• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

2 years now, still pretty much a boy

Guest Jo-I-Dunno

Guest Jo-I-Dunno

So I started hormone telling myself I'd go with the flow of my body, that I wouldn't force anything and instead present myself in the way that makes me look best. Well, it's two years later, and I'm still mostly the boy I was when I started, just a lot less angry, a lot more energetic, and way cuter!

Let's see... changes from head to toe:

• My forehead's a lot fuzzier than it used to me. Was I already balding at 18?
  • I had a major eyeglasses prescription change after 1 year
  • Face is softer; skin over body is softer/"fattier" overall
  • The few hairs on my back and shoulders disappeared (can't say as much for any other hair)
  • Minor minor breast development. They'd look more like breasts if I didn't have such a broad ribcage
  • The butt! It's still pretty small but it was totally flat before, so yay!
  • Way less prone to getting angry, cry way more at movies

Before:

gallery_4199_1312_11382.jpg

Today:

gallery_4199_985_31337.jpg

What's coming in the next two years? Heck if I know. If I knew, what fun would that be?

Guest Donna Jean

I really don't know where you want to go with all of this, Jo.......

But....

My personal opinion?

There is a young boy in the first pic and a girl in the second...

I don't know what you want me to say......But, that is what I see....

Huggs

Dee Jay

Guest Ney'ite

I will second what DJ said. Top picture, no doubt at all. But the bottom picture, at a *minimum* would make me stop and wonder which gender you were.

really all i see is a girl, I am sure people call you little girl or miss all the time with a face like that, The only thing i would say is maybe pluck the brows a little :thumbsup:

Guest Talon

I can only say what everyone else had said, the first pic looks boy and the second one girl :) I don't know exactly what look you want/what you wanna pass as but you do look great. And I'm glad hormones are working well for you! Also, it's just great that you feel less angry! :)

Ohhh Nooo Jo!! If the selection in your profile is to be trusted, according to those who have commented, it looks as if you have overshot androgyne into female.

What really matters however is how you feel about it all and it sounds to me as if you are generally happy.

Guest Lacey Lynne

Jo:

You KNOW all of us are fully supportive of you, Jo!

Also, surely, you know I'm way-cool with your "gender surfing" and your marching to the beat of your own drummer, so to speak. Obviously, you are certainly enjoying the ride! Kawabunga! Nothing wrong with that!

Uh, Jo? Guess what? Dee Jay and Lizzy are RIGHT. Picture One: Handsome young guy. Picture Two: Way-cute young girl. Okay, we old-timers ARE, well, old-timers, but, we've REALLY been around, okay. We know what we're talking about ... most of the time anyway ... * giggle * !

Go where you want to go with your gender trip, but you COULD major "do girl" if that is your scene. Or! You can remain a whoa-like-way-hot androgyne. If you stay in guy mode by choice, LOTS of girls are gonna REALLY dig you, man!

Just my opinion.

Peace & Joy :thumbsup: Lacey Lynne

Guest burningbright

I'm seeing a girl in the 2nd picture too. You totally have a Natalie Portman thing going on with the eyes etc that is just adorable :D

First picture I see all guy. Second picture I would think girl but I'd go with it if you said you were a guy.

Either way I think you look amazing, both handsome and beautiful.

~Jade.

• Forum Moderator

Well, I see a huge change. That second pic is clearly a girl to me. A sweet and pretty looking girl too

Johnny

Guest Exeter

I agree that you look 100% boy (though cute :D) in the first photo. But I'm going to be weird here. :lol: You definitely look prettier, cuter, and very feminine in the second, but I feel that you're still androgynous enough that you could present as whichever gender you wanted.This may be my bias, though, for loving androgyny and especially girly boys. ;)

Guest ShaunaMichelle

I must agree with the others, your second picture looks like a girl trying to pass as a boy! I think you are looking great!

Hugs

Shauna

Guest Jo-I-Dunno

Boo-yeah! Thanks for all the feedback.

I've never had an interaction in real-life where someone's confusion was stated or obvious. I've noticed second glances, but that's it. Maybe it's because you're just seeing my face and not my whole body. I'm 6'0'' (but mostly legs, so yay!) and have a broad ribcage and, like I said, so long as I'm wearing something that holds my nipples down, minimal breasts. Maybe that has something to do with it. Also, I don't make any conscious attempt to change my voice, so maybe that's part of it too. Though I have noticed I have quite the vocal range depending on my mood... kind of a feminine trait I guess.

I have a year of school left. Once I don't have to worry about using public transportation on the south side of Chicago (some scary people there...) I think I'm gonna be more adventurous. That, and I'm about halfway done with electrolysis.

Keep up the complements!