• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Is ENDA Returning This Year?

JenniferB

“When there’s nothing else going on, it’s always good to try to get a hearing,” Keisling said. “It keeps the ball moving. It keeps reminding everybody that there are some issues that we all know we have to cover eventually.”

http://www.washingto...earing-on-enda/

Jenny

• Admin

Back in late September I was in a informational session presented by Mara at the Southern Comfort Conference where she was somewhat hopeful that we would have this type of opportunity to at least talk at that level. Certainly, an actual ENDA passage this year is VERY remote with the total chaos going on in the House over something as simple in the past as national highway funding. Getting our cause on record though will be a major step forward, since at the minute those people who would be our most vocal opponents are too darn busy elsewhere. I hope we get the chance to really shine and make our core cause a matter of good record for the people to deal with in the future. This could put us well down the road, even if the highways are impassable.

• Admin

Thanks for the article, Jennifer. I don't see ENDA becoming law unless and until the Democrats gain control of both houses of Congress. Sad to say, but no doubt true.

Carolyn Marie

Guest chngnwnd

True - may never pass until Democrats control both houses. I am an optimist nonetheless. I think there is some truth to getting our stories into the congressional record out there for all to see will be helpful.

Bobbi

Guest ValerieD

The article did say that ENDA has support of a majority of people in both parties, so if anything can get passed this year, this is it.

• Forum Moderator

Will ENDA pass? The upcoming Presidential race is such a circus act at this point that I have neither idea nor opinion. I'd like for it to pass. I really haven't kept up with it too much. Been real self centered the past few months with personal issues and all of the thinking about going full time. The dysphoria took on a life of it's own and that was a full time challenge. My head is finally cleaned out of that (for now) but I still haven't thought about the political arena and it's impact on LGBT issues much more than cutsie little passing thoughts. I'm trying to ignore anything that requires much mental work (besides work). Happy just being me 24/7 and shopping when money allows. And busy working my butt off to show my bosses that Yes, I'm Transsexual and I CAN do a darn good job at what I do AND better than most of the slacker knuckle draggers I work with. That and not looking like a linebacker in a dress.,. Yup, that's a fulltime job.