• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

3 new laws to take effect in California tomorrow

Guest Guest 1

Guest John Chiv

* AB 746: The law adds social media harassment to previous laws defining bullying.

* SB 48: Sexual orientation will be added to a list of characteristics that school instructional material cannot discriminate against.

* AB 887: Gender identity and expression are protected under the Fair Employment and Housing Act

Happy New Year indeed.

John

• Admin

Good work has been done this year by a whole lot of people, in a whole lot of places. But much still needs to be accomplished. I have confidence we will get there, and someday even ENDA may come to pass. We need to keep our focus, and not let politics, external or internal, derail our efforts.

Rights are earned, not awarded. Thanks for this thread, John.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest John Chiv

Thanks Carolyn, I remember your post when these first passed but seeing it today on the front page of the newspaper stating they go in effect tomorrow, was a nice New year's gift.

Hugs,

John

Guest Juniper Blue

Thanks for posting this John ... good for CA ... I hope the other states that remain in need of these human rights protections, move forward as well. And may we have Marriage Equality in 2012!

Things are looking up ... :thumbsup:

Guest eliza.d

i look forward to the day that discrimination and predjudice are outlawed nationwide. all all people may live as they see fit, in the pursuit of happiness. its in the constitution, i dont see why our governments, federal, state, county, and municipal dont uphold our constitutional right to the pursuit of happiness.

and it harm none, let it be done.

im definately an idealist. i know it. but we can together, forge our world from the ashes. so to speak.

our numbers as tgs are significant, maybe we should band together and take it to the white house.

we need to get the attention of the masses, maybe then they will come to swell our ranks in support even if they are different and not tgs, in support of the rights of all people to freedom and the pursuit of happiness.

after all, we are all americans. well not our international memebers here, but they can do likewise in their countries and then we may be able to change not only our country, but the world.

obama, recently pledged support for foreign countries that promote protection for lgbt people. i saw this in here somewhere.

why can we stop the discrimination and violence here in the us against our family? or better yet, why our politicians not doing just that. afterall, they are elected officials that are supposed to represent the people that elected them arent they?

we have to work together on all levels in an effort to bring our country and fellow americans out of the dark ages of judgement, discrimination, condemnation, and persecution.

is that not what the first pilgrims left england to escape? persecution? i know it was technically religious persecution, but persecution is persecution. at least their not still burning us at the stake. surely we would be marked as heretics and even witches back then because we did not conform to the norm.

what is normal? normal is relative, and reality is subjective.

we are all humans, and deserve respect, protection, and equality.

we shall not be persecuted based on race, religion, sex, sexual preference, nationality, or GENDER.

sex is male or female, genetically/biologically. gender is what sex you believe youself to be. it is who you are, not what you are.

ok, the professor is done. there will be an essay test tomorrow. jk, lol!

love you guys and dolls,

Eliza D

• Forum Moderator

Ah I can't wait till that happens here. Like in 20 or 30 years.

Maybe.

I do envy those in California.

Johnny

Guest eliza.d

megan, i love washington state! especially the northwest coast. dont think ive got a hope of my wife moving thefe with me though, she cant stand cold and rain.

san francisco here we come!

i love the west coast.

Eliza

Guest Yossarian

Just when I was starting to think I hated my state, and really wanted to move, it does something to redeem itself. California is like a cute puppy, it chews up your favorite pillow, but still brings you the morning paper.