• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

disapeared but back, also a question

Guest BlakeWolf

Guest BlakeWolf

ive been gone for a logn time alot of stuff was going on but now i think im gonna try and be back for awhile. ive been workin hard in a factory i finaly got a apartment with my roomate im still dating the love of my life its been 8 months now and i couldnt be happier she supports me 100% yeah im pretty content with life at this second..well besides one thing...

now heres the question part

im really starting to get dyspohirc about "the hell week" its getting to the point where i dont even wanna be around anyone that i just wanna lock myself in my room. but i have to go to work everyday except weekends for 8 hours and we only get a 20 minute break and a 10 minute break so its hard to keep cleaned up and such. i absolutely hate it, it makes me wanna cry and just die inside. i want it to stop and go away but im not sure how i can do that right now.. so if anyone has any information or can please please help me on this its something that i need help with and i cant talk to my family about this and my friends and dont know where else to go

Hey Blake,

I'm not sure what "Hell Week" is, but I hope you make it alright! It certainly sounds unpleasant... Whenever I have a particularly rough schedule I have similar feelings, but I've found a few things that help. 1. Meditation - hands down the best tool for dealing. I've quelled many would-be outbursts by focusing on my breath. Generic? Sure! But it works. 2. You mentioned not being able to talk to many people. Take advantange of having your partner. I get frustrated because my ciswoman girlfriend doesn't understand where I'm coming a lot of the time, but when I give her the benefit of the doubt, she is very supportive. Also, you have a great support source here at Laura's. I go away for a few months here and there too, but I'm always very happy when I come back. It provides some sense of community. 3. It may sound silly, but when you feel like life is all wrong, ask yourself, "What do I want?/What kind of person do I want to be?" It's a reality assessing question that usually gives some forward direction- though it's not always easy to follow through...

I can't know what you're going through, but I offer these few tips as some consolation. Keep your chin up, Blake!

-Mari

• Admin

Blake, I'm really happy about your situation, and wish you and your S/O best of luck and continued happiness. Very cool news on the job front, too.

I wish I had some advice for you about "Hell Week," but you know why I'm short on answers. Hopefully some of our great guys will be along with something useful.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie