• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

head hair?

Guest loba2000

Guest Robin Winter

Some people have had SOME success with regrowing hair in bald spots, if that's what you're talking about. I wouldn't count on HRT solving all your hair problems though, unfortunately. It should, however, prevent further hair loss if you reach and remain at female hormone levels.

Eyelashes? I have no idea if there is any effect on those. I've not heard anything about it.

As for the face, you can expect it to soften up as your body puts fat there, which will look more feminine. There is no changing other than that. Well, according to the Endocrine Society journals, eyebrows will change somewhat as well, thin out to be more female, I've not heard any personal experience of that from anyone though.

Talk to your doctor, they should be able to provide you with all the information on what you should and should not expect.

Guest eliza.d

i have mpb, but i got a fantastic wig the other day, dont have to spend hours washing, drying, dyeing, and styling.....but i do want my own real hair.

oneday, maybe I can afford hair transplants.

i have always had long lashes, but i think hrt can help some of those things, and ive noticed the shape of myes changing already, so has my wife.

i love hrt!

Eliza

Guest Gwendolyn Elizabeth

my personal experience has been that my hairline has actually advanced since starting hrt. Another thing i noticed is that my lower lashes are getting longer and fuller. And my facial hair started becoming patchier (it was never great to being with).

your mileage my vary, not valid in all states, some restrictions apply, and prices slightly higher in AK and HI

• Admin

Over a long period, the head hair will change texture to some degree. At 30 months HRT, my hair is not as coarse or dry as it was as a male. For me it was a drawback since the female hair in my family is all baby fine and straight as a board. I do have an area on the top of my head that had gotten thin and had velous hair in it, all very short and my natural too blond, and it is now growing the same fine texture hair that is on the rest of my head, but it looks to the beautician that its only about 5 months along if that can be a time indicator for me.

My beard always looked mangy, and it is softening in texture some, but hey, mine is going totally grey white by now. No laser for me, and I am lazy on the electro.,

Good question. I think that over time HRT has helped with some of the "thin" spots on my head but it might also just be due to having much longer hair now. I also started Finasteride a couple months ago to help with MPB but I have not been on it long enough to notice a change.

Mia