• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Curves

Guest Kalynn

I asked a question a couple days ago, but with the server move my account and posts were lost. So I ask again: What can be done to decrease or eliminate womanly curves in the torso? Would hormones have any effect? Is there any kind of surgery?

Guest CharlieRose

Testosterone redistributes your fat, taking it from things like your butt and breasts and packing it on in a more masculine arrangement. It does the same with your face, taking it out of your cheeks and putting it in your brow. Plus, it makes you more muscular, which also helps give you a more guy-like shape.

So, yes, hormones will take care of that.

Guest little boy blue
Thanks for your help. :)

You can bind, as well. Binders work for the chest and the torso in a similar way that cinchers and corsets- they flatten where you want them to. They come in tank tops, full shirts, body suits, etc.

Guest TBForLife

Seriously I used to be the most curvacious and bootylicious female in the world. My bottom was the stuff of legends.

I used to use my rear to open doors when I was pushing my stroller and I had three pregnancies worth of baby fat on me to add to it.

Taking T and working out did wonders for me, I have a recent pic in my gallery showing how awesomely kind T has been to me.

I went from 36 hips 24 waist 38 bust to a straight 33. Thats the first, best and fastest change I noticed. Now if only I could grow a beard!

Guest TBForLife

Oh an my biggest binding tip is to mold not mash.

If you can't get em flat to your chest, don't fret just make sure you can hold them in place where a man's pecks would be and it will look fine no matter your bust size :)

I'm not worried about breasts so much as I'm worried about dipping in at my waist and flaring out at the hips.

Thanks for the input though. I've tried binding, but I think I was doing it wrong, "mashing" lol.

Guest My_Genesis

haha this is a kind of interesting topic...

this makes no sense but ive done it multiple times and kept coming up with 34-34..and forgot the hip one lol

anyway, i was wondering if the redistribution thing also applies to bones or just to fat..lol

since pelvic bones in male vs. female skeletons are different, it seems odd that someone could end up a straight 33 if they stll had a female-shaped pelvis..

Guest TBForLife

Oh with me it was all fat around my hips. I've had three pregnancies! (you'd never even know now)

I had padding everywhere!

Seriously when I bind I use medical tape and just tape so they're held up. Just ONE strip of tape from the bottom of the breast to the shoulder worked for me when I had a chest. Just to hold it in place. Lots of guys have chest fat, it's just WHERE the chest fat SITS that makes the man or the woman chest shape. No matter what size you are.

Kind of like suspenders...To hold my chest up in the right place. After 10 years of binding I wish I figured this one out sooner. To think I started off with ace bandages and saran wrap ewwwww.

But yes, T moves all that bum and thigh fat up to where you need it on the tummy!