• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Doctor Says "wow"

Guest TBForLife

Guest TBForLife

So my doctor saw me for the first time in three months today. He refused to help me get T and three months ago I started self medicating.

So the first thing he said was that I look great, he says he had no idea how amazing the changes would be or how happy he'd see me now that I have T.

Second thing he said was that although the pills I'm taking ARE testosterone- they are pills and VERY bad for my liver. He went over the signs of a weak liver with me and drew up some blood and urine tests to be done asap. He and I then looked up what kind of testosterone he should give me, and decided that I would have to talk to my endo in less than 10 days.

He asked why I'm still taking the pills and didn't understand that not ALL changes on T are permanent and that it has to be taken forever to keep me stable as a man.

He was under the impression that once you turn into a male with T thats it- youre male. He kinda had no idea that you had to maintain the hormone levels by continuing the T therapy over the rest of your life so I explained that part to him.

He's sure that my endo will give me T and if he does not he said that he will likely do it for me with advice from the endo. He's willing to give me my shots and everything there.

Now here's my issue with shots. I take pills every day- I have a steady level of T thats ALWAYS the same because I'm taking the same pill at the same time every day. With the injections I'm terrified of the ups and lows. I know sustanon has a 4 ester release that goes over time but thats not available in Canada.

SO what IS available in Canada that isn't an all at once shot? Time release? Any experiences?

Ok then I went to my counselor and she says I look phenominal. She was FLOORED. The secretary asked me if I had been working out that I looked wild, like she had no words "OMG YOURE SO GOOD LOOKING, I mean YOU LOOK SO GOOD, I mean WOW ! REALLY!" so that was GREAT. The child care provider thats there would not stop looking at me like an alien and saying "So different, so good" so here's my ego boosters. I am getting these amazing compliments from everyone.

The counselor said "even your mood is two hundred times better, you're on the right track love" Shes Super nice. We talked about how I dont have an eating disorder anymore and how im not anxious or upset anymore and she's going to push my doctor to give me T legally.

The doctor on the other hand said "ONLY TWO OF THESE PILLS A DAY MAX!!!" and NO FAT OR SALT! (looking at my gut) I'm now 5'8" and 160 lbs of man :D and very very happy.

No matter how many compliments you get, it will never replace havin a liver. You're going to get the legal deal. Do that, and save your liver. The couple of days will be fine. Injections do have a high point at the beginning of the cycle and a low point at the end but it does release every day. T is suspended. The high point is because of the introduction in the shot. The low point you hear about is because the 7 to 10 day release occurs for a lot of peeps when their schedule is every two weeks. Its why some guys ask to break it in half and inject every week. Eliminates the low area. Taking a shot is wwway easier than damage that can kill you.

There's a reason you haven't heard of the pill version Keane, they're banned in most states because of the high likelihood of irrepairable damage.

I am glad you changed TB. Now (as a stranger, and you can ignore me) I'd like for you to stay living and healthy on the right medication.

Guest TBForLife

Yeah the pills are bad for you no doubt, my doctor always said that I was enough of a man without T and that I dont need it. Well now that I took these and he sees how awesome the results are, he's seeing that he does need to get me on legal T. I forced his hand. I hope that the little damage I've done to my body isn't going to kill me or anything but it's better than suicide feelings or not getting out of bed at all.

I mean...suicide kills you worse than liver failure. We're going to figure out what the right meds are. Hopefully on the 21st!

Guest Jackson

The injections are not bad. I do it every week and I've not even noticed the ups and downs. Even though I'm a pharmacist, I don't do it always exactly seven days. I've gone nine or ten days and never had a problem.

Guest TBForLife

Hearing that kind of makes me feel better.

I'm just so sensitive that I can feel my levels- like I know the way I feel if I miss a dose is like *blah* I missed last night from passing out watching a movie and I feel like hell right now. Going to do my blood tests tomorrow because I have to take my morning dose- hence I have to eat. I just feel like I got run over right now. Like not even hungry but I'm going to make myself eat and take a pill.

I hope injections are better than this when it comes to a "low"

8 more days and I hope to be on T !

I'm actually going through that right now....[cries internally-lol] my levels are at the end -shots due tomorrow.....but considering how.....they won't let me use the word.....how "bad" its been this end of two weeks I can see I'm gonna have to go to weekly. I was hopin to avoid havin to take a weekly shot <_< It's not like it hurts or anything its just a pain to have to do it lol. Then again, I hate havin to do anything extra including take allergy medicine.I think I need a thread to vent lol.

Guest TBForLife

So then your advice would be to go weekly?

I feel you man...I've slept all day and haven't eaten and that's simply missing one time taking these things. SO yeah I need something like a WEEKLY shot not every two weeks.

My clinic is close and I'll pick up how to give it to myself pretty quick I'm sure.

Dear god! you can self-medicate here in Canada? I don't care if I kill myself doing it. If I don't have to depend on the crappy doctors I live near I'll be more then happy.

Somthing is on my mind though, can you only get pills for self medicating or are you able to get shots? Either way, I'm going to look into it and start it as soon as I possible can. Did you just go down to the drug store and buy some? Do share!

I'm so happy I browse around this forum.

Guest TBForLife

K well honestly self medicating can kill you.

Yes doctors are crap but if you live near Toronto there's a better way. I have kids so this was not an option.

Just go to 333 Sherbourne on a drop in clinic date and tell them you are homeless in Toronto and looking for medical care.

Don't take anything that ups your testosterone. This is a very bad idea. These products are geared toward men. If you have ovaries you'll just screw yourself so hard because you'll make even more estrogen.

The pills that you can take that will contain actual testosterone are banned in Canada. No one will sell them to you. They are very hard to come by. You can find other sources online but again, do you trust them?

They might even just take your money and send you nothing at all. Most steroids are illegal or controlled so the chances of A) finding them B) getting a seller that will actually honestly send them and C) them making it to you are slim to none.

Often times just threatening to self medicate is enough to get some doctors to medicate you or at least provide a quicker route to real treatment.

Either that or have a "mental break down" and commit yourself to a hospital stating that you are unhappy with your life because you can not be your true self and it's all too much to handle.

There are better ways, safer ways, to get testosterone than self medicating.

I myself am taking a pill that contains a synthetic form of testosterone. BUT I am running a HIGH RISK of liver failure. My doctors are trying to get me off of it ASAP but need to make sure I'm not going to die first before they put me on any new medication.

So this being said, self medicating can mess up your chance of getting T. Do enough damage with self medication and your doctors won't be able to get you the real deal.

Yes doctors are ignorant to trans issues, yes it's hard to find a good doctor. Just come to Toronto and check out the programs they have for trans people!

If you need any more info on getting T in this area hit me up I can give you all the links you need.

Yeah I found a pill that doesn't really raise your 'T level' but it'll deepen my voice and help hair growth on my body. It's safe for females and males to take.

I'm doing alot of research into it, anyway.

Honestly. If I die doing it I don't care. I'll die happy to die just so I can atlest live a small bit of my life as I should have. The only doctor around here that can help me is a whole day trip and 300$ or more..for EVERY trip. My last doctor already drained me of hundreds then went on some nonesense thing about how my mother might of screwed me up and hes not sure if he should start me now. Pure BS. I can afford a bottle a month, and I can afford to slowly buy FTM products but I can't afford risky day trips that could result in another bad doctor and the loss of my apparment.

I'll send you a msg to see which products you used, although I'm pretty content with the one I found so far.