• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

April 25th - A HUGE Day for Kael

Guest KaelParker

Guest KaelParker

Hey guys,

Today was a 100% incredible day. Such a great day for my transition; leaps and bounds down the path. I know I've been lacking on keeping all of you up to date, so here's the latest.

My name change has been posted in the legal notice section of the local paper and today was the final day that it was posted. I've now had it announced four times in the paper and all I have left to do now is wait until May 25th, at which date my name change becomes legal.

Secondly, and even more exciting (hard to believe, I know), today was my first appointment with my endocrinologist! He was a great guy and very nice and understanding. I really got along with him and he was willing to listen to questions and explained in detail when asked. His staff was also very awesome. I had hopes (though small) that I would get my first shot today, but I wasn't holding my breath. However, he announced toward the end of the appointment that that I could begin TODAY! (: His nurse came in and gave me my very first shot of [dosage removed] mg testosterone enthanate. Then he came in and wrote me the prescription for the testosterone and needles. I'll be taking that amount every two weeks and I'll have a follow up in six months!

So, happy T-day to me! Everyone says that the effects of testosterone take awhile to feel, but I disagree. Immediately afterward, I felt this enormous wave of relief and pure joy. Even if it's indirect, testosterone had the instant effect of making me happy. I'm so excited to begin this stage of my journey. Thank you all so much for being here for me. Please give me any advice about starting testosterone, self-injecting, when you experienced certain changes, and so on.

Much love,

Kael

Edited by ~Brenda~
dosage removed almost missed it
Guest ~Brenda~

Hi,

I am very happy that you are happy :) Your doctor is the one to be asking questions about self-injecting, etc. Please understand our position. We cannot advise on medical matters regardless of experience.

Love

Brenda

Guest KaelParker

Yikes, sorry about posting the dosage for myself. I didn't realize that was an issue! And I will ask again about self-injecting.

Thank you for your support so far!

Guest ~Brenda~

It's all OK about the dosages. I know that you forgot. Laura's position is unwavering.... no medical advice can be given due to serious legal reasons. Questions about self-injecting must be asked of your doctor, not from us. I do hope that I make that crystal clear to you.

Brenda

• Admin

Fantastic news, Kael. To have a doctor willing to talk to you thoroughly is very good; lots of docs get rushed and act like they're doing you a favor by answering questions. It's also a very common thing to feel a sense of calm or euphoria after taking your first dose. We women get that too. :)

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest Ney'ite

Wow - this is just wonderful Kael! I have been following your posts and from your mom - I know the struggles you have had to deal with from family members - but you know, when I was reading your post and came to the part where you found out you would get your shot TODAY? Believe it or not, I actually felt a tear of joy welling up in my eye - so young man, congrats!!! Let the roller coaster ride begin!

"Get in - Sit down - Zip it - and Hang On!!"

Guest KaelParker

Aww, thank you so much for your heart-felt post Bette. :) It was such an incredible feeling to hear that from him. My heart started pounding and I felt a little bubble of hope that I had grow to fill my entire chest. It was such a rush of emotion and joy. :) Thank you for the congrats. I can't wait for the ride!

Kael,

I too have followed your journey through your posts and those made by your mother, and brother, I am soooo happy for you now!!

What a great day for YOU!!!

I absolutely LOVE it when things go well. And that feeling when the first taste of HRT is met with joy from an over-expenctant brain? I am at a loss for words to describe the immensity of such relief and joy, but you know that feeling now, too, so YOU tell US! lol...

So happy for you, Kael!

Happy, happy!

:) Svenna

WOW!

A lot going on, and all good stuff.

I am so happy to see things are really moving for you now - I can still remember those early days for me and the excitement of that first dose is still to come for you - enjoy the journey, this is something that no one else can ever feel.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest KaelParker

I'll never forget how that felt. The sting of the needle and then the realization... Just, wow. It was so wonderful. I was smiling like a goon the whole time.

Guest Talon

Kael,

That is awesome!! About T AND the name change :D I'm so happy for you, man! I just started T myself two days ago but my doctor put me on gel to start with and then I can switch to shots later when he sees how I react to it and what my levels are. I can't wait to hear how you feel on T and how the changes happen for you, please let us know :)

I also felt elated and kind of satisfied immediately after my first dose. I have the theory that it was half the T and half placebo effect because just knowing that you're finally on T is such a step forward and takes away a huge bunch of worries :)

Big steps Dude! So cool! Now the hardest thing is to be patient about the changes I guess, ha ha! I feel that way anyways.

High Fives!

Talon.

Just look at all the guys getting their T these days!

Wow, looks like the 'Laura's HRT Class of 2012' is growing by leaps and bounds...

So much joy! So very lovely to see, too, so very lovely..

:) :) Svenna

Guest Elizabeth K

Oh Kael! GOOD FOR YOU on all that... yuppers - a nip of the needle and... you are on your way to being your true self!

GRATS!

Lizzy

Guest Exeter

That's brilliant, Kael! B)

Can't say I'm not jealous of you other guys starting T lately ;) but I'm also happy for you. I hope everything goes well.