• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Games you cant part with

Guest Eloise

Guest artistformelyknownasnicole

Many have tried to buy Persona 3 off of me, but none have succeeded

May I ask what your username means? :o It's a mouthful..

Artist formerly known as Nicole

Which is a play on The Artist Formerly Known as Prince

Because prince is a joke

HahahahahahaI'mnotfunny

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kyla666

Many have tried to buy Persona 3 off of me, but none have succeeded

May I ask what your username means? :o It's a mouthful..

Artist formerly known as Nicole

Which is a play on The Artist Formerly Known as Prince

Because prince is a joke

HahahahahahaI'mnotfunny

OoOoOoOoOoOo!! Thanks for the reply!! :)

Guest The Avatar

Poke'mon. Especially Red/Blue/Yellow and Silver o-o

<----World's biggest Poke'mon nerd

-Jesse

The world's pretty big Jesse... I have a feeling there may be a bigger pokemaniac out there. :P

Poke'mon. Especially Red/Blue/Yellow and Silver o-o

<----World's biggest Poke'mon nerd

-Jesse

The world's pretty big Jesse... I have a feeling there may be a bigger pokemaniac out there. :P

Lol!!

Guest Sarah_Maria

Let's see we have Metal Gear Solid, Chrono Trigger, Ocarina Of Time, Megaman X 1-5, Sonic 1-3 & Knuckles, Final Fantasy 4-6, Zone of The Enders 1 & 2, Imperishable Night, Mario 3, Ikaruga, A link to the Past, Super Metroid, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Doom, Diablo, Command & Conquer, Okami, WInd Waker, Castlevania 3, Symphony of the Night, Rondo of Blood, Megaman Zero 1-4, Megaman 2-3 (maybe I should stop now) Disgaea 1-4, King Of the Fighters 98, Ys 7, Donkey Kong Country 1-2 and I saved the best for last Persona 3 the holy grail of video games. Oh I've probably forgotten some but if every game was destroyed besides these I think I'd be alright.

Guest Groove_Ghost

Oh I now also feel the need to state my sheer devout love of the Legacy of Kain series, every game in that series was perfect, the voice acting better than most films I have seen, the storyline was one of the few in games that was consistent, well thought and multi layered that run throughout the entire series. It was just perfect.

And the char some of the deepest and most "human" ever, Raziel and Kain bounced so well off of each other, by the end of Defiance I felt I had lost good friends in them, I was overcome with a sense of sadness when I realised I would never see them again :( now they are talking about rebooting the franchise on X-Box Live and I wish I wasn't seeing them again, how can you dare reboot a series that was this perfect? This so tountly wound up at the end with no plotholes whatsoever and one with such high production values and then put on X-Box Live Arcade? It. Isn't. Right.

Guest Luuceee

The only way i can see me liking LOK games making a return is if they were remade exactly the same just with modern graphics. Even then it would be hard to come anywhere close to as good as the originals.

Guest Groove_Ghost

The only way i can see me liking LOK games making a return is if they were remade exactly the same just with modern graphics. Even then it would be hard to come anywhere close to as good as the originals.

You are so right! I don't even think its the same cast of writers or actors working on it, they are redesigning the char designs and models too and changing the story..... It fills me with rage... o_O and the original series was known for its graphics and the dark, gothic beauty of Nosgoth, I cannot see it being anymore impressive than the visuals on The Magic Roundabout if its not even a proper console game

In case anyone who reads this hasn't completed the games I will just say, at the end of Defiance you could continue the story in so many directions, it wouldn't effect the plot of the original series all that much as it was so perfectly wrapped up but you could have seen where Kain and Raziel's story ended up!

Guest Groove_Ghost

I know for a fact that the guy who voiced the elder god wont be in it as he has sadly passed on. :(

Oh noes :( thats terrible news! He really made the Elder God come alive, even though you pretty much only ever hear him as a disembodied voice he was always so frightening and menacing, you definitely, especially in Soul Reaver 2, had the feeling he was always there, watching you in the shadows, it made a game where you have the near infinite powers of Raziel feel closed in and as if he could strike you at anytime, anywhere, thats just the power of truly great voice acting. It won't be the same without him methinks :(

Guest Groove_Ghost

I always liked Raziel's voice the best, it was strong, defiant and with that air of pompisity he carries himself with, no matter what you always know he so sure of himself, so sure he is right even when he is so hypoctirical and possibly in some ways as cocky as Kain himself. I love that about him, he is the hero of the series in a sense and he knows it all too well, completely ignorant to any flaws he may have. Series writer Amy Hennig described him as "a self rightous little twit" which I thought was delightful, that sums up Raziel to me

Guest shani d

my turn =]

not all the games i cant live with

the game i cant live without is minecraft

the games i can live without is call of duty modern warfare 2

battlefield bad company 2

runescape

command and conquer[all fo them]

in short ther are a lot more im a tottal gamer

Guest Groove_Ghost

I think Amy Hennig simply said "it would be stupid if he couldn't talk and it wouldn't be very cool" LOL a rather eloquent response from one of gamings greatest writers. You know she writes Jak and Daxter and Uncharted too? One seriously cool woman right thar! :D

Guest Groove_Ghost

Xenoblade Chronicles, Final Fantasy IX and Pokemon White come to mind. They're all fantastic games.

Final Fantasy IX is an incredible game :) the char crack and sparkle with life and personality, the world is rich and textured, breathtaking environments and a beautiful soundtrack. Wondrous after the overly grim and dark VIII IMHO of course

Oh yeppy I love Uncharted its a fabulous series and so true to her writing style, vivid dialogue and brilliant char! I know most people would pick say someone like David Bowie, Brian Wilson or an actor or world leader but I'd love to have dinner with Amy Hennig, one of the best writers around, if Lou Reed brought the literary highs of great novels to rock *and he did!* then she did it with games. That scene in Soul Reaver 2 with Raziel and Kain at the Pillars of Nosgoth took my breath away and afterwards I did a slow clap!

Guest Heather C E

Xenoblade Chronicles, Final Fantasy IX and Pokemon White come to mind. They're all fantastic games.

Final Fantasy IX is an incredible game :) the char crack and sparkle with life and personality, the world is rich and textured, breathtaking environments and a beautiful soundtrack. Wondrous after the overly grim and dark VIII IMHO of course

Yeah, FF9 is the best FF, though I enjoy almost every single other one except 2 and the MMOs.

Guest Weaver

I forgot about Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time. They were great games. I never beat the shadow temple though. I was too scared, I was only 8 I think.

I played Wind Waker when I was about 12 or 13. I beat it then and it was one of the best games I've played I think.

I also think of Majora's Mask as a masterpiece even though when I played it, I was frankly crap at it and never finished it. After reading into the lore of it though I can understand how it all fit together. It's really a wondrous piece and I think I'd enjoy replaying it.

Some other old games. Castlevania, only played it on an emulator. Battle for Olympus (I think that was the name.).

Mega Man 2. (Learning songs from that game on guitar. :) )

I also played Legacy of Kain(e?) but never really got the context. Probably because I was stupid and started with Defiance. Though I'd like to play through the series for the story now that I'm a bit more.. perceptive. I've that the series is a masterpiece from other people.

Guest Groove_Ghost

Ocarina of Time was my life growing up along with Final Fantasy VII, the main theme still makes my heart beat race and makes me feel I am about to embark upon a truly special adventure, few things can fill with me such childlike wonder and a sense of excitement and adventure like that game can and I don't think I am alone at all in that. I quite like Wind Waker but I just never dug the artistic direction the game took or the sailing parts, I am pretty alone in that one I am sure! :P but it never resonated with me, maybe I just couldn't look past Ocarina even at that point. Still Twilight Princess is definitely on par with Ocarina, the Game Cube version though. I hate the Wii.

OMG OMG OMG GO YOU AND PLAY LEGACY OF KAINNNNNN!!! Like right now, this second, their really is nothing you are doing thats more important than playing that game :D NOTHING! So go, go play it, I suggest you get the PC version of Blood Omen BTW, the graphics are better than the PSX port and it just runs smoother. Well, now you really have no excuse not to be playing it do you?

It is a game where any problems in the game play can be excused due to the story being so involved, the gaming mechanics come secondary to the gothic soap opera you get to watch unfold. Not that the series isn't a fine action adventure series :P

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Velanna

I could never part with any Bioware RPGs (ME, Dragon Age, Baldur's Gate, Jade Empire, KOTOR...you get the point! lol) I also could never part with the RCT series! lol Or DDR! Or L4D/L4D2.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So many games I wont part with.

Gran theft auto 3,Vice city,San Andreas. FF VII - IX, Silent hill 1 - 3, Project gotham racing 4, The Elder Scrolls Morrowind,Oblivion and Skyrim. Those are a few.