• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I dont know what I am

Guest Luna_Luv2942

Guest Luna_Luv2942

I have been interested in women's clothing for the past two years or so, in the past six months I started dressing in private and only once in public. I first thought I was a crossdresser and I was fine with that but then I started to feel like this was something more than just that. I felt that it wasnt enough, I feel like I was a woman and that I should live my life that way. But I am not sure if that is what I am; I know I am not a man I am sure but I am not sure if I am a woman or something in between. It scares me not knowing what I am and it hurts to be seen in public and recognized as a man. I dont know what to do or how I should go about finding the answer.

• Admin

Welcome to the Playground, Luna. I think you found the right place to get some answers, or at least good information.

Krisina is correct, if you really want to figure out what's in your mind, a gender therapist is the way to go. They won't tell you who or what you are, but they will help you find those answers for yourself, and once you do, what the right path forward will be for you.

I started out cross dressing, a lifetime ago, and while I found that I am transsexual, it is not the case for everyone. If cross dressing gives you the pleasure, or tranquility, or even sexual release that is your desire, then it may be all you'll ever need or want to do. But if there is something inside you that makes you feel like it isn't the clothes that are important, but that you feel you don't really belong in the physical form you were born in, then its a whole different ball game.

Please explore the forums, post any questions or comments you have, read everything that interests you, and learn all you can. You are most welcome to tell us more about yourself in the Introductions Forum, too.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest rikkicd64

Hi Luna, like you I thought I was just a crossdresser, but I realized like you that there was something more going on. I have been seeing a therapist since last November and it has really helped, I now know that I am a trans-woman. So please seek professonal help ,it will make things easier.

Rikki...

Guest Luna_Luv2942

Thank you for all your advice (:

I think that a gender therapist would be best but I wonder about the cost of it. How much do they usually go for?

Guest Eve Caillard

Hi Luna

Good luck. I can't help with the therapy advice but just to let you know I hit the buffers just this year when I discovered I love cross-dressing almost by chance - and it took over my life. I went through some very strange weeks in March as I adjusted but the advice from folks here has been fabulous and helped me enormously (thank you!!). I have been utterly confused, scared, surprised and shocked - all when I thought I was completely settled. But the advice that helped me most was the reassurance: you are OK. Just go with the flow and be who you need to be. I did that and I've already become happier, more confident and looking forward to the future.

Good luck, I wish you well!

Hugs, Eve