• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you listening to today?

Guest LizMarie

• Forum Moderator

I broke another internal barrier keeping me from being the true me - I've kept so many things hidden it felt natural and being called on it - I'm bound and determined to overcome it and with it I know will come.............Freedom (Richie Havens)

https://youtu.be/rynxqdNMry4

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heather Shay

• Davie

• Cyndee

• Jani

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Thank goodness I got to see Argent...great songwriters.....

• Forum Moderator

now with that memory here comes another...............

I needed something to make me dance today. I was not much of a fan until he saw him live. Neil Diamond has some great songs that make you want to get up and dance.

@Shay Richie Havens was so underated

Yes. NEIL DIAMOND's  "SWEET CAROLINE". He was the best thing on AM radio for awhile there (the Sixties) --until FM took over . . . and that song is now permanently the theme song for the Red Sox at Fenway Park. Sing, Everyone! What? Where is everyone? Oh, yeah. The Pandemic—soon to lose that thing, I hope.

--Davie

• Forum Moderator

Good writer really like his early stuff.

• Forum Moderator

Not well remembered - but I really liked this song in the day............

• Forum Moderator

always liked this song...............

• Forum Moderator

another really cool song

@Shay

The Band and Chest Fever: timeless music. Play it again, Shay.

Their music holds up so well. And that movie "Last Waltz" by Scorsese with best guests ever. Worth another watch and listen, too. 

Robbie Robertson could write songs woven from so many strands of Americana.  Enjoy.   --Davie

• Forum Moderator

@Davie Have a copy of the film and watch periodically and just picked up the autobiography of John Simon who produced the first 2 The Band albums (still in my top 10 all time albums).

Don't know if anyone knows this singer and this song. A good song for Pride Month, if you ask me. Ruby Amanfu has sung with Jack White, she was in a duo from Nashville called Sam & Ruby, and she worked with someone called Beyonce on Lemonade. It's Love Out Loud for your listening pleasure.   

Enjoy,

--Davie

Led Zeppelin is one of my top all-time bands. However, I listened to their Presence album quite less than to the others. Through the years, it grew a lot on me. Its simplicity after their "classic", very complex albums; its back-to-basics feel, its sparsity... Still, there was something "wrong" that I could not quite put my finger on.

The revelation was a post from someone who claimed that the track listing was not the best. This guy experimented with alternative sequencings of the songs and came up with one he thought best - which I love. This is the alternative track listing, which is how I listen to the album ever since:

1 Nobody's fault but mine
2 Hots for nowhere
3 Tea for one
4 Royal orleans
5 For your life
6 Candy store rock
7 Achilles last stand

If you have never tried it, give it a chance.

As an appetizer, here's For Your Life. Nice weekend to all ❤️

• Forum Moderator

@Beatriz I certainly will as I have had a similar sense about Presense and this may improve my outlook towards it.

Good morning! Woke up to Cyndi Lauper's song True Colors on the radio, a boost when I really needed it. I'm grateful & find it wonderfully amazing when something I need to hear or read jumps right in front on me.

Hugs!

Delcina

2 hours ago, Delcina B said:

Good morning! Woke up to Cyndi Lauper's song True Colors on the radio, a boost when I really needed it. I'm grateful & find it wonderfully amazing when something I need to hear or read jumps right in front on me.

Hugs!

Delcina

That's a wonderful feeling, indeed @Delcina B!

• Forum Moderator

True Colors what a wonderful wake up call. An ah and a smile here. Thank you.

• Forum Moderator

And now for something entirely different.....

• Forum Moderator

And let's not forget their classic....

TODAY AT 8:30 PM EDT – 11:15 PM EDT

Alan Jackson's Where I Come From Benefit Concert

Livestream Exclusively On Facebook starting 8:30PM

Coweta County Fairgrounds

Local radio says crowd is 20,000+ (and, 'round town, everyone is SPEEDING today 'cause all Sheriffs are there during "crowd control"!)

8 hours ago, Delcina B said:

@Davie Thanks for sharing Love Out Loud, needed to hear it!

Hugs!

Delcina

You're welcome, Delcina. Love this singer.

• Forum Moderator

Man! I Feel Like A Woman by Shania Twain

My wife was playing this the other day. I wrote the title down and just relistened to it. I had never heard it before yesterday but I really like it. The video has sort of a Robert Palmer “Addicted To Love” feel to it but in reverse genders.