• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

songs that inspire me.....

Guest eliza.d

Guest eliza.d

hey yall,

being a guitarist for 27 of my 33 years, music has always been a big inspiration to me. i have a few songs of recent record that i get particular underlying inspiration from....lately.

eminem, beautiful, lose yourself, not afraid

katy perry, pearl, kissed a girl

gaga, born this way(ok i know its obvious), so happy i could die

rise against, make it stop

adele, lovesong(cure cover)

some older ones:

heather nova, island, walk this world, winterblue, higher ground, wicked game

shania twain, feel like a woman, if youre not in it for love.

more suggestions later.

here are some of my favorite artists:

the cure, the smiths, bon iver(&st vincent), iron and wine, ani difranco, the police, prince, boy george, george michael, widespread panic, anything eighties, anything motown, classic country, ivy, the black keys, she wants revenge, paramore, the tea party, im a big goth fan: type o negative, within temptation, siouxie and the banshees, lacuna coil, london after midnight, mission uk, florence and the machine, sade, madonna, bebel gilberto and astrud gilberto(brazilian jazz, samba), cheb khaled, dana, gloria estefan, allman bros, grateful dead, phish, michael jackson, the beegees, journey, santana, switchblade symphony, the toasters(ska), bob marley, steel pulse, cyndi lauper, barbara streisand, neil diamond, barry manilow, glen miller, artie shaw, benny goodman, stan getz, billie holiday, nina simone, .......

there are sooo many more, but thats some of them.

jamm on!

Eliza D.

Guest Szenzie

Johnny Cash's cover of Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind. There's a nice version of it on youtube and it's definitely been my inspiration lately.

I cry every time. I read the lyrics from the perspective of me speaking to someone that I love dearly. While listening to Cash's voice echo with the sound of experience, wisdom and fatalism it reminds me that life is short and needs to be lived to the fullest at every moment. I hope that I can pursue my passion until the day that I die.

Lightfoot's is excellent and is the original but it doesn't touch me in the same way.

~ ♥Szenzie

Guest NatashaJade

My go to song for inspiration is "Waiting for a Superman" by the Flaming Lips. Actually, the whole album it's on, The Soft Bulletin, reminds me why I keep going.

xoxo

Guest eliza.d

i saw the stones in miami, and the played its only rock and roll. truly a classic.....

heres my song of inspiration for right now:

adele- set fire to the rain.

to me it means: to do the imagined impossibility of setting fire to the rain. no matter how at times inconceivable, we must set fire to the rain. in that, the rain is a seemingly unshakeable idea from society of what we are as tg's. setting fire, means to endeavor tirelessly to bring the truth of what and who we are to the world eventhough it seems impossible. we must.

thus, we must set fire to the rain...break the mold, bring understanding when we are misunderstood. so that the next ones like us may not have to suffer and not perish in the rain of preconceived and predjudicial notions. we may think at times, " i am but one person, what difference could i possibly make?". the flood, begins with one drop of rain. we are that drop. when we take up the fight and give our all, others will come to our aid and theirs.

we must fight for the deliverance of what we are, and ultimately that of the entire human race. how many have perished due to their persecution and judgement? in the preservation of truth we save not only ourselves, but all those who would seek to embrace it.

sorry, i come from a long line of preachers and am grossly over educated. both i thought for years a curse. now as much as i know who i am, as a tg and human, is a gift....so it seems are those as well.

well, thats what that song means to me. too deep perhaps, but thats what i hear in the words.

Eliza

Guest Selena Soh

I have had inspiration (for my story writing mainly, but also other things) from My Heart is Broken, What You Want, End of the Dream, Famous Last Words, Welcome to the Black Parade, Cancer, I Don't Love You, and Good Enough. But one son, whenever I hear it, it brings a new meaning to everything. It is called Lost in Paradise. Sometimes it will make me think about my life, how the world is so perfect, yet I feel so wrong, and the things I should've done (All the promises I made...), and at other times I can visualize a scene for my story. Also the musin itself sings to my soul, as if it had always been a part of me. I'm sure I'd heard it before, somewhere. And the lines "And as much as I'd like to feel I could belong here, I'm just as scared as you" is easy for me to relate to, while the line "One day we won't feel this pain anymore" and those after it (I've reached my quote limit), while I could think of them as kinda depressing, I choose to think of them as hopeful words for the future.

So all of these songs have inspired me, either for personal self, or as inspiration for my imagination.

And yes, those songs are only from three different albums, but I love them all too much.

Guest eliza.d

selena soh, great that you too find inspiration and therapy through music as i, and so many of us do. we have to get support wherever and whenever we can.

i see that you live down under. my grandmother was from sydney australia. she was exported by my grandfather during ww2. and she who came from a very poor family, but became the backbone of my mothers family amd life. until unfortunately she was taken from this earth by a drunken teenager hotrodding in his dads car that he snatched without authorization to show off in front of the high school, near where she lived. she was returning home from the store with ingredients to make my mom a birthdaycake. the year was 1971, unfortunately i was not born until 1978, so i was unable to physically know her. but she lives in my heart nonetheless.

music helps us deal, helps us feel, and in some ways helps us heal.

merry christmas,

Eliza D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ~Jamie~

First and formost, Drive by Inccubus. Helps me remember not to give in to fear.

Unwell by Matchbox 20. Reminds me that I'm not broken, just coping.

The Brightest Bulb has Burned Out/Screws Fall Out by Less Than Jake. Sometimes we fall, but it's best to focus on what comes next rather than hanging onto a bad past.

C'Mon by Rustic Overtones. (Sort of a local band... kinda) Because truely if you even try, you are halfway to triumph.

Righteous by Paranoid Social Club (Used to be part of Rustic) Helps to keep in mind that you can find god everywhere.

With a Little Help from my Friends by the Beatles. We all need help sometimes. I especially like the line "What do you see when you turn out the light? I cannot tell you but I know that it's mine."

Brokedown Palace by The Greatful Dead. It's important to know that you can always leave a bad situation and find peace in your life.

For Your Love by the Yardbirds. No reason beyond the fact that it's my favorite love song, it inspires me to smile.

Poem on the Undergound Wall by Simon and Garfunkel. (Spesificaly the one on the B side where it's just Paul playing/singing by himself.) I like to think that the word is either hope or love. Makes me feel so good every time I hear it. It's really my favorite song.

There are others, but those are my favoite insperational ones that are good in and of themselves. You know, as opposed to talking about what you shouldn't do and appealing to my darker side >.<

~Jamie

Guest eliza.d

well, i love to dance, and my canadian GF, has turned me on to some great dance musik.

Candy coated killahz

David Guetta

Danny Fernandes

all great dance musik, actually heard some of them playing last night at the lgbT, me and the girls went too.

Good fun....

Eliza

Guest cynthash

well, i love to dance, and my canadian GF, has turned me on to some great dance musik.

Candy coated killahz

David Guetta

Danny Fernandes

all great dance musik, actually heard some of them playing last night at the lgbT, me and the girls went too.

Good fun....

Eliza

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Okay... for the rest of you now... lol

Evanescence - Bring Me To Life

All the artists mentioned in the quote( :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: )

Heather Nova - Heal

Nickelback - Hero

Selena Gomez - Year Without Rain

Avril Lavigne - Smile

Yeah, that's all I can think of right now. The penalty of having a brain full of love and butterflies lol. B)