• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Don't Forget To Breathe

Guest Micha

Guest Micha

I'm prolly not thebest person in the world to talk about this, but I need the reminder, and my inner narcissist forbids be to think anyone else doesn't. :lol:

It's so easy to get caught up in the stress and problems, it really seems sometimes there's nothing else to living. Getting out of bed is like the hardest thing to do in the world, and the mornings don't often improve. Whether it's kids who just don't hear a word you say, especially when it means getting out of the house on time. Or maybe it's the people you're with on a regular basis just not seeing eye to eye with you, or the car's breaking down, gas prices are rising, you've lost all hope for humanity - whatever, there's a lot of crap to deal with.

It's like a daily routine for me, and that doesn't even include self identity issues, self esteem and working out hopes and dreams with everyday needs and responsibilities.

There's a lot to be freaking out about.

So in the spirit of direct action, le's all talk about how to let it go, even if just for a moment. Let's share with eachother another way to breathe, to step out of the filth and clean ourselves off.

I designed a tattoo for mi amore, and the original sketch wasn't spectacular or anything, but once the artist straightened it up and tweaked a detail or two (or maybe more. . . whatever), it looked great. Once it was on her and colored and shaded, it was God. Damned. AMAZING. Point? One sketch, and the stress was replaced with this joy and sense of real accomplishment. Now my motivation and drive is somewhat renewed - I went out and bought a bunch of pencils and this kneaded eraser so I could stop muckingup my sketchbook with smeared graphite. Totally feeling better, and I'm getting way into this.

This morning Z and I tried starting an exercise routine with Insanity's program. Day one is the fit test, I got through 5 out of 8 exercises before I felt like vomitting. Dunno what I've gotten myself into, but I'll be damned - I'm feeling really good right now. So maybe not the best program for me, but this exercise junk does make you feel better emotionally. Go figure, so there's another bit.

Your turn dearies - TAG! You're it!

• Forum Moderator

Awesome post Micha! And one I badly needed on this first morning of really facing the time change and a household of cranky people this morning. Even the cats seem cranky :D

Need a cup of coffee before I can contribute much but did want to thank you for the reminder

:)

Johnny

• Forum Moderator

For me it's listening to some uplifting music, that gets my head in the right place. Last Thursday was a terrible "dysphoric" day for me, just reminded myself about what's right rather than dwelling on what's wrong, this shift kills the dysphoria, music helps take it away.

Cindy -

Guest Elizabeth K

Breathing is good!

GRIN

Excellent post - and very good point. Once you can let your doubts ease, there is no limit to what you can accomplish!

Sometimes I think of it as my muse - when I want to create. She hides easily unless I TOTALLY invite her into my heart - then she inspires me to do things I never knew were possible.

Lizzy

Guest Juniper Blue

Great Topic Micha,

Yes ... Exercise is critical ..at least 5 times weekly of good cardio and I am also just getting into daily meditation and some yoga ... just 20 minutes or so, but it is making a big difference.

It is nice to see everyone focusing on their health and wellness! Keep it up Micha ... I will be cheering you and Z on and it is so good to have your support, in return. :thumbsup:

Hugs,

JB