• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A New Pic and an Update

Guest NatashaJade

Guest NatashaJade

Hi Everyone!

So life gets superbusy and then it subsides for a moment or two and then the busy crashes on me again. But that's okay. I have 176 days until my date with Dr. Brassard in Montreal, so I'm happy to see the time fly by.

Life is mostly good, you know? I think the worst is still the daily bouts of GD that can really ruin an otherwise lovely day. Saturday was such a day. My spouse and I got a spot in the Phoenix Public Market to sell our cookies. A pretty major coup for us. And we had a great morning at the market. We made a lot of great contacts and sold some cookies and generally had a fun time together. She was as happy as I have seen her in a long time. But then later that evening, I took a shower and it hit me and I couldn't escape it. I just broke down and cried for an hour.

As good as life is. As lovely as it is to be living authentically, I still have to deal with that constant reminder of how things are not quite as they should be. Most of the time I can mostly handle it. Sometimes it really gets to me though. And it gets to me worse because I otherwise see myself for who I am. But then I catch a glimpse or have to use it and then I feel like half a person...the pain is still there.

I know this may seem like a downer. I mean, I have a lot...a lot of good in my life. I'm a public school teacher who has kept her job through transition. I have kept my marriage, my home and my friends. But given all the good (and life is so much better now than ever before), I still have the daily pain of GD to deal with for another 176 days and they cannot pass soon enough.

Below is a very recent picture. If you go back through my gallery, you can see how far I have come since the days of "Unseeley Gin". Hormones and life have made such a difference!

All my love to you all!

Tasha

gallery_7365_883_18973.jpg

• Forum Moderator

Nice to read your update Tasha ! You are a shining example here of transition and family life, wishing you the best in the months and years to come.

Hugs

Cindy -

You look beautiful.

Your post has hit me especially hard, I kinda wish I hadn't read it. Although I am glad I did. Best of luck and may those 176 days fly by.

Nova

I have to agree with Autumn here. Absolutely gorgeous picture. With the exception of the GD.... I'm glad everything is going so well for you and your spouse :)

I hope you have a great holiday season, and I hope those 176 days pass like the blink of an eye.

Great to have an update! Thank you so much!

*Hugs*

~Risu.

Guest NatashaJade

You look beautiful.

Your post has hit me especially hard, I kinda wish I hadn't read it. Although I am glad I did. Best of luck and may those 176 days fly by.

Nova

Thank you for the compliment. And I know how you feel.

xoxo

Guest NatashaJade

Nice to read your update Tasha ! You are a shining example here of transition and family life, wishing you the best in the months and years to come.

Hugs

Cindy -

I'm shining? I'd best check my foundation ;)

But thank you. Somehow, mostly with the help of people here, I've managed to make it through so much of this. It's not easy, but it's worth it.

xoxo

Guest NatashaJade

I have to agree with Autumn here. Absolutely gorgeous picture. With the exception of the GD.... I'm glad everything is going so well for you and your spouse :)

I hope you have a great holiday season, and I hope those 176 days pass like the blink of an eye.

Great to have an update! Thank you so much!

*Hugs*

~Risu.

Thank you so much. I hope you have an equally lovely season. Winter is so nice around here (Phoenix). It's actually cold enough so I don't melt when I leave my classroom.

xoxo

Nice update and great pic.

John

Thanks, John!!!!

• Admin

Natasha, its so great to hear from you and know that your job and family are solid and that you're moving forward on a very good path.

I understand the pain you're experiencing, but to know that there will be an end to it, a resolution, in a relatively short time, I hope brings you solace.

Be well, my friend, and have a wonderful holiday. I agree with the others about your pic: you look gorgeous!

Love

Carolyn Marie

Guest Donna Jean

Tash......Sweetheart, I understand.....

But, as the sands of time move, so does your ability to be yourself......

It will all be better in the coming year........

LOVE & HUGGS!

Dee Jay

Guest Amethyst_Redemption

:wub: ---- You are one hot momma. I bet some of your students have a crush. ;)

also, super excited the holiday cups are out at Starbucks.

<3

Guest NatashaJade

I understand the pain you're experiencing, but to know that there will be an end to it, a resolution, in a relatively short time, I hope brings you solace.

I agree with the others about your pic: you look gorgeous!

Thanks, Carolyn. I keep reminding myself that half a year is just about 1/80th of my life, which is a very small part of it indeed. I'll make it through.

And thanks for that. I've come a long way since we first met :D

Tash......Sweetheart, I understand.....

But, as the sands of time move, so does your ability to be yourself......

It will all be better in the coming year........

Thanks, Dee Jay!!!! I am myself...mostly. I'm like 97% myself. Which is a far cry from where I used to be.

:wub: ---- You are one hot momma. I bet some of your students have a crush. ;)

also, super excited the holiday cups are out at Starbucks.

<3

One hot Drama Mama! I have two students who I know have a thing for me. One statedly so, but she's a lesbian and loves my breasts, which are head level for her.

And I love that you noticed the SB cup :D I'm just sad that my current diet precludes eggnog lattes (or eggnog for that matter). But weight loss must occur before surgery, which is more important than fancy coffee drinks for the moment.

xoxo

• Forum Moderator

Hugs

Cindy -

I'm shining? I'd best check my foundation ;)

But thank you. Somehow, mostly with the help of people here, I've managed to make it through so much of this. It's not easy, but it's worth it.

xoxo

Anybody that can transition and keep their family relations intact deserves special mention and in my book shines ! This takes a special balance not easily found, you have done that Natasha !

Ok go powder your nose now :rolleyes:

Hugs

C -

Guest Karen K

Natasha,

Love the pic you're beautiful. We all deal with this time to time. For me as time progresses it gets a little less frequent for I have more hope as more time passes.

I am not yet out to everyone, only family and a few neighbors.

I've had a few job interviews, as my male self, and hope to shortly be employed full time. If this happens, then I predict that 8 to 10 months later, I will be established enough to come out totally and live rather than survive.

HRT (going on 15 months) is also doing its thing for me, slowly, as you said. But the boobettes are there for sure! The facial changes are also evident, but only if I look at past photos. Laser continues, a few dark whiskers remain but a slew or grey ones are needing electro.

I'm still clothes poor. I really could use a fashion conscious girl to help me pick a style and fill out a wardrobe.

That's where I am today.

xo Laura Jane

Guest NatashaJade

Anybody that can transition and keep their family relations intact deserves special mention and in my book shines ! This takes a special balance not easily found, you have done that Natasha !

Ok go powder your nose now :rolleyes:

More than anything it's about patience and love. Both my spouse and I never stop talking to each other, even through the rough patches. And I've been fortunate that I have the best friends in the world who love me for me and understand that the person they know didn't die or doesn't act differently (all that much...more honest now...definitely more honest).

And my nose is powdered (I keep a mirror on my desk to make sure I'm always presentable!)

..your pic makes it look like you're up to something devious.

Are you going to assign homework over the holidays?

Moi? Only for my show kids. They have to learn their songs. Everyone else gets a break :D I may be a b*tch at times, but I'm not that mean.

Natasha,

Love the pic you're beautiful. We all deal with this time to time. For me as time progresses it gets a little less frequent for I have more hope as more time passes.

I am not yet out to everyone, only family and a few neighbors.

I've had a few job interviews, as my male self, and hope to shortly be employed full time. If this happens, then I predict that 8 to 10 months later, I will be established enough to come out totally and live rather than survive.

HRT (going on 15 months) is also doing its thing for me, slowly, as you said. But the boobettes are there for sure! The facial changes are also evident, but only if I look at past photos. Laser continues, a few dark whiskers remain but a slew or grey ones are needing electro.

I'm still clothes poor. I really could use a fashion conscious girl to help me pick a style and fill out a wardrobe.

That's where I am today.

xo Laura Jane

Thank you for the compliment, Laura. I hate to say it, but for a time before and after I went full time, it had subsided quite a bit. But the longer I live my authentic life, the more incongurent that bit is and the less it makes sense to my brain. I don't really remember what it was like before except for that and once it's gone, I can more gently phase into the rest of my life.

As for clothes, I've found that thrift stores are amazing places to find a style that works for you on a budget. Dress the age you look minus a few years (not too many). And shop often. It's fun!

xoxo