• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Having a wig and dating

Guest Krisina

Guest Krisina

First of all, I would like to say that there are many women out there for whatever reason medical or for fashion reasons who wear wigs.

Having said that I was wondering for the women here living FT who have to wear a wig because of m pattern baldness, have you been successful in the dating scene with and keeping your partner.

I'm just wondering how it is, not to mention it is harder I bet if someone hasn't had SRS either.

Krisina

• Admin

I have only recently gotten to the point that I do not absolutely need to wear a wig, so I can say that with a good wig on, you can have enjoyable times with people on either side of the gender line. I have had compliments on my hair, and sometimes have NOT let people know it was store bought and not original issue. The reaction I have gotten when I did 'fess up, was simply that I had good sense about my self image. (Look up Empress Bianca Of Las Vegas for a far out wig source that is NOT my style). I have not tried to start an honest to gosh dating relationship with a male yet, so I am not an expert there. I did have one friend that I went to dinner with a time or two, and did ask if they would like to see me as blond or redhead, and let them choose for me, it was fun and felt good. My ex wife wore wigs also and we got our warm up relations going well before she removed it for the bed scene, and a couple of times went even further depending on how well it had been anchored with bobby pins. It will depend entirely on your prospective love target to be the final judge. A nice wig can be bait, but the fish has to take it and flop in the boat for you.

• Admin

Krisina, I am not in the dating scene either, but if I were I doubt it would be an issue. I suppose your partner would find out soon enough, if you ever spent the night with him. I doubt any wig that isn't a weave would stay on overnight without looking like a mop head in the morning. :P

If you get that involved with someone, and they know that you're trans, and they accept you fully, then a few strands of monofilament shouldn't stand in the way of happiness. They are dating you, the person, not your hair.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest Krisina

Krisina, I am not in the dating scene either, but if I were I doubt it would be an issue. I suppose your partner would find out soon enough, if you ever spent the night with him. I doubt any wig that isn't a weave would stay on overnight without looking like a mop head in the morning. :P

If you get that involved with someone, and they know that you're trans, and they accept you fully, then a few strands of monofilament shouldn't stand in the way of happiness. They are dating you, the person, not your hair.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

I would like to thin that yes, they accept me the way I am being transgendered and yes I would hope that they would look at it as dating the person and not the hair too. I keep thinking how it would be harder to find someone accepting. If sleeping with the person yes the wig would come off and I would be naked to what my head looks like without the wig.

So, there really aren't many people on here that have been ft off work and dated who needed a wig I take it. Hmmm. :(

Krisina