• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A Videogame Idea

Guest JohnV

Guest JohnV

Well, I'm going to college at Full Sail University in Florida to learn to be a Game Designer/Game Artist.

I have a variety of story lines for videogames, but one of my favorites is my transgendered main character. One of the features of the game would be that you can change your gender at anytime, so the main character has a male/female representation of themselves that you can choose to be whenever. Each gender has different perks, etc.

It's a fun idea to play with and my boyfriend thinks it'd be pretty badass idea. I think it'd be funny to seduce a group of men as a really attractive woman then drag them back into an alleyway and beat their faces with my manly fists of glory xD

I have a lot of other ideas, and usually all of my games have transgender/gay characters, even if the main character is not. It'll be fun to play around with all of the possibilities. Don't worry, transgender gaming is on it's way. :thumbsup:

Guest kelise

I'd be really careful. If done tastefully, a videogame like this might be capable of giving at least some people insight into what it's like to suffer from gender dysphoria and overcoming the struggles we face. On the other hand, it would be a hard sell because it's unlikely anyone outside the trans community would be able to relate and therefore it probably wouldn't be very marketable. If done in poor taste, I.E. riding stereotypes, poking fun of us, etc, will only reinforce those stereotypes and damage our position more, especially amongst an already fairly homo/transphobic audience.

Come to think of it more...I would LOVE to see a highly cinematic, dramatic RPG style game that brings the player into the world of GID. Get the player really emotionally involved you know. With good writing and dialogue, it could be possible to really get players to feel what it's like to be trapped in the wrong body. Start the game by having the player answer gender-based questions about themselves, rather than the character they want to play, then have the game start right out in a young teenage body that's completly opposite what the player answered. Have the player then deal with some overbearing parents really enforcing gender roles on them. Throw in temptations like clothes and activitys that are forbidden because of their body. Then the gameplay would progress by solving puzzles that involving finding and talking to the right people, trying to earn money, etc, that would allow the player to work out issues with friends/family and begin transition. The ultimate goal of the game is to acheive a peaceful happy life that fits the preferences.

Guest JohnV

YOU GO TO FULLSAIL!!! so do I!!

THATS AWESOME!

We should meet up! I'm still not on campus yet. I live in IL so I have to move to FL.

This is very exciting.

Guest Jo-88

I was on campus for the first half of my program (M.S. Entertainment Business) but I moved to Tallahassee and switched to online, but I still visit the area from time to time.

Guest JohnV

I don't go to Full Sail, but live about 20 mins from the Orlando campus. Is that where you're going?

Yeah I'm going to campus haha. I'll be living in the area too c: Gee, It's gonna be exciting for sure.