• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Anyone Have Any Girly Hobbies?

Guest Rayne

Guest Christy.dancer

I like to cook -- particularly baking. I kinda like decorating a bit, but I really suck at it. I could see myself as a fashion designer one day.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sally

• Paula ult

• Cyndee

Guest Elizabeth K

Like most here - sewing (better than my wife by far!) cooking/baking (scratch cookies and cakes) and shop shop shopping. :D

But I also do family history - and I am that lone guy-looking fellow at the library with all the old biddies - searching for more info on my Minerva McCORKLE (really an ancestor). I can join the DAR fourteen times - I am so special (if you don't believe that, just ask me!) And I am related Jimmy Carter, Al Gore and Dunkin Hines (true) - I also found out my family was listed mulatto in the 1820 and 1830 censuses (Melugeon).

I WAS gonna tell you I like to crochet and tell jokes, but that would show that I am a nitwit. :lol::lol::lol:

oh oh oh* plants and flowers! Johnny Jump-ups (violas) and 24 varieies of panseys in the winter - antique roses, my oldest is a 1700s New Orleans variety called old blush.

That's me - oh etc... I collect antique kerosene lamps... and military DIs (distinctive insignias), and lapel pins. And I am a pen-and-ink illustrator... steamboats and locomotives.

And the most girly thing of all? I love to charge on my credit cards! :P

Lizzy

*pat.pend. Donna Jean

And I am a pen-and-ink illustrator... steamboats and locomotives.

Lizzy,

You need to scan a couple and let us all see! :D

I make attempts at sketching, drawing and painting - I have to stick to photography! :lol:

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Felicia Anne
I tried to collect dolls :o

omg!!! i have always wanted to play with barbies when i was growing up! oooh... i have always wanted to have a barbie doll that looks like me. long brown hair, bright blue eyes... sigh...

Guest Guardian
I like to cook, and I like to shop.

I also like videogames with involved storylines (RPGs), which is less typical of guys (I hate shooters and stuff that always have next to no story). If pretend play is considered a feminine pursuit, then a RPG is just the visual version of such.

I really love those too... Though, I think I just enjoy stories in any form. RPGs, reading books, and writing every thought I have are a few of my hobbies. I'll sometimes even turn an average day into a sort of an adventure... high-school is perfect for that because of the ever-inspiring element of boredom, and an environment full of such diversity that often goes too un-noticed...

Anyways, I don't really have many girly hobbies. I've crochet'd, and as enjoyable as that is, I like to spend time being with other people. That lil bit makes everything 500 times more enjoyable than anything I could ever do alone. For the most part, I'll be found playing with my sister, doing whatever her and I will come up with. She and I... we're really good together. We think and say the same things all the time, and know how to make each other laugh. Love her to pieces :D

Guest Naomi Stardust

i like RPGs

(especially when i can play a female character)

although i haven't played anything new in years

i like watching ballet

like to cook

i thought about getting into nursing at one point

i want to learn more about flower arranging

i used to be more into fashion than i am now

i spent most of junior high and high school drawing faeries

i like scrapbook type collages

when i was doing karate there women outnumbered men by a third, does that count as girly?

i spend forever in the bathroom getting ready

i like butterflies and ladybugs and dragonflies

i have been known to jump on a chair when surprised by a big spider

poetry is mostly a female pursuit i'm told

i collect stuffed animals too

mostly kitty cats and lions

i read women's lit. books

i like wolves

i'm getting carried away, but i feel like i'm missing something...

oh yeah, i sit down to pee, that's a hobby isn't it?

Guest Thresa_XD

I used to have a lot of stuffed animals in my room but mom told me to grow up so I only own a few now but i still love them.

I enjoy reading sci-fi,horror,mystery novels along with comic books and manga.

I day dream a lot and have a bunch of fantasies through out the day.

I used to be able to draw pretty good mostly mythical,magical and sci-fi pictures but my hands aren't as good as they used to be with the carpul tunnel and slight arthritus from working on a assembly line.

I always enjoyed watching the girly shows as i grew up Clarissa explains it all,sailor moon,W.I.T.C.H.,etc.

I love to listen to classical music like Beathoven,Bach and Rossini.I often close my eyes, smile and twirl my fingers to the tune.

Even though this post is a little old i just joined a few days ago.

I love cooking and it goes back to when i was young and would watch and help my grandmother while she cooked dinners, and many of the tips i learned from her i use today. I also love gardening and i have a garden every year, it's more important in these hard economic time to be able to grow your own food, everything i know i learned from my grandfather.

Paula.

Guest ~Brenda~
It helps in passing if you do, but that's not why I started.

I crochet. I have a working knowledge of 7 stitches and have made - to date - 4 queen sized blankets, a dozen or so scarves and more coasters and scrubbies than I can count.

I just woke up one day and had an intense desire to start. So, my wife got me a crochet starting kit for our anniversary. She refers to it as my "yarn habit".

I really love it! I get lost for hours....sitting on the couch, watching TV and just crocheting.

Hi Rayne,

I don't neccessarily hace "girly" hobbies (other than makeup ;-)). I will tell you that I really enjoy watching "chick flicks". They really help in asserting my feminity. Presently my favorite movies are

"Sex and the City", "27 Dresses", "Legally Blonde", "But I am a Cheerleader", and my absolute favorite "Prey for Rock and Roll". Watch these, you will love them!

bernie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CottonKiwi

I love to sew you can see the beautiful dress and skrit i made in my introduction. and i love reading romance/ romantic comedies or fantasy.

Guest SuperFlyGal

I love romance movies, but I don't know if that counts too much. I loved Legally Blond and enjoyed some other essentially purely "feminine" movies. I fell in love with "But I'm a Cheerleader" and thought the movie was funny and very sweet, it also had a happy ending which is always good. One of my favorite books in "Annie On My Mind" and I think Nancy Garden has some really good books that can teach people a lot.

I also love to read shoujo-ai and yuri anime/manga/doujin as well as fanfics because the love stories in them are often very nice. One of my favorites was Kashimashi which is a manga about a boy who is turned into a girl and chooses between her childhood friend and the girl of her dreams. Wouldn't life be great if we could be hit by an alien space-ship and be turned into the other gender >.<!!!?

Though I've never seen it as truely feminine, I also love to cook and watch Food Network. I absolutely love Iron Chef America, as well as the majority of their cooking shows like Barefoot Contessa. My favorite cooks are Bobby Flay because I learned a lot about cooking from one of his cookbooks and watching him cook on TV is what first taught me about the joy of cooking, another favorite of mine is Cat Cora because I'm in love with her style of cuisine and wish I could cook like her, and finally it's Rachel Ray of course! Since my brother decided to do Homeschooling I miss her show and most of my classes get in the way, but once he goes back to high school I can DVR it and watch it when I get back home.

I'm absolutely terrified of bugs, I often sat in my sister's room when I was younger and wished it was mind, Sailor Moon was my favorite cartoon when I was 8 and I always wanted to be one of the Sailor Scouts(one of my first moments I remember), I had a stuffed bunny until we moved and I loved it very much till someone stole it.

As Naomi said in a previous post, I also sit when I pee. I've never been comfortable standing.

Guest Laura1977

I have recently started a cross stitch project. Four beautiful butterflies on a scroll with chinese lettering. I have also been known to enjoy shopping, knitting, cooking, and caring for children.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kylani

Awhh I love topics like this =] So much funn!

Hmmmmmm Girly hobbies for me would sooo totally have to be shopping!! Gahh it's bad I kno but feels so good!

Mixing Records <333 (A girl hobby to meh!)

Girls Softball team at school =] I think that's really about it aside from plastering my walls with cut outs from Victoria Secret PINK catalogues, hahaha!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Amelia19

Hmm.. Girly hobbies..

Umm... I can cook and sew kinda (took hom ec. in middle school both years =D (god I hated middle school))

I like to Roleplay in table top games too... (I have an undead daughter named Milly <3 )

Think that's about it...

Guest S. Chrissie
I also love to read shoujo-ai and yuri anime/manga/doujin as well as fanfics because the love stories in them are often very nice. One of my favorites was Kashimashi which is a manga about a boy who is turned into a girl and chooses between her childhood friend and the girl of her dreams. Wouldn't life be great if we could be hit by an alien space-ship and be turned into the other gender >.<!!!?

OMG, I love Kashimashi!! Lucky Hazumu. I want an alien spaceship to hit me XD

Guest Sakura_Stingray

actualy the aliens on kashimashi could not tell the difference of gender since their world did not select genders.....they created the body using what was left of the body and stuff >.> if they were the rosewel aliens they would gut you and stuff....japanese aliens are much more fun ^.^ btw.....gardening is not my style......designing how to place hem easy, taken cre of them not so much XD

• 1 month later...
Guest amie

I've developed an interest in house designs/plans and I've kinda been studyin' them when I'm bored and have the time to do so.

But yeah, it has me wanting to start building dollhouses...I think that would be rilly fun.

Guest amie
nope, my wife says i'll be a tomboy because all my interests and hobbies are "male oriented"

Gotcha on that one. I've actually been commented on by my roommate and another tranzchic. They agree, I'm always gonna be tomboy no matter my physical exterior. :D