• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I Miss My Wardrobe

Guest mtf_Emily

Guest mtf_Emily

back in high school I had a really expensive wardrobe of Dulci, von dutch, lots of expensive name brand clothes, but i destroyed it after something bad happened, i still think it was better to take it out on the clothes than myself, but Gosh darned I miss my hot clothes. any similar experiences?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Gallium 67

Can't say I do. About half of my wardrobe was at one time full of girly clothes, like dresses and those half-sleeve t-shirts and tight skinny jeans my mom would buy me but I would never wear (she'd go shopping by herself and buy these things then bring them home and expect me to wear them. HAHA. Yea. Right.). I finally tossed the remainder of all that crap out not too long ago. It's taken me a few years to actually get rid of it all though, since my sister normally wanted to borrow a lot of the stuff and it would disappear into her closet for a few months then mysteriously show up again in mine. Now that we don't live together I finally had a chance to dump it all. Hooray.

Yeah, I have had similiar experiances, I had 6 big footlockers full of Denim outfits, swimwear, dresses, Shoes and boots, Lingerie, and Wigs. Clothes that I searched high and low to find. saved up my hard earned money to buy. and would you believe this, my parents, MY PARENTS, find out after thy break into my footlockers and then they either Burn it, and or they paid to have it hauled off to a landfill. My Clothes, clothes that were not theres to do with what they thought was right or felt like doing.becaue they seen fit to trash my wardrobe. that wardobe took me over 5 years to build, and now I have to start over again. I will swear untill the day I die, I will not forgive my parents for trashing my clothes. I am a woman for god sakes, I hate wearing mens clothing.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Meredith

I had more woman clothes than man clothes at one time. I had it all, wigs, shoes, dresses, skirts, jeans, lingerie, jewelry, wow... I just realized how much I real did have. And I got scaried and trashed it all, I couldn't take the next step.

• 5 months later...
Guest darlene lynn

I feel your pain..

Ive given so many of my clothes of the past to goodwill so at least some onelse got to wear them...

But Im tring to make up for that now..Cant stop building my I want to own list of clothes...One day soon Ill own that strapless black dress Ive been dreaming of..

LOL

Darlene Lynnette

Guest rachael1

I'm still in the early stages of building up my wardrobe but I could never imagine throwing it all away. I have a couple of bad purchases through ebay that I might get rid of once i have some suitable replacements. I to am looking for that gorgeous little black dress. :P

Hugs

Rachael

Guest JenniferPH

I'd much rather purge my guy clothes. I was going to give some of my fem clothes to goodwill, boxed em all up, drove there, but couldn't unload the boxes. :D Maybe it's because it's so hard to carry boxes when you're wearing stilettos. :rolleyes:

Guest rachael1
I'd much rather purge my guy clothes. I was going to give some of my fem clothes to goodwill, boxed em all up, drove there, but couldn't unload the boxes. :D Maybe it's because it's so hard to carry boxes when you're wearing stilettos. :rolleyes:

You have to be careful carrying boxes you might break a nail. B)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anna_SF

I too took a load of clothes to Goodwill about 4 months ago before coming out to myself and a few friends. Some of it was kinda trashy - short plaid skirts, revealing tops but I miss the classy stuff - floral skirt, VS ribbed sweater, cardigans. I'm building some of my wardrobe back up but with a lot more realistic sense of the real world and what goes well with what. I started buying a few things at the used-clothing store and I have to say the women's clothes are just so much more colorful and fun. as a 'guy' i dress the same as I did when i was ten.

I also noticed I have much better posture when I'm dressed well in a skirt, blouse and heels. I feel like me.

anna

• 2 months later...
Guest MissAmy

Even though my wardrobe is small and almost new, I have thought about purging. I hate that feeling you get after you take all your girl clothes off and you just feel so dirty and sick for doing it. The thing is that my clothes are locked up so it takes some time to get them out and I wouldn't put them in the trash unless I knew they couldn't be accidentally seen by anyone, so if I really felt bad about it, those two would keep me from doing it.

Guest Donna Jean
Even though my wardrobe is small and almost new, I have thought about purging. I hate that feeling you get after you take all your girl clothes off and you just feel so dirty and sick for doing it. The thing is that my clothes are locked up so it takes some time to get them out and I wouldn't put them in the trash unless I knew they couldn't be accidentally seen by anyone, so if I really felt bad about it, those two would keep me from doing it.

Honey...

Purging....

That is something we all have done at one time or another...

You feel guilty and throw everything out....

Only to get more and regret throwing your nice things out...

It's good your things are not that easily accessible...it keeps you from throwing them away..and you would just buy all over again....

Don't feel bad about your feelings ...

Love

Donna Jean

Guest MissAmy
Honey...

Purging....

It's good your things are not that easily accessible...it keeps you from throwing them away..and you would just buy all over again....

Love

Donna Jean

The more you buy the easier it is. I felt much better about it after today too. Now I'll probably only throw away the stuff that has gotten old and torn. Hopefully.

Guest ~Brenda~

Hey Emily,

Purging is very normal (gosh, I used to do it so many times). Some of the lovely clothes I tossed is just sad. All I can say is just rebuild your wardrobe and love your new clothes :) I sure do :)

HUGS

Brenda

Guest Margaret

Having a purge at the moment and getting rid of a few items, mostly skirts that are to big for me, after loosing some weight. They are all going to charity shops. Wonder how I'll feel if I see someone wearing any of it.

Margaret

• 2 weeks later...

First chance I get, I'm going to take a lighter to all those womens underpants, and the bras too. ^_^

I also had break fun 'acciedently' tearing a large rip in one of my girls tops.

My fave clothes are my brothers hand-me-downs. I have a girly leather jacket I wore once and never picked up since. It was like a straight jacket, only worse because I was apparently supposed to be wearing it.

back in high school I had a really expensive wardrobe of Dulci, von dutch, lots of expensive name brand clothes, but i destroyed it after something bad happened, i still think it was better to take it out on the clothes than myself, but Gosh darned I miss my hot clothes. any similar experiences?

Hi Emily,

Eh........nope, but ya know what hun ??????if you ever ...and I mean EVER get in the mood to repeat that , please dont,

send them over to viv, I promise :rolleyes: I will burn em for ya, (fingers crossed, check, toes crossed, check) Luv, Viv.

Honey...

Purging....

Love

Donna Jean

Hi Donna,

"Purging", I have never experienced that myself. Just reading your reply to Emily. Dont know why or

if I should have but I never felt the need to get rid of my female cloths ......really is a new one on me. Viv.

Emily, so sorry hun to an earlier reply, I have never come across the term "to purge" before. Had I , I would never have

responded in the way I did. Please accept my sincerest apology . Viv.

Guest Donna Jean
Hi Donna,

"Purging", I have never experienced that myself. Just reading your reply to Emily. Dont know why or

if I should have but I never felt the need to get rid of my female cloths ......really is a new one on me. Viv.

Viv, Honey......

Most of us MTF have a background in our lifetime of having cross dressed over the years...

Many times we felt a guilt over it and "purged" all of our things ...or, in other words, threw them out...

Or maybe we decided that we would make a serious go of a relationship and get rid of the temptations, such as our clothes....

It never worked and we aquired new things to start all over again in a vicious cycle....

It is a very common thing for cross dressers and MTF to do....

Some of us realize that we are MTF and then it's no longer "cross dressing" ....it becomes gender appropiate......

And to never have to purge again...what we get, we finally keep!

That's it in a nutshell.....

HUGGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest Elizabeth K
Viv, Honey......

Most of us MTF have a background in our lifetime of having cross dressed over the years...

Many times we felt a guilt over it and "purged" all of our things ...or, in other words, threw them out...

Or maybe we decided that we would make a serious go of a relationship and get rid of the temptations, such as our clothes....

It never worked and we aquired new things to start all over again in a vicious cycle....

It is a very common thing for cross dressers and MTF to do....

Some of us realize that we are MTF and then it's no longer "cross dressing" ....it becomes gender appropiate......

And to never have to purge again...what we get, we finally keep!

That's it in a nutshell.....

HUGGGS!

Donna Jean

AMEN!!!

I really was soooo glad when I was diagnosed and could say - NOT crossdressing anymor. My wife and I semi-purged my clothes and accessories together - keeping the good items. As a CD shopper I would buy inexpensive clothing because I knew I would not get much wear out of them. Living full time changes that attitude.

I can remember some sexy hot heels I had - DADGUMIT - wish I had then now!

BUT now I can finally be me!

And my wife helping me purge one last time? Surreal!

Lizzy

• 1 year later...
Guest MeredithL

The last time my girlfriend(now ex)caught me lying about my weight she went through my drawers and found my girly underwear collection. She apparently threw it all away! I had at least $50 worth of underwear there. I'm still peed at her for that. I really wish she would apologize for that. I miss some of those things. A couple of them were really sexy!

Meredith