• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you listening to today?

Guest LizMarie

Darryl Hall and Todd Rundgren - "Sweet"  This is so sublime it gives me chills.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heather Shay

• Davie

• Cyndee

• Jani

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, Heather Shay said:

RIP Gordon Lightfoot - I remember when I first heard "If You Could Read My Mind" - what a beautiful song.....

He wrote so many great songs. This has always been one of my favorites.

Prince - "U Got the Look"  The beginning of the remake of Sheena Easton into the bad girl image.

57 minutes ago, Heather Shay said:

Another almost forgotten singer/songwriter, and at one point well loved by the Special Ops community. We used to play his songs as loud as possible on the green ramp or in the team hut while waiting. My personal favorite of his is "The Envoy." I've got an ex-wife who swears that song should have been my theme many years ago...

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Heather Shay said:

RIP Gordon Lightfoot - I remember when I first heard "If You Could Read My Mind" - what a beautiful song.....

My first ever LP was Gordon Lightfoot's "The Way I Feel".  It was one of his first albums and has some lovely songs on it.  I still have it.  I might have to fire up the record player later and listen to it again.

Last one for today. And, yes, I have eclectic music tastes.

Keith Urban and Pink - "One Too Many"

• Forum Moderator

my headphones just broke, so I'm stuck with Miss Murder by AFI in my head. At least it's a good song.

And because I'm just in a "weird" mood and smiling today, I'll end with some "Word Crimes."

17 minutes ago, April Marie said:

Too obvious? Oh, no.

perfect choice

• Admin

I've been listening a lot to Gordon Lightfoot the last couple of days.  Even took out some of my vinyl.  I have loved his music since I was 20, and have seen five or six of his concerts, most recently in 2019.  His music was the soundtrack to my youth.  It's sad that he's now passed on.  He'll be missed, but his songs will live forever.

Carolyn Marie

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 130 Guests (See full list)

• Petra Jane
    • Vidanjali
    • Penrose-Pauling
    • Abigail Genevieve
    • Ashley0616
    • EasyE
    • Ivy
    • Lydia_R
    • Betty K
    • SamC
    • Timi
    • KathyLauren
    • MaeBe
    • Willow
    • MaryEllen
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

• Lydia_R

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Justine76
    Newest Member
    Justine76

1. April Marie
      April Marie
    2. daniela...
      daniela...
      (59 years old)
    3. Emily May
      Emily May
    4. Felixr
      Felixr
      (20 years old)
    5. Leann
      Leann
      (56 years old)
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I think the grace and lace letters are terrific.  I put a link in one thread; when I have time I will post it here.   I have the same struggle at times.  I have dug into the theology on anti-trans, for want of a better word, and every time I have come away more convinced that they don't know what they are talking about.  Excellent theologians do not necessarily make great plumbers, or something like that. Yet many listen to them on this, because they are good at theology. So they must be good plumbers.
    • Karen Carey
      An update on my journey.   When I joined this forum in Dec 23 I thought that I was genderfluid. Later, as time progressed, and with regular visits to my therapist, I started to think that I was transgender.  A diagnosis last August confirmed that I had gender dysphoria, adding weight to thoughts of being transgender.  I started low-dose hrt on Dec 6, recommended by my psychiatrist and endo. The idea was to see how it would affect me - either ease the GD or push me down the path to transition.  The first four months saw some small physical changes, and minor mental changes, but no reduction in GD. If anything the drive to transition seemed to be growing.   Then @SallyStone started to post installments of her life story.  I started to read them about three weeks ago, and they struck some chords. They made me think of my situation in a different way, and, without being too melodramatic, a switch was thrown, turning off the strong desire to transition. I am pretty sure that low HRT coupled with her story has worked.  I saw my therapist yesterday, and explained it to her.  Certainly my feelings have changed, and we both agreed that maybe I have reverted to genderfluid. This is something of a relief because social transitioning was the thing that I feared most.  I am trying not to analyse things too deeply, just hoping that the calmness that I feel will remain.   Fingers crossed.   Karen
    • KatieSC
      Precisely my point. These legal "protections" only go so far. When they actually take the time to find out what we need, and mandate all of the coverages, then we will have something tangible. There are many dimensions to the who issue of being transgender. We live in a society where there is much polarization, and I understand the angst from both sides of this issue. Without question, we need better protections, and there needs to be greater sensitivity by all parties as to how to move along to mutual acceptance. We have been demonized across the country, and it is hard to get folks to pull back when the hair on the back of their neck is raised about our mere existence. I will go out on a limb and say that it is also likely that any "in your face" tactics by us, can have a rather negative effect in getting folks across the country to understand and care about us as human beings. That does not even include the political dimensions. I see examples of politicians that sicken me, not just about gender issues, but basic stuff like worrying about defenseless animals, or letting poor kids go hungry by blocking food aid programs. Given Gov. Noem's proclivity for putting animals down with a firearm, it is likely a good thing that none of her children are transgender (at that we know of).   The world is a whacky place at best. The anti-trans sentiments are not only strong in this country, but many countries. Yet, there are places that accept us. I will be dead and decayed by the time they ever figure any of this out.
    • Ivy
      That sux.  I'm in a similar situation with my VA therapist.  She wasn't an intern, but got moved to a different position.  I was really comfortable with her (she was part of the queer community)  I'm supposed to meet with a new one in June.
    • Ivy
      True. I currently get my HRT from the VA (with a copay) but despite the talk, surgery is out.
    • Ivy
      There is something to this.  Young people I know work, but still can't afford to live on their own.  They certainly can't start a family.   I don't think Trump actually did much good for the working class.  He, like most politicians, took care of his rich donors.  Tax cuts always sound nice, but they went mostly to the wealthy.  The tax cuts to the working class were mostly an illusion, small, and temporary.   I'm going to shut up now or I'll get in trouble.
    • missyjo
      but on a real naive level..isn't my sexuality, who I have sex with, like my genitals .only relevant to those I'm inviting to share my bed?   I don't know..but I think he's trying n that's all I can ask. I believe he's struggling to be able to mesh his religious thoughts with somehow still having a sibling..though I'm fairly certain he would pay me, literally, if  I'd I would "just  act normal."."act like a man"and puz all this "sissy -transgender- " stuff aside..and all those other expressions that erase us n ignore us   he asked me not to drag him to any -transgender- bars...like Applebee's? laugh   oh well, trying is better than not, much better   enjoy Tuesday dears   hugs
    • Ivy
      For the most part, yes. But there are some that actually are calling for our eradication - in so many words.  That still means what it means.   https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/cpac-speaker-transgender-people-eradicated-1234690924/  
    • Mmindy
      Both dinners sound great.    We had bratwurst, purple cabbage, scalloped potatoes and applesauce. Followed by a slice of carrot cake and cinnamon tea.    Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Mmindy
      Good morning everyone,    I hope you’re ready for a beautiful day. We’ve had several days of rain and this morning was a clear sunrise leading into a near summer like day. My tulips have dropped all their petals so now it’s time to fill in around them with pansies.    I’m just finishing up my second cup of coffee and getting ready for a day in the shop putting the final touches on a propane training prop. Simulating a bulk transport tank.    Best wishes, stay motivated,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋    
    • Lydia_R
      Congrats Carla!   Hugs, Lydia
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Last night we had a soup made of sausage, potatoes, spinach, and onions.  Also some whole wheat flatbread.   Our meals here are often simple, because we have a huge family. We have to cook cafeteria quantities of everything.
    • Mirrabooka
      Tonight we had a couple of thin cut scotch fillet steaks fried in butter, with a tomato/onion/breadcrumb bake, accompanied with peas & broccolini, with instant mushroom & garlic gravy. 
    • KymmieL
      Happy Birthday, @April Marie
    • Lydia_R
      This is what I've been working on the last few days:   3:38am (the next day) I just pulled up a website to do the arc tangent function because the Windows scientific calculator doesn't do that function.  I entered in the .577 number and did an atan on it and it came back with .523 which is what I was expecting.  The .577 number is the result of the opposite over the adjacent and the .523 is the circumference measure to 30 degrees and is one of those numbers I memorized in February 2004.  That's an interesting story in my book.   So, the lessons I learned last night are that .577 is the result of a ratio.  The idea here is how to convert that decimal back to a ratio.  Andy helped with that last night.  He said "just divide by 10!"  I was like, oh my, that makes sense!  Andy is good for a laugh like that!  I had come home from a walk to the store and was hot on the idea of division and the musical connect to Ed Sheeran and Pink Floyd's The Division Bell.  I don't know either one of them very well, but I am hot on the idea of writing a function that does division.  And that brings up the subject of how a computer does multiplication.  I talked with Andy about that and I said that my dad just beat the multiplication tables into me.  I remember not getting it.  I would tell my dad "why do I have to memorize this stuff?"  And he would say "you just do."  And ironically, it was the same way with trigonometry on the streets.  With trig, the numbers only matter so that you can grasp the concept of it all.  They don't matter, but there is the magic of the sine of 30 degrees being .5 and how that points to 12 and the overtone series / cycle of 5ths.  That's pretty amazing stuff and then Andy was trying to draw a conclusion to 24 hours a day.  I insisted that that application of 24 was man-made and he was not convinced.  Then he brought up the year being about 360 days, or perhaps I brought that up.  That is not a man-made number (365) and it's really odd having that and the connection to 12.  It's just a coincidence, buy Andy was trying to draw some conclusion from it.  And then I brought up the thing with the moon appearing to be the same size as the sun.  And that got Andy brining up more conclusions.   Then I abandoned the conversation and my next thought on the subject was that this whole thing is about ratios and how I was using ratios to do my collision detection before I started studying trig.  I then took a look at the calulators on my screen.  What is this .577 number?  That is not the arc tangent of 30 degrees, is it?  I swear that I'm correct about the arc tangent of 30 degrees being .523.  I've been spouting that number off consistently since Feburary 2004.  So then I got out my Plane Trigonometry book and looked up 30 degrees.  Sure enough, .523 is correct.  But then from having looked at that row of numbers, I got the idea that if you had any one of those numbers and knew which function it was under, then you should be able to figure out the rest.  They are all the result of a ratio and the idea is to convert them back to ratios and cross multiply and divide.  And I mentioned that to Andy, or did he bring up cross multiplying and dividing when I was talking about ratios?  We basically got to that at the same time and I was impressed that Andy knew about it.   So, I think all the keys are here and it's almost time for me to start coding a division function and then a trigonometric function.  If it can be done, I should be able to have this coded in the next couple days, although I'm stretched pretty thin with this political stuff.  We'll see.  It's an interesting project.   One of the key things that got me going on this the other day was how the .3333 number came up.  I had recognized that as 30 degrees expressed in grads.  And that brought up the thought of base 10.  All these hard number calculations started off with 30 degrees which is equivalent to 33.33 grads.  90 degrees = 100 grads, 360 degrees = 400 grads.  I learned that over a decade ago by entering in some of these numbers into a calculator and playing with the grads button.  Anyway.  I love triangulation.  

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.