• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

HRT and face :)

Alex59

Guest Elizabeth K

Alex

I prefer to leave this open to people your age as you are apparently a younger member. We older members try to avoid giving personal advice to teenage members, but the question is very good.

Lizzie

Guest MissSiul

The sooner you start the better effects you get,since as a teen your body is not fully developed,so

you don't have a fully male body yet,your whole body will develop better,but still everybody reacts to

hormones in a different way.

As long as you get a doctor to take care of hormones level and everything,it is way better to start

hrt young.I'm 16 too,and I can't wait to start it.

Hugs

Guest Krisina

Your nose, jaw, forehead won't really change. The bones that is. The softening of the face will. Some people still need FFS facial feminization surgery.

Krisina

Guest AlyTheGreatAngel

Well i'm almost 17, but I started Hrt+Hormone blockers

when I turned 14. My bones didn't change, but the softness and shape changed. I'm extremely passable, that being said it all depends on your genetics. This is especially true when it comes to your body, even genetic girls can have a "man" body. Also structure depends on your genes I have a small structure for being 5'9, but it all depends on your genes. So the buttom line your genes will determine how you look in your jeans. As for the face if you start blockers then it will stay how you see it in the mirror now and estrogen will give it a softness. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Aly told it true, Alex. I wouldn't change or add a single word. She nailed it.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie