• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I met with my new individual therapist today.

Guest Emily Ray

Guest Emily Ray

I continue to move through the treatment process at The Emily Program. Today I had my first appointment with my individual therapist. She was very sweet and warm and comfortable to talk with. She did ask me how I felt about working with her since she comes from an evangelical Christian world view. I told her that I share her world view and have come to a deeper understanding of God's Creation as I came to terms with my transgender nature. It was very nice of her to be open to a discussion of the topic and it made me feel like she was someone I could work with well.

I have one more person on my team that I need to meet before I can start IDP, but it won't be long now.

Huggs

Emily

Guest Ney'ite

I am very happy for you moving in a forward positive direction. Having someone you feel comfortable with, or as they say "click" with, can make such a difference in our success. I wish you the best to keep going towards your goal!

Good for you Emily. I'm a supporter of a good therapist in every trans woman's corner. The journey to transition is a difficult one and we can use all the help we can get. Therapist can help us to better communicate with our families and friends. They spend years studying human behavior and are best able to give us advise on how best to communicate a message that will be better received by our family, co-workers and our friends. The better we communicate to others, the better we will be accepted. Welcome Emily and congratulations on beginning your journey to womanhood. Kathryn