighbor Totoro.

There might be many manga series that I'd like, but collecting manga is too expensive.

I grew up on Sailor Moon and DBZ.

I've watched a few series here and there.

Full Metal Alchemist and Death Note are two that come to mind.

I'm currently watching Bleach and I wish today was tomorrow so I could watch the new episode. >.>

Guest shounenbat

Azumanga Daioh is one of the funniest anime series I've seen in a long time. Trigun is probably one of the most influential shows I've watched. It touched me in a very personal way. Other great anime are:

1. Rurouni Kenshin

2. Grave of the Fireflies (so it's technically a film, but everyone should watch it once)

3. The Vision of Escaflowne (not to spoil it, but there's a transgender sort of twist at the end)

4. Ranma 1/2

5. Serial Experiments Lain

6. Vampire Princess Miyu (watch the OAV first)

7. The Slayers, The Slayers NEXT, The Slayers TRY, and The Slayers Revolution

8. Ouran High School Host Club (androgynous gender-bending ahoy!) Don't ever watch it dubbed.

9. Ah! My Goddess

10. Saikano

11. Tenchi Muyo

12. For those of you who like the Monte Cristo anime, you'll probably like Romeo X Juliet when it comes to America.

• 1 month later...
Guest anna123

anime is one of my favorite past-times

manga................................not so much

my favorites would have to be

DBZ/DB/DBGT

G Gundam

Yu-Gi-Oh! (the original series)

Bleach/Naruto/Deathnote/any other type of anime like that can go crawl in a hole and die for all I care

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Neuro

I'm a huge otaku. XD I love things like Ranma 1/2, X, Love Hina, Kino no Tabi, Fullmetal Alchemist, Chobits, Death Note, also some BL titles (Sukisyo, Gakuen Heaven) and GL titles (Alien Nine, Strawberry Panic)... Especially manga. I have a bookshelf or two in my little room @_@ (Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei FTW! For the win XD)

I also like to draw in the style, does anyone else?

Oh--! There is an incredible manga (is a comic so might be off-topic) called Hourou Musoko--about the childhood life of a transgender boy AND a transgender girl. I recently discovered it, and you know how some anime and manga sort of have gender-stereotype layed out...? This manga is exactly how I remember feeling as a little girl who wanted nothing more than to be a boy.

There might be an anime out there... I want to see it. I highly suggest it to everyone in this community! Lol--guys and girls both. It is very inspiring, and painfully nostalgic.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NeverSayNever

I watched Loveless, Beyblade (does that count?) and Naruto. Not a very long list, but oh well.

I'm trying to find some more though ^^

I attempt to draw in the style as well, and I'm getting better. I used to be really bad but I'm gradually improving ^^