• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you listening to today?

Guest LizMarie

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heather Shay

• Davie

• Cyndee

• Jani

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah, Smokey Robinson's My Girl—love that to dance to. And Satisfaction—Charlie sure makes the rhythm pocket work.

• Forum Moderator

I couldn't pick just one -

• Forum Moderator

soooo 90's , nice chords on that acoustic, then step it up...

gets me movin'.....

• Forum Moderator

Need uplifting stuff today............

• Forum Moderator

Johnny rocks ! "still alive and well" 

• Forum Moderator

Tommy Bolin - what a guitarist yet lost soul - found dead with about every type of drug in him at the age of 25. Here are some examples of his work..........

• Forum Moderator

tasty, cool vibe for Friday, simply groovy...

• Forum Moderator

ah yes - Alan Parsons.....

• Forum Moderator

This song came to mind when my son-in-law hid behind religion (don't know last time he stepped into a church) as an excuse.....

• Forum Moderator

This song was so emotional for me when I just listened to it again after so many years (possibly before transition). The lyrics stood out more than ever for me. I never realized how many of the words and descriptions are metaphors of a story that applies to my life growing up as a man struggling with that whole thing and then finally becoming the woman I am today.

In this proud land we grew up strong

We were wanted all along

I was taught to fight, taught to win

I never thought I could fail

No fight left or so it seems

I am a man whose dreams have all deserted

I've changed my face, I've changed my name

But no-one wants you when you lose

Don't give up 'cause you have friends

Don't give up you're not beaten yet

Don't give up I know you can make it good

Though I saw it all around

Never thought that I could be affected

Thought that we'd be last to go

It is so strange the way things turn

Drove the night toward my home

The place that I was born,  on the lakeside

As daylight broke, I saw the earth

The trees had burned down to the ground

Don't give up you still have us

Don't give up we don't need much of anything

Don't give up  'cause somewhere there's a place where we belong

Rest your head

You worry too much

It's going to be alright

When times get rough

You can fall back on us

Don't give up

Please don't give up

Got to walk out of here

I can't take anymore

Going to stand on that bridge

Keep my eyes down below

Whatever may come

and whatever may go

That river's flowing

That river's flowing

Moved on to another town

Tried hard to settle down

For every job, so many men

So many men no-one needs

Don't give up 'cause you have friends

Don't give up you're not the only one

Don't give up no reason to be ashamed

Don't give up you still have us

Don't give up now we're proud of who you are

Don't give up you know it's never been easy

Don't give up 'cause I believe there's a place

There's a place 

Where we belong

Don't give up

Don't give up

Don't give up

• Forum Moderator

wandered into my head this morning...............

• Forum Moderator

A timely song by Eric Clapton (2021), tell it, like it is, he has a knack for that....

@Susan R I had never heard that song before, and it really touched my inner being to the core. it makes me grateful that I am now on the journey to become the woman I have always wanted to be.

Billie.

Been listening to a remastered version of "The Essential Stevie Ray Vaughn" CD.  I had forgotten what a talented guitar player he was.  Another artistic genius who's life was tragically cut short.

• Forum Moderator

A nice little tune Janis did I always enjoyed..............

Dedicated to the end of all wars  Tim Buckley - Once I Was. 

Dedicated to the end of all wars. 

Tim Buckley - Once I Was. 

• Forum Moderator

Good band..................... to wake up my brain cells this morning................

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 79 Guests (See full list)

• Pip
    • KathyLauren
    • Emily Michele
    • Lydia_R
    • Karen Carey
    • Betty K
    • Charlize
    • awkward-yet-sweet
    • KymmieL
    • Adrianna Danielle
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Vivelacors
    Newest Member
    Vivelacors

1. Aelia
      Aelia
      (22 years old)
    2. Just-Jenny-finally
      Just-Jenny-finally
      (65 years old)
    3. KelcieK
      KelcieK
      (50 years old)
    4. Krimson Kya
      Krimson Kya
      (35 years old)
    5. Robin
      Robin
      (56 years old)
    • KathyLauren
      It undoubtedly depends on what country you are in.  And even then, there would be discrepancies between policy and culture: what is allowed may not be accepted, depending on the personalities of the people involved.    For the Canadian Armed Forces, I found this in regards to acceptance into Basic Training:   "Transgender candidates may make request in accordance with CF Military Personnel Instruction 01/19 Transgender Guidance. The accommodations granted should aim at facilitating the integration and the success of the person making the request while complying with the Minimum Operational Standards as illustrated in the DAOD 5023-1. The final decision regarding accommodation measures rests with the Commandant of CFLRS."  https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/dnd-mdn/documents/military-benefits/QMB_QMBO_e.pdf   Presumably, this refers to things like bathroom and shower access.  It indicates that the official policy is to accept transgender candidates.  Whether or not the specific drill sergeant and the other recruits would actually accept them is something one could only find out by experience.
    • Lydia_R
      I see myself as athletic and makeup is not a part of that.  I've always been curious about lipstick and I do dress up quite regularly.  I'm certainly much more into clothing than makeup.  I don't own very many clothes either because I have minimalist tendencies.  I have been curious about lipstick and bought it for the first time a couple months ago.  I tried it twice and didn't like the kind I got, and then I tried again a couple days ago.  I got a nice hot pink this time that I'm happy with.  I'll experiment with it slowly and see if there is a keeper there.
    • KymmieL
      I do have make up but do I use it. nope. it was mostly purchased as Sephoria. Some at wallys. Only thing I use on a regular bases is lip stick or gloss.   With my wife not using makeup at all. Mine is hidden away.   Kymmie
    • Mirrabooka
      I don't use makeup, but I am starting to become interested in it. It always seems like I'm looking for the next step in my journey, even though I'm non-committal. Makeup could be it.   A hack that my hairdresser suggested to control frizz was to smear a bit of moisturizer over my hair. To paraphrase from one of my favorite childhood books, "Never apply a lot. Just so much, and no more! Never more than a spot! Or something may happen. You never know what!"    One day I applied more than a spot, and not knowing what to do with it, I wiped the excess over my face. It felt nice and I have kept it up since.    It's a start.    
    • RaineOnYourParade
      Green tea and a granola bar this morning (haven't eaten it yet tho)   6 mins into the school day and I wanna go home, I am not feeling it today lol
    • RaineOnYourParade
      Yeah, there's a lot of guys 5'8"+ over here ^^' Nice to know it wouldn't be an issue elsewhere tho   Hands are surprisingly gendered lol
    • Adrianna Danielle
      Been a good morning so far.Another ex GF and I did meet up last night.She has not see me since 1997.It was a little shock for her to see I changed at first.Good thing is she has accepted knowing I live a much happier life.Said she saw I was hurting inside.
    • MirandaB
      If I'm doing something where I interact with people for any length of time I usually do something with my eyes (mascara, brow fill-in and taming). Bigger events I'll do some makeup but always try to be as subtle as I can, plus I think my freckles make me seem younger to people. I know it's too much when my brain suddenly thinks "clown!"    
    • Heather Shay
    • Willow
      Good morning    wow, this is what 6 AM looks like not looking out the windows at work. Interesting week of start times 7,8,7,7,4.  ASM is off most of the week.     No coffee this morning, at least not until I get to work.  I’m going to see if no coffee makes a difference in how I feel today, I’ve head a headache for several days now, nothing has helped.  I do realize that stopping coffee cold turkey can bring on caffeine withdrawal headaches so I expect today to be no better.  But I’m hoping for tomorrow.  Today is just to see what if any affect it has on my throat.    time to fix my hair and walk the dog before I motor across the road.  Cherri o .   keep a stiff upper lip and all that stuff.  (Sorry, nothing the least bit funny coming to mind this morning, you’ll have to entertain yourself today}
    • Heather Shay
      What do you think is the biggest block to LGBTQ+ acceptance?
    • Heather Shay
      Nice Sunday, several new LGBTQ+ friends.
    • Heather Shay
      DON’T ADD JUDGEMENT TO YOUR FEELINGS by Olga Lacroix | Anxiety relief, Happiness, Mindfulness I’m sitting here drinking my favorite coffee, and as I enjoy this moment I cannot wait to share with you the thoughts that are in my head.  Recently, I have talked about how circumstances don’t determine your future. And somewhere along the line, I wanted to explore a little bit more about our thought process. How we discourage ourselves so often from our goals and from the things that we want, because we have beliefs that go against what we want. In this episode, I want to talk about how it’s important for us to learn not to judge our feelings. Aside from being a Life Coach, I’m also a Certified Mindfulness Instructor. And non-judgement is one of the learnings that I enjoy understanding, applying, and teaching. WHY BEING JUDGEMENTAL IS HARMFUL Sometimes it’s so difficult to be non-judgmental, especially if it’s coming from a bad experience or emotions. For example, a client of mine just had a pregnancy loss and a part of her coping mechanism is to hate or be indifferent to people who have babies.  It’s her way of processing the grief and protecting herself from anger and sadness. And recently someone close to her had a baby. She wanted to feel excited for that person but somehow her bad experience was holding her back. Like her, a lot of people cope this way. Some people try to hide their feelings and emotions just because they’ve already judged them as maybe improper or inappropriate emotions. And what happens is, those emotions stay inside them longer, they don’t get to process their emotions, and it becomes more painful. HOW NOT TO BE JUDGEMENTAL When we judge our feelings as bad, our natural response is to avoid it. We go through crazy lengths just to avoid the feeling, but by avoiding it we’re actually growing it. So what do we do? Do not judge the emotion, allow yourself to feel the negative emotions. Don’t mask it, instead embrace it.  DON’T IDENTIFY WITH YOUR EMOTIONS For someone like me who experienced Post Traumatic Stress Disorder or PTSD, a common side effect is anxiety. I have learned that the more I try to repel the anxious thoughts, the stronger they feel in my body, and the longer they stay. But when I’m courageous enough, and I say to the feeling, I’m not gonna judge you for existing, you’re just a feeling. I tell myself something neutral. There is anxiety, not I am anxious. Separate yourself from the feeling. The feeling is not you and it’s just temporary. FINDING THE BALANCE Now when the feeling is good and positive, we jump into attachment, wanting that feeling to linger longer and even forever. But according to Buddha, that’s when the suffering begins, when you want to make something last forever, and when you’re not ready to understand and accept the impermanence of emotions. Find the balance in your emotions. Learn to separate yourself from the emotion. Feel the emotions whether they’re good or bad, but don’t dwell in it. It’s an emotion that we need to feel, process, and eventually let go. Through this, we will achieve a healthier mind. STEPS TO FREE YOURSELF FROM JUDGEMENT The first step is awareness. Being aware of the emotion and how you have judged it. This step will allow you to think of the next step to free yourself from judgement. Step two is processing your emotion in neutrality. Go to a quiet place, close your eyes, and meditate. Bring all of your senses, all of your awareness to the feeling. Give it attention and wait for it to dissipate.  The last step is to pay attention to the lesson. Become curious and think about what this emotion is teaching you, what wisdom can you take from it. Be an observer of your emotions. You need to react, you need to fix them, change them, modify them, you just need to notice them. And then you need to open the space, let them be felt. These are moments of growth, these are moments of transformation. And most importantly, these are moments where we allow the emotion to be processed. Reset Your Mindset is opening in January of 2022. A program that helps you with making decisions, set clear boundaries without drama or guilt. Stop the hamster wheel that keeps you in overthinking mode, switching off the mean inner voice and switching on confidence and compassion instead. Reset your mindset and discover your true self. Click here to know more! Bonus: I’m also giving participants lifetime access to Detox The Mind online course. A course that emphasizes on helping you create new neurological connections so that you have a happier mind and healthier habits. See you inside!
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.