• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

HRT changes from m to f

Guest Krisina

Guest Krisina

Changes on hrt m to f

Could I become sexless lacking anything to do with sexuality becoming asexual? I'm depressed about things as they are not knowing what to do some days.

Sexual "PERFORMANCE". Why do I hate that word? Because I don't want to "perform" the way this body's plumbing is made. No inclination to perform as a "m". Self pleasure is one thing but with others? No.

Losing erection capabilities, would that come back, being able to have an erection back to normal if someone had been on HRT 6 months or a year and stopped HRT? What would come back or would it be damaged for good? I understand sperm count, that stuff would be changed and permanently. I myself have no desire or urge to "merge" with anyone male or female with my plumbing. I have these questions before going on HRT. I suffer from anxiety and depression at times. I am a person who likes to ask a lot of questions first.

If I start HRT and if I stay on HRT I will lose the ability to have an erection, that is one thing, but will I cease being a sexual being will I become assexual? Will I cease feeling sexual feelings of any kind "m" or "f" Will I just be this person walking around the world.

We are all sexual beings, one of my fears is, being on hormones, I will lose any sexual pleasure for myself, stop being attracted (no female sexual desires even) to anyone else sexually and become sexless, just this body wandering around the world. I don't want to be and right now can't visualize myself with anyone sexually with my body the way it is with the plumbing the way it is. I'm not a straight "m" and I am not a gay "m". I happen to have plumbing that were I single again I would not want anyone to touch is how I would like to put it. The body is wrong!

Transgender women sometimes find they have total lack of any sex drive. Does that mean any self pleasure of touch and feel of the sensitive body skin?

I am older so i don't have that constant male nagging of sex drive whether you want it to or not. Going out to the swimming pool was embarrassing as a teen.

The changes at my age will probably be a little different. Losing sex drive (I am not thinking of the urge to merge ) and impulses disappear on HRT but you gain a female libido and feminized desires.

Some women on HRT find they have a total lack of sex drive? What does that mean? Does that mean total lack of desire to be with anyone else? Does that mean no ability to pleasure myself, no female libido, in a fantasy way even? Will there be a chance there won't even be any pleasure from my own breasts? Does that mean becoming asexual? I can understand things could balance out after SRS. For example, your body now matched your brain and a person is now happy, you give yourself permission to be yourself, your body and brain now match, everything is finally in sync.

My GT had recommended I see if I could get a referral from my doctor to see an endocrinologist for some of my questions before going on HRT but I wanted to ask the questions here first and see how many responses for a better idea of what will happen and what to expect with HRT. Going on HRT and if I stopped HRT etc. Especially from folks say 40 and older.

Krisina

Guest Elizabeth K

I am 3 1/2 years HRT - I LOVE my life partner. And... umm... well. we don't just hold hands! Neither of us are anywhere NEAR that old male 'performance' idea, but we do fine. as any two women would...

TMI? You get the idea.

Y'all's sexual arousal feelings don't die - so don't fret, sweetheart!

Lil ole Liz

Guest Donna Jean

"SEX" is many things!

Not just slot "A" and tab "B"..........

Touching, holding, pleasing another, emotional attraction, ( did you know that your largest sex organ is your brain?)....

So many people don't think sex has happened if someone didn't ejaculate or someone doesn't orgasm....

Yeah, those things are awesome and another part of sex.....But, not an end all......

Think about it....so many of us grew up in the "male" manner where you didn't have sex unless it was a score.....you were pleased and then instantly go to sleep.....we have to let those old ideas die and embrace new ways .....

There is a lot of love (and sex) to be had....

Dee Jay

Krisina

One thing to look forward to is after you have been on HRT for several years and especially after SRS, you will have your HRT reduced. At that point, a dab of Testosterone gel to the inside of the vagina does wonders for the libido. Natal woman also run the gamut from very *friendly* person to asexual with regards to sex drive being dependent on small levels of T and to what sensitivity level their body is at. Many have lowering levels of testosterone as they age and when they reach menapause begin to lose their sex drive. Much of our sex drive is mental, but a lot of it is also hormonal especially in regards to woman. Males have so much of the stuff coursing through their veins especially during those teen years, they think of little else. To have a sex drive requires a much smaller level of the stuff especially for woman. At the beginning of transistion, we often suppressT levels so low, that our bodies are not responsive and sensitive to such low levels of T and our sex drive plummets after having been on high levels of the stuff for many years. In time, our bodies will adjust and become more sensative to small amounts of T. Hang in there, it should improve in time. It need not be a permanent condition. Kathryn

Krisina, i know some people that continue to function pretty normally after starting hormones, then there are some do not while others it may take longer to achieve orgasm, i had a high libido but was pretty much non functional due to ED caused by my diabetes, so the lowering of my libido after starting hormones was welcomed, there is no way of telling what will happen with you until you start hormones, if you stop hormones function should return but may not be as firm as before.

After i had been on hormones for awhile i found different areas of my body gave me pleasure, rubbing my shoulders was one, the breasts another..

I am 11 months post op and for me everything works as advertised, i have orgasms that are mind blowing and seem to last forever, no multiple ones yet, they are much better than when i was male.

Paula

Guest Elizabeth K

Well - maybe this is an 'elitist' viewpoint, but here goes anyway?

What does it matter? We take HRT to transition to female and we take whatever results come our way.

Lizzy

Guest Krisina

Hmmm what does it matter.

I've been through a lot in life.

I have a spouse that we don't have sex of any kind yet she is my best friend in life and sticks by me. She is turned off by me saying kiss krisina even when I'm in male mode. She is repulsed by that. I can probably kiss goodbye kissing on hrt too after about 20 years together. I don't really want to have sex with either men or women at this point. I'm depressed about transition. I think the most I could hope for is being on hrt and not living full time. My spouse is otherwise happy with me even with girls underwear socks, and pajamas. Who else out there would be. I HATE wigs. I'm depressed and don't even want to go to my support groups anymore. They are either all young or older doing well on hrt or have had srs. The ones starting hrt for the most part don't have the relationship issues. I have an older family member we keep an eye on. I don't know where my life is going I'm in limbo.

Krisina

Guest Elizabeth K

I was on HRT for 3 1/2 years. I was full time 1 1/2 years of that time. Yes that works, but I was full time except at work after the first 6 months..

I certainly did not mean to belittle your feelings nor the post. You are very sincere and you come looking for some experience and possibly even a few answers here on Laura's Playground. I went through what you wrote - except the support groups? So many were pre-HRT. There were no post-op - they had already left us behind.

All I was really wanting to say when I wrote what I wrote is - that sometime, somehow, somewhere in your life you have to decide if HRT is for you. In doing so you have to clearly understand it does what it does. It is then your decision to accept that or not. HRT is never going to let you be both a man and a woman. You will be in the middle, but not for long. If you stop in the middle hoping to stay there, you will go back to your birth sex. If you don't stop and try to take minimum dosages you will still continue to develop into a woman.

So: apparent male > feminine looking male > androgynous > masculine looking woman > apparent female. - it was under a year for me, but I had fast results. And to be completely honest? It was too fast for my ex-wife and she left.

YMMV - but like I wrote - "We take HRT to transition to female and we take whatever results come our way."

Lizzy

Guest Ney'ite

I am coming up on 2½ years on HRT and would like to offer what I can for answers from my personal experience. Some of this may be TMI for some, so my apologies right up front if I offend anyone.

I also share your feelings toward NOT wanting to perform as male. From what I have heard from others, that is quite common. We have our "No Touch" zones along with not "performing" as our old gender.

Erection capabilities are not impossible, but the common-to-male experiences such as 'morning erections' (trying to be delicate and not crass) do disappear completely after a while. As for how long, which goes along with your question of how long before becoming sterile, that is dependent on your own genetics and how quickly your body responds to AA's and E. But once that "point of no return" is passed, it is just that: irreversible. This is why it is often encouraged to I think what is called sperm bank or something along those lines.

Losing erection ability completely? Probably not. It is still possible, but would most likely be far less, well, "solid" so to speak, and could be somewhat painful if atrophy has set in. The reason why atrophy can set in, is due to the fact that both males and females go through a cycle roughly every 90-minutes whilst sleeping. Males will get erections, females will lubricate. HRT will stop that function and this can lead to atrophy simply because the tissue is not being filled with blood from an erection.

Sexual pleasure - again, that is dependent on each individual. For me, can I? Sure. Is it there 24/7 like an average male? Heck no. "You have to preheat the oven first" if I may loosely quote one of the "American Pie" movies. For me, sensitivity to touch is QUITE heightened now. Much more so that it was pre-HRT.

The bottom line with HRT is pretty much summed up as: you will approach pleasure as a woman and no longer as a man. Women do not think of sex 24/7 like young males often do. But that does not mean a woman cannot be aroused, it just takes longer and with the right touch. What that right touch is, we all have to learn, just like any natal female. One woman may love to be touched here (I am not referring to any "here" place in particular), but another woman cannot stand being touched here.

And breasts? Let me just say for me, nipples are TEN TIMES more sensitive than they ever were. And somehow they have magically made a direct connection to "down there."

As for the final part, starting and then stopping HRT, my transition did not last long enough for me to stop, and quite frankly, I did not want to stop anyway. I look back and wonder how on earth did I ever survive through it, but I did. But not without he support of others close to me. They were my lifeline . . . hands down. And that ultimately brought me to Laura's in hopes of sharing my experiences with others . . . and who knows, maybe I might be honored to have even helped someone in need. That is the ultimate joy and honor I think. :)