• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Old but New

Guest rikkicd64

Guest rikkicd64

Hi everyone, I'm Rikki, I'm 65 years old, divorced, I live in west Texas. I came out in January 2011, at that time I thought that I was only a

crossdresser, but I have since realized, with the help of a therapist, that I really am transsexual.

I know that coming out so late in life is weird, but I think I had to do it to keep from going insane or committing suicide. I seem to be

happier now than I have ever been. I even like myself now.

The people here at Laura's have really helped me on my journey.I pretty much live as a woman full time now. I hope I can be of help

to others here as to repay the help I have gotten.

Rikki...

Guest Donna Jean

Hey, wait a minute.......I know you~......LOL

Rikki......I'm really happy that you're here.....you have so much to offer....

You know that Lizzy, Sally and I are all over 60 and transitioning/transitioned.....

Hang with us, girl....

Huggs

Dee Jay

• Admin

Well, Rikki, I can't exactly say "welcome to the Playground" when you've been here for many months, but hey, its nice to say hi anyway. :)

Aside from Dee Jay and Lizzy, you've undoubtedly seen JJ's posts, and he's 64 (65? I forget) but looks 35, and there are lots of "mature" folks around here. Me, I'm a kid at 58. :lol: It's never too late to be happy, hon. You can take that to the bank.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest rita63

Rikki As a new old girl (63) thank you for your friendship and help with finding my way. I don't kow yet where this journey will lead but each new turn makes me feel more complete and more myself. It has also helped me deal with some personal problems in the AA chat on Tues. Now I'm out as a crossdresser and an alchoalic and still alive.

Its good to see you arriving at being a transexul it eems to suit you well. We all keep learning and growing and changing and being more ourselves.

Its a pleasure to know Rikki and count her as a friend

hugs rita

Yes...Auntie Michelle agrees, its never too late to become authentic and find the peace that comes with self acceptance.

Best wishes :)

Michelle

Guest Guest_SL

Nice to know age is not a break point for so many. It is for me. This site is as far as I can go but it's pretty nice to have this here. "I even like myself now." How great is that? Why is it so much easier to like others than to like myself?

I'm happy for you Rikki. I'm happy for anyone who can reach that place.

Sara Lee

Welcome, Rikki. I came out seven years ago at age fifty-six. I never been happier.

Guest rikkicd64

My most sincere thanks go out to you ladies, you all have lifted me up, held me close, taken me in as a sister, for that I am ever grateful. May God bless you all.

Dear Sara, you are special.

Rita, I am still loving your beautiful smile.

Many huggs to all of you. Rikki....

Guest miss kindheart

Hi Rikki,

<<< hug >>>

Welcome to Laura's Playground.

Please feel free to come over and chat sometime.

The Chat room does require another registration that is separate from from your forums one.

Please read the chat room rules before coming in, and expect a short interview with one of the chat room moderators.

One of the things that they will ask you is if you read the rules. :)

We have Cross Dressers meetings -Tues 8pm est, and you are welcome to attend.

We all look forward to seeing you.

:wub: vanna

Guest Tamar

It's never too late to be happy, hon. You can take that to the bank. Carolyn Marie.

What she said :)

Rikki,the more mature folk here,yourself included,share a wisdom that is priceless.

I count myself blessed to know you all.