• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Just Sharing My Excitement

Guest Emily1

Totally random, I know, and probably not even worth a thread, but I wanted to share what happened yesterday:

After I got home from school, some group called (not sure who it was anymore) asking for my parents. When I told them that they were unavailable, the people on the other end said that it was ok, they'd call back and "thank you ma'am"!!!!!!!

This is not the first time that I got ma'am'd of course, but its just been a while. I am so lucky that I have a lot of feminine characteristics - even before I realized that I was TS, so I wasn't in any way intentionally acting feminine, I would get called "miss" or "ma'am" all the time!

Guest Sarinah

I work in a female dominated profession and although I am not "out of the closet" at work, I frequently get people telling me thank you ma'am when I am on the phone. I guess my voice is more feminen or neutral then I thought.

I totally understand your excitement as I have felt it before for the same reason. It really is good when you are taken as a woman, and it gives you a sense of pride in yourself. I am glad that happened to you.

Totally random, I know, and probably not even worth a thread, but I wanted to share what happened yesterday:

After I got home from school, some group called (not sure who it was anymore) asking for my parents. When I told them that they were unavailable, the people on the other end said that it was ok, they'd call back and "thank you ma'am"!!!!!!!

This is not the first time that I got ma'am'd of course, but its just been a while. I am so lucky that I have a lot of feminine characteristics - even before I realized that I was TS, so I wasn't in any way intentionally acting feminine, I would get called "miss" or "ma'am" all the time!

Boy do I know that feeling. I have a lot of fem characteristics as well and for me, passing is rather easy because of it.

Even if I tell people my masculine name, they think it's the shortened feminine version.

Guest sophula3

Even though you already told me this, just thought I'd express my congratulatory feelings again. I'm really glad that this happened to you, and that it made you so happy. (See, I told you you didn't have to worry about your voice; it sounds feminine even when you're not trying!) Love ya lots, Em!

Oh, and congrats to everyone else that has passed succesfully, whether on the phone or during life in general. Based on Emily's reaction, it's an amazing feeling. And happiness is what makes the world go round!! (Well, love too, obviously...but you know what I mean.) Congratulations, again.