• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Patches and an implant?

Guest Maia42

Guest Maia42

My computer messed up.......what I posted was

"

So, I have recently gone to my first endocrinologist (my hormones have always been prescribed by a general practitioner), and he has changed my medication completely. He seems to know exactly what he is doing, but I cant help worry. I haven't heard of very many sisters taking what he's getting me to take.

I am now on estrogen patches, and Im about to get a small implant that will apparently block my T.......

has anybody heard of any of this? I've heard of the patches........ but never of an implant........."

Guest Jo-88

My computer messed up.......what I posted was

"

So, I have recently gone to my first endocrinologist (my hormones have always been prescribed by a general practitioner), and he has changed my medication completely. He seems to know exactly what he is doing, but I cant help worry. I haven't heard of very many sisters taking what he's getting me to take.

I am now on estrogen patches, and Im about to get a small implant that will apparently block my T.......

has anybody heard of any of this? I've heard of the patches........ but never of an implant........."

Ive heard of the implant before... zoladen or zoladex (something like that). Apparently its extremely effective but also very expensive, I think there is a 1 year implant but its like $15k...seriously $15k. Let us know how it goes though, im kinda curious :)

Guest Maia42

Ive heard of the implant before... zoladen or zoladex (something like that). Apparently its extremely effective but also very expensive, I think there is a 1 year implant but its like $15k...seriously $15k. Let us know how it goes though, im kinda curious :)

It's called "supprelin"... apparently its what they use for kids with precocious puberty..... and yes...... its expensive as heck........ :/ thank god for insurance.....

Guest Vidia

hi Maia...,

some months ago i saw this youtube video..., it made me a clear idea of the differences of estrogen delivery methods...,

hope it helps you...,

Vidia,

Guest Leah1026

It's called "supprelin"... apparently its what they use for kids with precocious puberty..... and yes...... its expensive as heck........ :/ thank god for insurance.....

This really bothers me because it seems as though many doctors seem to think we're ATM machines. We are a poor community and these doctors have to know that. So I can only assume he's either profitting from ordering this regimen (patches are relatively expensive as well), he's hoping the cost will put you off transitioning or he's just clueless.