• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Crossdresser Day

Guest Sandy

I have heard many ideas over the last couple of years on how to let each other no who is a crossdresser. On the second Friday in November, anyone who is a crossdresser or supports a crossdresser, wear a rubberband on your left wrist. A non cder will have no idea why your wearing a rubberband. But we will no and when we pass each other, just smile or wink. I think this might give us an idea of how many of us are out there. This should be very simple and shouldn't attract any undo attention. Other sites I have put this on think its a great idea and we should spread the word. Its scary the first time we wear a pair of panties out for the first time and for those of you who totaly dress. Wow, I wish I could be so brave. I think its time we let each other no who we are. Don't panic and think a friend or your boss will find out. If they do, that means they have been on these sites and they will say nothing, unless they really want to no about cding for themselves. Start spreading the word. Second Friday in November, rubberband on the left wrist. :D

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to know what happened last friday did anyone do thhis and what were the results?

I didnt as i am new here and have only just read this post

Is this something we should do every second friday of each month?

I found out that my good freind and next door neibour is a CD after 3 years of good freidship he told me of this after i told him i was moving to spain

I could not belive it he was sneaking around at home and in the back garden just as much as me

I opened up to him we both could not belive this!!

After all this time we both did not know

We are still in contact by email and phone now and again

I just wish we both knew about this sooner we both could have talked about it

So i think it is a good idea as you may never know untill its too late!!!!

Pip

• 1 month later...

Glad I am checking the back pages. Pip that is a great idea. Sorry for my ignorance, but what country are you from, the flag is not familiar to my limited North American mind.. Got it the second friday in November. Could we change it to the second friday in January.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JoshuaJennifer

I like that idea :)

I've done something close at least, on transgender day of remembrance I wore a red ribbon around my wrist at school (barely anyone knew why apart from my close friends, most people just thought i was being girly since i was CD).

• 2 weeks later...
Glad I am checking the back pages. Pip that is a great idea. Sorry for my ignorance, but what country are you from, the flag is not familiar to my limited North American mind.. Got it the second friday in November. Could we change it to the second friday in January.

Hi Mia 1 The flag is the spanish flag that is where i have lived for the past three years but i am from the uk!

I think you could do this the second friday of any month

XpipX

• 4 years later...

I know this is an old post, but love the idea. How something so plain stand for so much. I believe there needs to be a firm date established. Could we ask Laura or one of the moderators to establish the criteria. I think this is wonderful.

:ove Amber L.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest_

Ok no input. Here is what Iam going to do. I will wear a green (No significance here Green is just my favorite color) rubber band on my left rist every day. Why should we limit ourselves to just one day or one month. Lets be proud of who we are and let each other know who we are. Amber L.

Guest Eve Caillard

Hi Amber

What a fantastic idea! I'm surprised no-one is helping you push this forward. OK - I'm for a green rubber band on my left wrist and let's hope others will follow. I'll wear mine with pride. Come along the rest of you and let's do this! I'll push the idea to the UK Transliving forum as well. Hopefully we'll get something going! Do let me know how it goes!

Eve

Guest Guest_

Eve thanks for the input. I ve been wearing mine since the 6th. have not any response to it as of now, but this is just getting started. Green is my favoriye color and I love it that you chose that color as well. I have been to England several times all while I was in the Airforce. Youre country and city are very beautiful. I really love all the largs churches. Amber L.

Hi Amber

What a fantastic idea! I'm surprised no-one is helping you push this forward. OK - I'm for a green rubber band on my left wrist and let's hope others will follow. I'll wear mine with pride. Come along the rest of you and let's do this! I'll push the idea to the UK Transliving forum as well. Hopefully we'll get something going! Do let me know how it goes!

Eve

• 1 month later...
Guest MichellePetite

Hi All,

I must have been subconsciously expressing my support this way for years!

I am in the habit of marking the pages ofthe books I read with rubber bands and any I remove automatically go onto my left wrist.

At last a logical explanation for the guy who winked at me in the lingerie department of Marks n Sparks! (I was in Mufti at the time!)

LnK

Michelle

You know, I might just have a few green rubber bands laying around, I think I'll see if I can scrounge up one that won't cut off circulation and put it on my left wrist. Thanks for the idea.

Guest Guest_

Hey everyone. Michelle thanks for jaring my mind. This little incident occurred about a month ago in a JC Penney store in Indianpolis. I was just browsing around in the womens section in male mode when I had a sales associate asked if I needed any help. I told her I was just looking. I was wearing a green rubber band on my left wrist, and it caught the eye of the associate. The lady said that the rubber band was intersting, and then she ask me if it meant what she thought it meant. Of course I had to tease a little so I asked her what do you think it means. She then asked me if I was a cross dresser, and I responded proudly that I was. She told me she had read a little about transgendered people, and article about if somone was wearing a rubber band on their left wrist it meant they enjoyed cross dressing. Well what followed was one of the most interesting and wonderful converations I have ever had. She had so many questions, and I am no expert, but she listened so intently. Before it was all over I had practically told her my life story. I wished the converstion had never ended. So I guess it just go to show given ttime things catch on. Remeber be proud of who you are, and live life toits fullest. Love Amber L.

Guest Jocelyn

I think a green rubber band would look great on my left wrist. I am going to watch for them now, looking forward see some.

Guest Eve Caillard

Gosh Amber, that's a lovely story! Congratulations on meeting an interested associate! After being enthusiastic about an indicative green wrist band I looked up other potential meanings and there are a few. But one that I found indicates that it is a young person looking for love. Oops. But now looking again, I can't find that item. I've been on the lookout for a cast away green rubber band but the UK seems to be out of them completely. Once I get one, I'll wear it and see if I get any comments!

Guest MichellePetite

Hi all,

I sourced some down at my local gym/swimming pool - they use coloured rubber bands to denote timings for users they wear them on the wrist sort of thing.

Got a great collection now!

LnK

Michelle