• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

How do you wear your Androgyny? ::Poll::

Guest Annabelle Anders

How do you wear your Androgyny?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. I (most closely) Identify as:

• Male born, Female
    • Female born, Male
    • Both Male and Female, but born as _X_
    • Neither Male nor Female, Just human
    • Born _X_ gender and appreciates and desires the qualities of the other
    • Holds qualities of both, yet I don't divide them based on gender
    • An Alien
  2. 2. Ideally, how would you wear your Androdgyny?

• 100% Opposite Gender
    • Masculine Upper half, Feminine Lower half
    • Feminine Upper half, Masculine Lower half
    • Masculine head, Feminine body
    • Feminine Head, Masculine body
    • Divided in half straight down the middle, Masculine left and Feminine right (or vice versa)
    • Complete Ambiguity
  3. 3. Not everyone has the ability to express themselves freely in public. So if you can/do please answer honestly, if you can't please answer hypothetically as if you were. When going out on the town, what is your main objective?

• Not to be seen.
    • Not to be recognized personally (Bill..? Is that you?)
    • Not to be recognized as NOT the gender presenting
    • To feel as close to said gender as possible
    • To be indentified as presenting gender (getting ma'amed or sir'd)
    • TO FREAK PEOPLE OUT!
    • To do the things I need to get done, without issue

Guest Luna Selene

So here's take two (my best recreation) of a poll that never posted.

_L

PS I made all the voting private so people could answer however they feel, but please please PLEASE feel free to share your interpretations if you wish!

A) Neither, just human.

B) Complete Ambiguity.

C) To feel as close to said gender as possible.

If I'm understanding C right, that is. I just want to feel human, not defined by gender, sex or any such thing. Hypothetical, as it is I prefer not to be seen at all. complete ambiguity would be my ideal appearance, even body type.

Great poll! ^_^

Guest Chrysee

I strive to present as an androgyne. I usually go out in eye make up, earrings, and wearing a man's shirt and tie (pulled loose at the neck with collar unbuttoned) & sometimes with a necklace, and either a long skirt or women's slacks. Currently, I am trying to learn how to do my hair.

Only once have I ever had someone laugh at me as we passed in the street. I thought: 'Maybe they needed a laugh more than they even knew, and I just gave it to them for free.'

Of course the public bathroom thing still feels awkward.

Please, please do not take this as a slur of any sort, but men always complain about women taking so long to get ready to go out someplace. As a teenager, my girlfriend was pressured into modeling for a time and absolutely loathes dressing up, and will not wear make up or do anything more than just comb her hair. So I start in 'getting ready to go' and listen to the groans from her.

Reversal of fortune?

Quite a thought provoking poll. . .thanks for posting it.

Guest Luna Selene
'Maybe they needed a laugh more than they even knew, and I just gave it to them for free.'

You know, this is really great. I used to do something along this lines, but didn't think about it until just now. I used to work for Liberty Tax, a Company that uses people on the street to advertise tax time. I was one of those people, dressed as lady liberty, dancing my heart out. I knew it wasn't a glamorous job, and when people asked me, "Wait...So you wear a dress?" I would just laugh and say that they didn't have any Uncle Sam costumes. I'm not exactly sure why people on the street would treat me with such disrespect (I've litterally had food thrown at me, people flipped me off, yelled terrible things at me as well (I was so lost in my job that I would just smile and wave)) but I always came at them with a smile, and catagorized my job as: Making people feel better in their day to day by knowing they they didn't have to do what I had to. (Or giving them a much needed laugh)

Now that I think about it, the negative actions I gotten could have been because of the "dress". Was that my first transbash? Who knows, all I do, is that it takes a strong person to become the object of ridicule and never lose face. You are a brave and wonderful person Chrysee.

_L

Guest rikkicd64

Great post Chrysee,I'm 65 and I go out dressed like you described about 95 percent of the time. I know I probably look like some kind of freak but I like myself and I feel pretty to myself, I feel I'm to old to undergo a sex change operation,so the next best thing is to be as happy and femmenine as I can. And I can also laugh at myself ,which helps.

When out sometimes I get snikered at and see some smearky faces made but maybe I've made someones day.

Guest Jo-I-Dunno

I used to joke with my brother that he's both more masculine and more feminine than me... more of a human in-general. Most of my defining characteristics aren't stereotypical of males or females, so I put alien!

I put feminine head, masculine body, but that's not very descriptive. I want a soft, hairless face and probably pierced ears one day, but I like my hair short and I want my face to make me look... strong? Tough? Powerful, but not in a sexual way (the only way pop culture displays women as powerful).

And I put masculine body because I want to be strong and thick, but again, that's not nearly descriptive enough. I want soft skin with a thin layer of fat all over and, well, a little bit of a booty. Oh, and don't forget boobs, small but noteworthy ones. Quality over quantity.

So, okay, I guess I want to have a particularly fit female body.

Androgyny isn't something I want show off, per se, and I don't care whether people think I'm male or female. It's all for me and liking who I see in the mirror. So I'd rather just get things done without issue.

Actually, if I had to pick how other people see me, it'd be to confuse them. But not out of having a mixture of traits, but rather, having a lack of traits. More like depictions of soft angels or beautiful young people than an adult with an interesting combination of hair, clothes, and makeup.

1. Holds qualities of both, yet I don't divide them based on gender

Well said! Fits what I feel quite well.

2. Complete Ambiguity

In a perfect world, I'd have two complete sets of genitals--or as close to complete as possible. But no uterus, and the urethra through the penis. Very small breasts that wouldn't need binding underneath men's shirts, and the overall appearance of a feminine guy. And I'll pass on the facial hair.

3. To do the things I need to get done, without issue

I'd like to be able to go about my life without fretting over the pronouns and such that strangers automatically attach to me.

Guest Chrysee

Great post Chrysee,I'm 65 and I go out dressed like you described about 95 percent of the time. I know I probably look like some kind of freak but I like myself and I feel pretty to myself, I feel I'm to old to undergo a sex change operation,so the next best thing is to be as happy and femmenine as I can. And I can also laugh at myself ,which helps.

When out sometimes I get snikered at and see some smearky faces made but maybe I've made someones day.

Thanks.

65 and too old?

Okay, I'm not interested in S.R.S., but I'll be 60 on the 22nd of next month and hope to begin H.R.T. in a few months. I'm not trying to suggest what others should do but simply sharing my story. I intend to celebrate my last (and hopefully lengthy season) in this world in the body I wished I'd left puberty with.

Thanks again.

With love,

Cissy

Guest rikkicd64

Thanks.

65 and too old?

Okay, I'm not interested in S.R.S., but I'll be 60 on the 22nd of next month and hope to begin H.R.T. in a few months. I'm not trying to suggest what others should do but simply sharing my story. I intend to celebrate my last (and hopefully lengthy season) in this world in the body I wished I'd left puberty with.

Thanks again.

With love,

Cissy

Well happy birthday,"early", I wish you the best with your H.T.R.,be sure to keep me,and us updated,I might change my mind by then. I love your story.

Rikki...xoxo

Guest Chrysee

Thanks.

65 and too old?

Thanks again.

With love,

Cissy

Well happy birthday,"early", I wish you the best with your H.T.R.,be sure to keep me,and us updated,I might change my mind by then. I love your story.

Rikki...xoxo

Keep you posted I shall! Infact, I will be unshutupable.

Actually, I'm surprised that no one replied to your post with the words: "Don't encourage her!"

And thanks for the premature birthday wish. For me, life begins at whatever age I am.

With love,

Chrysee

The Belle of Felony Flats

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Petrichor

I (most closely) Identify as: Neither Male nor Female, Just human.

I think I am not a fan of extremes of gender, I cannot imagion myself acting very male or very female, it would feel very wrong and not me. Visually I look quite male and so that is how I present myself, I let other peoples expectations do the rest.

Ideally, how would you wear your Androgyny? Complete Ambiguity.

If I had an actual choice about my body, I would go for female. This would mostly just be for a change though. If I did turn female physically I would still want to present as androgynous (would bind if my upper body was obvious etc.). At the moment I am very careful to look my born gender (male) as I am a coward.

When going out on the town, what is your main objective? To do the things I need to get done, without issue.

If I where trying to present as visually female or even androgynous I would have chosen Not to be seen here. So if the question meant if I were presenting as I want, then that would have been my answer. The very idea of people judging me like that terrifies me.