• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you listening to today?

Guest LizMarie

• Forum Moderator

@shay - thanks Heather, it's just sooo good.....

This morning I have the "deep tracks" streaming in the background to start my "work" day 

Hugs

C

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heather Shay

• Davie

• Cyndee

• Jani

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having a really frustrating day so I needed some I mad at everything music, which for me is the Violent Femmes

• Forum Moderator

@miz miranda good choice - sorry you are mad at everything but Violent Femmes should change that ASAP.

@Shay it will pass soon enough

We are process of putting house up for sale. Had to repair foundation and demo and rebuild part of finished basement. Been at this since May. Been ignored by contractors, scheduling delays, chasing building departments expletives not supplied

I do like American Music ?

• Forum Moderator

@miz miranda been there and don't envy you a bit on house fixing for sale. Oh the stories I could tell so don't get me started.

• Forum Moderator

Another of my favorite Yardbirds tunes...........

Yes. More good ones. And Jeff Beck to my ear is right behind Jimi. So good. Memory and music is such a great marriage. This takes me back to picnic I had on Mars, I guess it was Transworld Airlines took me there. And Jeff Beck.

"Cause we've ended as lovers" by Stevie Wonder, I believe. 

• Forum Moderator

I will be cross dressing in the other direction in September as I'll be portraying Jim Morrison... beardless of course - used heavy mascara when I did it before - only on the scraggly beard I used to have... . first rehearsal tonight 

Light My Fire

Roadhouse Blues

Love Me Two Times

Riders on the Storm

heather as morrison 4.JPG

heather as miorrison 3.JPG

Heather as morrison 2.JPG

Heather as Morrison.JPG

12 hours ago, Shay said:

I will be cross dressing in the other direction in September as I'll be portraying Jim Morrison... beardless of course - used heavy mascara when I did it before - only on the scraggly beard I used to have... . first rehearsal tonight 

That sounds so fun!

I don't know if this has been posted before, but I was following links here on transgender pulse for youtube voice tutorials, which led me to this.

She's a transwoman on youtube who does a lot of voice coaching and she put out a song I really quite like. It's not the most uplifting lyrically, but I find it very relatable, and therefore comforting. And I think she did quite a good job self-producing it.

My favorite lyric is the part "...[Inside I am screaming]...Ain't a bad dream, it's my reality..."

I'm not in that place right now (thank god), but I've spent a lot of time there in the past, for things not directly related to being trans (hard to say how much indirect connection there may be.) And I still deal with remnants of that. So, for me, this is something I can really connect with and really appreciate.

• Forum Moderator

Don't know if you know of Rick Beato but he has a series of "What Makes the Song Great" and this song was from a band that the guitarist/creator and Rockman inventor came from a suburb of Toledo, Ohio where I was born - loved playing this song in one of my early bands...................

• Forum Moderator

Been a long week.... time to lighten up.............

• Forum Moderator

Been a long week.... time to lighten up.............

• Forum Moderator

ok - another fun one.................

• Forum Moderator

@shay - such a great tune, heard a live version the other day that was really cool (with lyrical variations) 

From '73, perhaps one of my favorite Albums (had the 8 track), many miles of smiles with this one