• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Cogiati Scores

Guest Emily1

95 members have voted

1. 1. Cogiati Classification

• Regular Male
    • Feminine Male
    • Androgyne
    • Probable Transsexual
    • Transsexual

Hey, I'm just curious how everyone scored on the COGIATI, found here: http://transsexual.org/cogiati_english.html

Also, please post how you identify, not necessarily connected at all to the results on this test

If the poll could be kept to just MTF's, that would make it easier to read, but I'd love some input from FTM's (or cisgendered) on this thread. Non-MTF's can take this test as well, but just have to pretend that they are physically a guy, but still think exactly the same. Also, as always, this test is just for fun and doesn't necessarily mean anything. To better generalize the categories, "probable transsexual" means masculine female and "Transsexual" means female.

I scored 245 on it, 40 and 60 points higher than two of my genetic girl friends. I identify as a girl with a few masculine qualities, just like the test results :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sally

Guest Kelly Ann

This is a wonderful site! Took the test and scored 155...somehow this didn't surprise me (-; I've always been more than a little effeminate...and loved it!

• 3 weeks later...

I took the test and thought I would score in the androgyne block, because although I have a desire to be female, over the years I have been able to hide my female side very well. I am actually very masculine, which I hope to change. Well, to make a long story short-I scored a 405 on the test. That really got me thinking.....java script:add_smilie(%22:blush:%22,%22smid_23%22)

Guest Donna Jean

Well, I too, took the Cogiati test.

Very interesting, but, most certainly rigged!!! :huh:

When I was done it said my results were "Probable Transexual"

Probable??? PROBABLE ???? :blink:

That thing is broken. There's no probable about it....

Dang piece a junk.....

Donna Jean (HUNH! probable!)

I never did too well on tests, but my scores (I took it more than once - mood can effect results) averaged to 325 and listed me as probable transsexual. Much like Donna Jean, I found that odd! :huh: On a Brain Sex test I scored more feminine than the female control group - how does that equate to 'probable'? :unsure:

Maybe if I studied harder I could be a transsexual! :lol: I never thought that it would be something that required homework - I thought you either are or you aren't.

Well I'm off to study, I just haven't applied myself enough! :rolleyes:

Love ya,

Sally

Guest chibi_usa

COGIATI result value is: 170 Which means that you fall within the following category:

COGIATI classification FOUR, PROBABLE TRANSSEXUAL

What this means is that the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory has classified your internal gender identity to be essentially feminine, but with some masculine or androgynous traits. It is very possible that you are a candidate for a diagnosis of transsexualism. You show a strong degree of gender dysphoria. At the very least, further investigation should be undertaken. Your COGIATI score places you among the majority of those diagnosed as transsexuals, the 'late onset' tanssexual.

SUGGESTIONS FOR ACTION:

Your situation is potentially serious and indicative of a probable inborn gender conflict. It is definitely recommended that you pursue further action.

The suggestions for your circumstance are several.

1. It is recommended that you seek help from a sympathetic counselor or professional about your gender issues. It is very possible that over time they will become increasingly difficult to cope with. Early determination of what you really need and want is vital. You need to determine if you truly are transsexual. Keep in mind, thought, that many alternatives exist other than complete sexual transformation. Partial transformation and many other way of existing are available. While you are very possibly a transsexual, COGIATI has determined that this is not absolutely certain. While time is an issue, being certain is more important. Proceed with investigation of your possible transsexuality or transgenderism, but with caution.

2. Some actions may help you to define your needs more clearly. Experimenting with living full time as a woman, taking hormones for a short time under supervision, or taking testosterone suppressers to observe how you feel are all viable options. Keep in mind that while it is very likely that you might be a transsexual, it is not certain. Do not take severe or permanent actions without long thought and the help of counselors and professionals.

3. Your gender issues are real, and should not be ignored. Neither should you rush into acting on them, however powerful they may feel. You do not fit the full criterion for the rarest classification, classic transsexuality, and so should be cautious, and open to possibilities. You may yet end up undergoing transition, and the path of the transsexual may well be your salvation. Be very careful, but do not ignore your issues.

4. If you have not already, consider joining any of the thousands of groups devoted to gender expression of various kinds. There is literally a world of friends to discover who share your interests. There are also publications, vacations, and activities that would expand your gender expression

It says maybe O_o and I was so sure I was lol!

I never did too well on tests, but my scores (I took it more than once - mood can effect results) averaged to 325 and listed me as probable transsexual. Much like Donna Jean, I found that odd! :huh: On a Brain Sex test I scored more feminine than the female control group - how does that equate to 'probable'? :unsure:

Maybe if I studied harder I could be a transsexual! :lol: I never thought that it would be something that required homework - I thought you either are or you aren't.

Well I'm off to study, I just haven't applied myself enough! :rolleyes:

Love ya,

Sally

Hi sally I have never ben good in school. I am as a probable. Mind if we study together? :huh:

Hi sally I have never ben good in school. I am as a probable. Mind if we study together? :huh:

That would be great, I'm just not too sure where to find the textbooks. Maybe we need to start school all over again in Gendergarden! :D

I know that the final is completely 'pass'/fail. :rolleyes:

That should cover the educational humor for now, these tests are all just a way to try to help us 'find' ourselves - but they all are based entirely on stereotypes and an either or approach to gender. And as we all know, "It ain't necessarily so!"

Love ya,

Sally

It's meant for people who are unsure and how it works is that each answer either gives you -10, -5, 0, 5, or 10 depending on how masculine or feminine the choices were.

Guest Dutchie

Tests can be so funny and easy to manipulate...

Anyway, despite I don't like hugs (who, except my closet friends and family, dares to enter my private square meter??) and some other old-fashioned ideas associated with feminininininininininininity, I did score 380.

I always dread the moment of the beginning of the working day, people in France have the strange habit of kissing or shaking hands with their colleagues when they arrive at work. Some do come way too close for my liking...

Anyway, this thread isn't about that, so move along, nothing to see here... :lol:

That would be great, I'm just not too sure where to find the textbooks. Maybe we need to start school all over again in Gendergarden! :D

I know that the final is completely 'pass'/fail. :rolleyes:

That should cover the educational humor for now, these tests are all just a way to try to help us 'find' ourselves - but they all are based entirely on stereotypes and an either or approach to gender. And as we all know, "It ain't necessarily so!"

Love ya,

Sally

:lol:

There is a section entitled "Word on COGIATI". The creator did not intend to be egalitarian. The ancient stereotypes that men are better at math and women are more empathic are, (apparently) according to studies which the creator cited, ON AVERAGE, true. That's what that section will tell you. There's a whole explanation for exactly how they made the test. They did not intend for it to 'look good'; they meant for it to work. And I should also point out that I, along with at least one other biogirl, test in the same range. (I then retook it and tested increasingly close to Androgyne until I was scoring solidly in the Androgyne range. My last result when I flipped the test so I could take it accurately was 90. I consider that the most accurate result, despite the skewage from past experience.)

You ladies know you're transsexual. If you're taking that test after you know, then the test is fairly meaningless, since the target group is the pre-hrt, pre-srs, POTENTIAL MTF transsexual. (It's fun to see where you test, but it doesn't have the same weight that it does if you take it while you're trying to figure everything out.)

The most important things to keep in mind are (1) The COGIATI was made by a layperson, not a doctor, and (2) They meant for it to be a prototype. Professionals have apparently started using it, but not by their suggestion.

Hey, I'm just curious how everyone scored on the COGIATI, found here: http://transsexual.org/cogiati_english.html

Also, please post how you identify, not necessarily connected at all to the results on this test

If the poll could be kept to just MTF's, that would make it easier to read, but I'd love some input from FTM's (or cisgendered) on this thread. Non-MTF's can take this test as well, but just have to pretend that they are physically a guy, but still think exactly the same. Also, as always, this test is just for fun and doesn't necessarily mean anything. To better generalize the categories, "probable transsexual" means masculine female and "Transsexual" means female.

I scored 245 on it, 40 and 60 points higher than two of my genetic girl friends. I identify as a girl with a few masculine qualities, just like the test results :D

I also want to point out that THIS score is yet another "Probable Transsexual", basically because her math and spatial reasoning abilities are off the charts.

Anyway...

Em, you know my first score, 185. The series of scores after that was... 130, 40, -90 flipped to 90. The last one is once I figured out how to flip the test, and that way I test Androgyne.

~Rey

Guest sara w.

Your COGIATI result value is: 280 Which means that you fall within the following category:

COGIATI classification FOUR, PROBABLE TRANSSEXUAL

What this means is that the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory has classified your internal gender identity to be essentially feminine, but with some masculine or androgynous traits. It is very possible that you are a candidate for a diagnosis of transsexualism. You show a strong degree of gender dysphoria. At the very least, further investigation should be undertaken. Your COGIATI score places you among the majority of those diagnosed as transsexuals, the 'late onset' tanssexual.

i can't belive it said probable i know for sure that im a transsexual

Guest Emily.SoCal

I've taken this a few times in the past year or so and I always seem to get 215, probable transsexual. Apparently the range for "probable" is 130-389. I was really surprised (offended as a woman even) that I wasn't at least over 300 even though I myself am in some doubt about whether I am a very female transgendered person or a transsexual. On the other hand, this reaction (rather than the score) kind of told me a lot about where I'm at and how I'm feeling! Still though, the scoring for the COGIATI should definitely be taken with a grain of salt; some of the scoring is questionable, particularly those questions that are based on the fallacy that "girls are bad at math". It's still a fun little test though. I mean, I keep taking it don't I? Hehehe. ;)

I got androgyne both tomes I took it so I took the other test to deal with MF character traits and scored hugely female I forget what the score was but it was way over on the other side in the f zone.

I am and will live my life as a non transgender person who lives as XX when I can and interacts as XY in public .

I would never pass as a woman which is odd since I can't pass as a straight male .

The test was fun .

Thanks

Cerise

Hi everyone I scored 270 twice now hmm so I guess I am probably transsexual LOL. I knew that already. Still it is an interesting test guess I need to seek out a therapist now thought about doing online therapy thing has anyone tried that yet. Lnow therapist in my area that deals with being a transsexual.

Laura

Guest Elizabeth K

360 - for what its worth :o

If I remember correctly - duhhhh - took it a month ago

"probable transsexual" wow - I NEVER KNEW THAT [stupid test - of course I know that] :P

Liz

Guest Sarah Marie
i can't belive it said probable i know for sure that im a transsexual

That is my reaction as well. Still, my score did come back at 310 (whatever that means.) I do have one beef with the testdesigner. There were several questions that the most accurate answer for me actually is "none of the above." The lack of this option weakens its reliability as an aid to self understanding. Still, it is intriguing, if biased.

Guest stephphorever

I scored a 295 and was listed as a probable transsexual. I agree with Donna Jean, this Piece of Crap is busted.

Fooey (friggin probable)

Ah well, its justa test anyway, what do i care? lol

Love ya,

Steph

(this is directed at the other people posting not the test)

(I hate you test)

I may eventually take this but I'm still kinda sickened from the last couple of impressions of similar test, I guess. On both occasions I scored in the Prob. TS range much to my little excitement. I've known this for years now. I've just never been one to buy into this kinda thing. I don't know, maybe it's just me when I consider one a misplaced girl when they think, behave and speak as I do and have since the begin prac. No offense to anyone who credits and supports this though, sincerely. But some of the questions I've seen on these are frankly, just plain silly. How's this one: "Do you typically prefer to back into a parking space?" Come on, Ladies-can we get any more ridiculous?

I hate meddling in stuff that has nothing to do with me but....(and "ha ha" to those of you who know me and hollered out "oh really?")

But, I keep running over this thread in the course of approving posts a lot of times and the thing I notice is the problem everyone has is with the word "probable". My question is, is there a classification worded "definately" a transsexual even available on that test?

And if its not, it sounds as if its worded from the perspective of someone (clinical) who doesn't see transsexuality as a "desirable" outcome.

I hate meddling in stuff that has nothing to do with me but....(and "ha ha" to those of you who know me and hollered out "oh really?")

But, I keep running over this thread in the course of approving posts a lot of times and the thing I notice is the problem everyone has is with the word "probable". My question is, is there a classification worded "definately" a transsexual even available on that test?

And if its not, it sounds as if its worded from the perspective of someone (clinical) who doesn't see transsexuality as a "desirable" outcome.

My thoughts are in range with yours somewhat in that I can't help but to think some of these questions are composed by non-TS/TG individuals. I wouldn't be staggered by hearing this anyway. In my opinion, this would carry the weight or credibility of those that write, "How to raise you child" books and have none of their own, to use an analogy.

This test does have "transsexual" as one possibility, but it is not that common to get it. Keep in mind the following:

"The Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory is precisely and narrowly targeted to the Male-to-Female Pre-Operative, Pre-Transitional individual who is currently unsure of what they really want or who they really are.

The COGIATI is designed to help this type of individual specifically to begin to solidify a basic stance from which to seek additional assistance.

The COGIATI exists to help the unsure come to some sort of grasp of things in order to begin to solve their issues. It can also be used to confirm or question existing self definitions."

So those of us who are sure now, the test does not say that you cannot be, it just doesn't want to tell someone that they are TS when they might still believe they are not.

I hate meddling in stuff that has nothing to do with me but...

oh really?

My thoughts are in range with yours somewhat in that I can't help but to think some of these questions are composed by non-TS/TG individuals. I wouldn't be staggered by hearing this anyway. In my opinion, this would carry the weight or credibility of those that write, "How to raise you child" books and have none of their own, to use an analogy.

Actually, it was written by a TS, but as I said (sorry didn't see your post), this test doesn't want to diagnose you unless it's pretty sure that you are TS.

Well, I scored a 370 but as others had posted there were a few dumb questions like the backing up the car question. I live in New York city if you can't back a car into a parking spot you will end up sleeping in it. I suppose this is true for all urban areas. The childhood play questions. I was a weird little kid that stuttered and spent a lot of time alone . And the hugging questions who wants some person you don't know throwing their arms around you- yuck. If they or I'm crying and upset yeah that is understandable. and very comforting.

doodle