• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Adams apple!

Guest Anyazell

Guest LaurenZell

Hi every one!

Its been such a long time since I've posted but I've been looking at the forums and hope to be more active like I was before!

Any ways one of the things i worry about is my Adams apple.. I'm pre-transition so I'm still trying thing out before I come out.

Like I know ways of how to tuck with the right undies or tight tights lol. I've seen people do the duck tape method and after about 20-30minutes I had to take it off it felt awkward like it was tugging my skin and it hurt the tip to take it off :(..

But anyways back to the topic! You can hide your penis and testicles and you can create boobs and cleavage but you cant hide the Adams apple! How do you guys hide it? And for those who have had it removed how much was it cost wise? what was the experience like? Healing?

Thanks (:

• Admin

Best way before surgery, is simply choosing your clothing and hairstyle to draw attention from the neck area. Turtleneck sweaters are not the best option, but light scarves and necklaces that draw the eye down will work fine. Cute earrings can help as well. A Hairdo that will frame your face and be shoulder length or below does a nice job too. The Do in your avatar would be OK but not the best. More curl at the ends to lift eyes up to the chin.

Tracheal shaves go $5K+/- by themselves, but are a little less if part of an FFS package. Check out the web sites of the individual doctors, a bunch of whom are on the web site here. Healing will depend on what else you have done, and on your general health.

• 4 months later...
Guest thegirlinblue

I always try to wear clothes that help conceal my adams apple, that could be quite easy in Canada, especially in winter being so cold an all. I find that if your going to show it off it's when your drinking from bottle (eg. coke) I always use a straw when possible that way you can keep your chin down, and not have to lift it and show off that annoying thing.

Other than that try not to think about it, most people dont notice and even when they do most people are way to polite to say anything or do anything. I just spent three months in Canada, on the west coast mostly and never had one issue with anyone.

Good luck.