• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you listening to today?

Guest LizMarie

• Forum Moderator

So like it's Rocktober ?

So gimmie some Montrose.... 

gimmie some Cactus !!

C

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heather Shay

• Davie

• Cyndee

• Jani

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a twist that came through my feed. Lil Nas X slays this with his emotional/desperation laced vocals.

19 hours ago, miz miranda said:

Feeling a bit gritty today

Tom Waits. Used to see him at out local folk club, Passims. Fabulous songwriter. He invented the word Hipster.

• Forum Moderator

so true, in many things, just a lovely slide guitar

• Forum Moderator

Seems like a Michael Hedges disciple though I've never heard a guitar use tuning keys as part of the song structure - love.....

• Forum Moderator
18 hours ago, Shay said:

Seems like a Michael Hedges disciple though I've never heard a guitar use tuning keys as part of the song structure - love.....

wow, just wow..., beautiful 

• Forum Moderator

I got my 7 year old grandson interested in music by showing him this video......

• Forum Moderator

Am reading Jim Peterik (Vehicle with Ides of March and Eye of the Tiger with Survivor) and he mentioned looking for a new lead singer for Survivor and at the time auditioned Mark Free - now Marcia Free - her she is... I remember loving Signal when they came out....

Marcie Michelle Free (born Mark Edward Free on April 12, 1954) is an American rock singer, best known as the lead singer of King Kobra, Signal and Unruly Child.

Free started singing professionally at the age of 19 while living in Flint, Michigan (1973). In 1975, Free moved to Las Vegas, Nevada which eventually (in 1979) led to her relocating to Los Angeles, CA where she met Carmine Appice (Vanilla Fudge, Beck, Bogert & Appice, Rod Stewart) in 1983. Together they formed King Kobra and were signed to Capitol Records in 1984. Free recorded two albums with King Kobra, Ready to Strike and Thrill of a Lifetime, before leaving in November 1986 to pursue other musical interests.

In 1987, Free formed a band with guitarist Danny Jacob, bassist and keyboardist Erik Scott and drummer Jan Uvena, which would later take the name Signal. Signal recorded one album for EMI, 1989's Loud and Clear, before disbanding soon after.

In 1990, Free then joined up with Bruce Gowdy, (Stone Fury/World Trade) and Guy Allison (World Trade) (keyboards), forming a group known as Unruly Child. Unruly Child signed with Atlantic/Interscope Records in 1991 and released their self-titled debut album in 1992. In 1993, Free sang the theme song, "(To Be) The Best of the Best", for the action film, Best of the Best II. Also in 1993, a solo album consisting of demos Free had sung for a mother/daughter songwriting duo named Judithe and Robin Randall was released on an independent label in the UK called Now & Then Records. The album entitled Long Way from Love was re-released on Frontiers Records in 1998. This album version included some of the live performances Free gave while in Manchester, England for the first rock festival known as "The Gods of AOR" in October 1993.

Shortly after the release of Long Way from Love, Unruly Child, after losing their record deal with Atlantic/Interscope, had reformed under the moniker Twelve Pound Sledge and were writing new material in hopes of re-signing with another U.S. label. That never happened, though songs from these sessions were later released in 1995, as a solo album on independent labels in Germany and Japan, entitled Tormented.

Suffering with gender dysphoria all her life, Free came out to the world as Marcie Free in November 1993. In 1995, Free retired from the music business and moved back to Michigan to be close to her family. However, she still sings professionally on the side and in September 2009, Free, Gowdy and Allison reunited as Unruly Child and signed a recording contract with Frontiers Records. A new album with that label, Worlds Collide, has been released to critical acclaim. Unruly Child's triad (Free, Gowdy, Allison) continues to write and record. They released a new album in 2014 entitled Down the Rabbit Hole on the band's own label "Unruly Records".[1]http://t2.gstatic.com/licensed-image?q=tbn:ANd9GcRq2gd04FXN2BNo0MEJfKDKBYYNCPoPfPuMHxBapzuHFkUs3RRTjcGcXJNQT7CU

heard this on my run today and it made me laugh.

Like the song says First I look at the purse, but instead of looking at what's in it; rather How it would look on me

and a bit more

21 hours ago, Shay said:

Am reading Jim Peterik (Vehicle with Ides of March and Eye of the Tiger with Survivor) and he mentioned looking for a new lead singer for Survivor and at the time auditioned Mark Free - now Marcia Free - her she is... I remember loving Signal when they came out....

Marcie Michelle Free (born Mark Edward Free on April 12, 1954) is an American rock singer, best known as the lead singer of King Kobra, Signal and Unruly Child.

Free started singing professionally at the age of 19 while living in Flint, Michigan (1973). In 1975, Free moved to Las Vegas, Nevada which eventually (in 1979) led to her relocating to Los Angeles, CA where she met Carmine Appice (Vanilla Fudge, Beck, Bogert & Appice, Rod Stewart) in 1983. Together they formed King Kobra and were signed to Capitol Records in 1984. Free recorded two albums with King Kobra, Ready to Strike and Thrill of a Lifetime, before leaving in November 1986 to pursue other musical interests.

In 1987, Free formed a band with guitarist Danny Jacob, bassist and keyboardist Erik Scott and drummer Jan Uvena, which would later take the name Signal. Signal recorded one album for EMI, 1989's Loud and Clear, before disbanding soon after.

In 1990, Free then joined up with Bruce Gowdy, (Stone Fury/World Trade) and Guy Allison (World Trade) (keyboards), forming a group known as Unruly Child. Unruly Child signed with Atlantic/Interscope Records in 1991 and released their self-titled debut album in 1992. In 1993, Free sang the theme song, "(To Be) The Best of the Best", for the action film, Best of the Best II. Also in 1993, a solo album consisting of demos Free had sung for a mother/daughter songwriting duo named Judithe and Robin Randall was released on an independent label in the UK called Now & Then Records. The album entitled Long Way from Love was re-released on Frontiers Records in 1998. This album version included some of the live performances Free gave while in Manchester, England for the first rock festival known as "The Gods of AOR" in October 1993.

Shortly after the release of Long Way from Love, Unruly Child, after losing their record deal with Atlantic/Interscope, had reformed under the moniker Twelve Pound Sledge and were writing new material in hopes of re-signing with another U.S. label. That never happened, though songs from these sessions were later released in 1995, as a solo album on independent labels in Germany and Japan, entitled Tormented.

Suffering with gender dysphoria all her life, Free came out to the world as Marcie Free in November 1993. In 1995, Free retired from the music business and moved back to Michigan to be close to her family. However, she still sings professionally on the side and in September 2009, Free, Gowdy and Allison reunited as Unruly Child and signed a recording contract with Frontiers Records. A new album with that label, Worlds Collide, has been released to critical acclaim. Unruly Child's triad (Free, Gowdy, Allison) continues to write and record. They released a new album in 2014 entitled Down the Rabbit Hole on the band's own label "Unruly Records".[1]http://t2.gstatic.com/licensed-image?q=tbn:ANd9GcRq2gd04FXN2BNo0MEJfKDKBYYNCPoPfPuMHxBapzuHFkUs3RRTjcGcXJNQT7CU

Wonderful story, Heather. Thanks so much.  —Davie

• Forum Moderator

I was listening to this yesterday.  I have their Greatest Hits cd in the car player.  So many memories on this album.  Its an expansion of the Best Of with 18 songs (four more) including the acoustic intro to American Woman.  

• Forum Moderator

melancholy today..............

I love and play this song. It reminds me of all the times I was in other cities playing LindaMarie. It reminds me of how lonely it is out there. It reminds me that I'm not the only lonely soul out there.  Turn the Page.

thumbnail_LM z 2011_12 On the Stage Again (Ever been on stage. One can play it you know).jpg

• Forum Moderator

I heard this and thought of a good friend. ?

"You know that I need your love
You've got that hold over me
As long as I've got your love
You know I'll never leave
I wanted you to share my life
I had no doubt in my mind
And it's been you, oh baby
Right down the line"

"I know how much I lean on you
And only you can see
The changes I've been going through
Have left a mark on me