• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Binding Methods

Guest PresCreed

Guest PresCreed

I was wondering if anyone would mind sharing how exactly transguys here (if any do) bind their chests. I used an old hospital wrap my girlfriend had until it completely wore out ( it had holes everywhere) and nOw I have resorted to using my friends horse leg wraps which are more useful then the wrap but unfortunantely when I wrap and put my arms down it curls over at the top and gets very annoyInf after a while and the velcro peels off constantly so I have to make sure it doesn't poke out through my shirts in the back. Any ideas on better binds?

I use the 988 from Underworks, personally. But there's a lot of discussion on binding and binders over in the FTM forum. Go there and enter "binder" into the search bar at the top right of the page, click on the grey box that says "Google search this site" and change that to "Search this forum", then hit the magnifying glass. There's a lot of discussion on which are the best binders and why, how to take care of them, how to figure out which is best for you, etc. You'll be drowning in info.

And then there's this, which is probably the most important binding post: 9 Reasons to Make Sure You Bind Appropriately and Not Over Years and Years.

Underworks has an awesome program, Big Brothers Used Binders, that helps people get binders who might not otherwise be able to afford them. It's how I got my first binder. Much better than using bandages! =)