• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Allergic reaction makeup

Guest otter-girl

Guest otter-girl

Oh oh. Skin on the bridge of my nose is going puffy the day after applying make up. No idea if its the make up or the remover thats doing it. Maybe skin needs to adjust. Grrr.

Rachel.

Guest Jo-88

Oh oh. Skin on the bridge of my nose is going puffy the day after applying make up. No idea if its the make up or the remover thats doing it. Maybe skin needs to adjust. Grrr.

Rachel.

Same thing here, I have yet to find out which specific product is causing it, but every time I get some practice in, it literally burns my face... I have been peeling for a couple days now after applying then removing the makeup. It gets me real bad on my cheeks right below my eyes... hurts actually.

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Well, did you notice it when you had makeup on....or after you took it off?

You can always try a different makeup remover and if that doesn't work, then you know it's the makeup.

Guest otter-girl

Are you moisturizing?

Dee Dee, Been using Garnier Ultra lift at night. Also used it after makeup removal so wonder if that was too soon.

Its not happening on non makeup days so it's not the Ultralift on its own.

Well, did you notice it when you had makeup on....or after you took it off?

You can always try a different makeup remover and if that doesn't work, then you know it's the makeup.

Lizzie, I only noticed it next day as the makeup was coming off near bedtime so not noticing reaction immediately. Will need to experiment more.

Rachel

Guest avamae

It is probably your make-up remover, or what you wash your face with might be harsh on your skin. The make hypo-allergenic (sp) make-up that is nice. Another big problem is combining certain products they can cause a chemical reaction making your skin react badly. I used to get really irritated skin from makeup remover, I switched to using baby wipes as a make-up remover, and doesnt harm the skin. I hope this somewhat helps :) ~hugs~

-Ava