• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Breasts - Chest ... Mind/Body & Emotional Connection

Guest Juniper Blue

Guest Juniper Blue

Hi All,

This post could probably be posted under general trans as well but I thought that I would post it here to get more of an androgynous perspective. I have noticed since the double mastectomy (last December) that there are times when I feel very "maternal" ( which is part of how I sometimes feel ... and have always felt) but now, I notice that occasionally when I feel "maternal" it seems odd that I no longer have breasts ... I guess I never realized that I somehow associated my breasts with this "maternal" side.

Interestingly, I associate my chest/pectoralis muscles with a strong, protective and "masculine" quailty. Perhaps this is because my pecs were always unusually strong ... (I used to free weight bench a max of 185) when I only weighed 150 ... which is unsusual for most women not using steroids.) I associated my chest with pride, confidence and power.

It was strange to have a body that had both the "feminine" characteristic of breasts ( with which I suffered extreme dysphoria, yet, sometimes felt a certain degree of connection with when I felt nurturing) yet .. there was this stark contrast of also having the (literally) underlying masculine quality of a powerful chest.

This is hard to articulate but I hope I am making sense.

Well ... the point that i am trying to make is I realize now, without the breasts, that I remain very "maternal" at times... just as "maternal" as ever, in fact. I realize that this "motherly" side of me, felt somehow related to my breasts but was clearly my innate nature ... a fundamental part of my personatily ... quite disctinct and separate from my physical body.

I am not especially surprised by this finding ... yet ... I suppose that it reaffirms that my androgyny goes beyond my external appearance and is truly woven into the fabric of my mind.

"Bossomy" Hugs, :friends:

Juniper

Guest Robin Winter

I just love your posts ^_^ And, I think you were very articulate, it was very well said.

"Bossomy" Hugs, *Grins*

Guest Micha

I am not especially surprised by this finding ... yet ... I suppose that it reaffirms that my androgyny goes beyond my external appearance and is truly woven into the fabric of my mind.

"Bossomy" Hugs, :friends:

Juniper

Absolutely.

I've long felt that if my anatomy had me assigned female, I'd still feel "off." Maybe a little more comfortable in my skin, but still not whole. You's absolutely right, it's more than appearance, it's more the flesh and bone - be it consciousness, spirit or soul, it's who we are, not what we're made of.

Bosomy hugs. . . :lol:

Guest Juniper Blue

Awwww ... Happy "Mother's Day" Micha and Shilo!

I like to celebrate this day as a day to celebrate those who have been nurturing and kind ... those who have made tea, baked cookies, provided band-aides for scraped knees, listened to long sobby stories, prepared delicious dinners, and given sweet hugs just when they were needed most.

More Bossomy Hugs to ALL! :friends:

JB

Guest Alder

huh, i never really thought of such things before. Reading it from an others mind though, does make it click in my own that I feel very similar though possibly slight variations due to slight differences in personality. I've always generally been a nurturing person, the one to take care of the friends who partied to hard, referred to as the "mother hen" while fussing over guests and sick persons so I know it is very in my nature to take care of people, with or without my breasts(as I usually feel more masculine while doing typically socially female things such as cooking, but not cleaning.. cleaning makes me feel more feminine) Anyway.. I think I've gone off on a ramble and I"ve completely lost my train of thought.

-adds in his own bosomy hugs-

Guest Juniper Blue

Happy "Mother's Day" to you Alder!

Here are some intersting defintions tha ti found for bosom:

The breast regarded as the source of feelings or the seat of inmost thoughts.

the enclosign space formed by the breast and arms in embracing

The inside midst as: "in the bosom of one's family"

to embrace

as an adjective" cherished; intimate a bosom companion

(*** I have seen also at times, mostly in older writing and poetry where a "male" chest is referred to as a bosom. So ... the bosom is, most definitely, an androgynous gift!)

:friends: More bosomy love to all!

Juniper