• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Something I found rather amusing

Guest Falcon

I recently moved to a new high school early in 2011 and have been studying there for almost a year. Just a few days earlier, I decided to visit my old school once in a long while and met one of the juniors who used to study martial arts with me in P.E. classes.

As it turned out, I found that throughout the three years that I was in classes with him, he always thought I was male, and was shocked when my friend told him that I wasn't. He wasn't the only one either. All the students in that class other than my own classmates, thought the same. My old school had uniforms, but since we were in martial arts classes, I always had a martial arts uniform on, and so, he always thought I was male.

Three whole years before he found out. Never questioned, never even occurred to him. I find it rather amusing.

The fact that I pass very often isn't beyond my knowledge, but it seems I'm passing better than I thought.

Anyone else have similar experiences? lol