• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Scheduled!

~Nova~

First week in September. No exact date yet, I get that on Febuary 8th with my consult.

I'm going to the U of M to have it done. It's an hour plus drive so I'll be able to recover in my own bed.

OMG!!!!

Congrats Autumn, September will be here before you know it.

I never heard of U of M doing reassignment surgery, but then again i never heard of Dr. Leis in Philadelphia either, have you talked with anyone who has had srs there, were they satisfied, is there a recovery house, you will probably have a couple checkups the week after surgery, an hour plus ride going back and forth is not going to be comfortable.

Paula

Congrats Autumn, September will be here before you know it.

I never heard of U of M doing reassignment surgery, but then again i never heard of Dr. Leis in Philadelphia either, have you talked with anyone who has had srs there, were they satisfied, is there a recovery house, you will probably have a couple checkups the week after surgery, an hour plus ride going back and forth is not going to be comfortable.

Paula

I'll know the answers to all those questions on the 8th

Thanks

That is wonderful Autumn! So what calendar are you using to count down the days? ;)

Love,

Jenny

Guest Lacey Lynne

Dr. Leis does excellent work. I personally know of 2 T-girls (and this is within the past 2 years) who had their SRS/GCS with him right there. Results? Superb. Clients? Thrilled. Another T-girl I know from another forum went as a godmother and saw the new girl through the surgery and nursed her back to health in Chicago.

You'll be in good hands, babes.

Peace :thumbsup: Lacey

Postscript:

ROCK ON !!!

FYI, U of M. Is university of Miami, not Michigan.

The doctor has not been fpdoing it for a hundred years, 1.5 years actually. I'll know if I feel comfortable with him on the 8th.

Guest Elizabeth K

Dee Jay and I talked about this - we are watching how it works out for you with great interest, Florida is the closest place for us, and we are currently considering Thailand because - well - it's inexpensive, and other places in North America are so far away from New Orleans, anyway.

I am so excited for you!

I guess RLE worked out, right?

Lizzie

Maybe I am blind, did you state what Surgery? I saw Paula mentioned SRS, but I didn't want to make assumptions.

Good luck with it. Assuming SRS, my concern with Miami would be Dr Reed.

Guest BeckyTG

Congrats, Autumn!!! Now you know when RLE ends for sure. lol

I'm very happy for you and hope it all goes smoothly. Paula is right when she says it will be here before you know it. Drea knows everything about every surgeon and should be a valuable consult for you.

Wow.

Hugs,

Becky

Maybe I am blind, did you state what Surgery? I saw Paula mentioned SRS, but I didn't want to make assumptions.

I consulted Dr Reed but didn't get the best feeling from him.. His emails were scattered and confusing. Maybe English isn't his first language. Dunno. He has plenty of happy girls and although he has a bad rep, I couldnt find a single girl that complained.

Anyway, it's not dr reed. It's with the u of Miami. I don't remember the docs name.

Guest KimberlyF

I consulted Dr Reed but didn't get the best feeling from him.. His emails were scattered and confusing. Maybe English isn't his first language. Dunno. He has plenty of happy girls and although he has a bad rep, I couldnt find a single girl that complained.

Anyway, it's not dr reed. It's with the u of Miami. I don't remember the docs name.

So then this is SRS with a new doctor out of the U of Miami? If it is, could you post the name when you find it? I know a few people in that area who could be interested. And I could think of worse areas to recover in.

So then this is SRS with a new doctor out of the U of Miami? If it is, could you post the name when you find it? I know a few people in that area who could be interested. And I could think of worse areas to recover in.

His name is Christopher Salgado. If you google he name and u of m you'll find it.