• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

... and to ALL a GOOD NIGHT!

Guest Juniper Blue

Guest Juniper Blue

Well, it looks like we survived another Christmas. Nice. :)

I used to absolutely hate this time of year ... so much so that I planned two trips out of the country just to avoid dealing with the holidays. Most people don't care that it is Christmas in India, for instance ... we saw one Christmas tree in the town we were in ... it was at a Chinese restaurant.

Amazingly, after spending time out of the country during the holidays for two consecutive years, I was able to return and appreciate the holiday as a cultural thing he in the U.S. I realize now that it is just another day ... it has no power ... it is not charged with anything extraordinary. It can be a great day .. an amazing day ... it can be an ordinary day. It doesn't have to be a drag.

This year, it was a good day. I am still recovering from surgery ( Dec. 19th) so, I just stayed home with my sweetie and our dog. We didn't exchange gifts but we enjoyed a peaceful day at home ... made tamales ... we shared a nice, yet simple meal. A friend joined us in the afternoon for pie and we made soy candles together and relaxed ... we walked our dog ... looked at Christmas lights around the neighborhood, watched kids riding around on their shiny new bikes, played Christmas music and we just kind of got caught up on stuff.

It was an ordinary but beautiful day.

Hugs to you all .... and to all night,

JB

Guest Lacey Lynne

Yo, Blue!

Congrats, dude, because you'e cracked the code. THAT'S how you have a beautiful holiday specifically and a beautiful day generally. It's "the little things" and our outlook upon them. The utterly simple day you describe is entirely appealing and wonderful. Mine was similarly simple ... nondescript even ... yet altogether awesome.

You status post modified radical mastectomy or thereabouts? Man, you'll be good and gold and up and at 'em quickly. Follow your doctor's postsurgical orders, peace out and enjoy your life!

Merry Christmas :thumbsup: Lacey Lynne

Guest John Chiv

JB,

Wonderful post. Glad you had a beautiful day. Last night I just signed on and approved posts and since I did not get to say "to all a good night", I will say "to all a good day today".

John

• Forum Moderator

Sounds like a perfect day to me.

I'm glad that it turned out that way N

No, Christmas doesn't have to be a day laden with emotional baggage. For me that part is just our cultural making a milestone to mark the passage through the year. but I do I love the idea of a time when we do try a little harder to think about those around us and the potential in all of us. That was why I always loved Christmas. Because of the possibilities it showed us.

People behaving badly, including family for sure, just never completely took the luster off the ideal for me. I can be hard and cynical and practical but at my heart lies a dreamer I guess.

It makes me smile to picture your day making tamales and candles, walking the neighborhood and watching the children. May your life be filled with the beauty of ordinary days

Johnny