• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Finally Wore Stockings For The First Time

Guest kris devereux

Guest kris devereux

this morning i finally decided to put on the stockings for the first time this morning, all i can say is oh god i looked so cute in them,but i wore them for another reason as well it's cold here in virginia,but one question through can you put them on under jeans with socks as well or does it look stupid, also as part of that my left leg's been killing me for the last couple of days because i've had surgeries done on my legs so i can bend them & walk.

Guest Elizabeth K

Hey - enjoy

I have been wearing hoisery for a long time - I use panty hose or tights in the winter when it gets cold - woment have that trick down right.

When it gets hotter, you may want to switch to knee-hi or trousser socks.

Be careful, hoisery is expensive and it is really easy to tear it up (thats why I like tights).

Good luck on your journey

Before I knew what a cross dresser or transsexual was, long before I knew that I was a transsexual - I discovered stockings. I used to wear them (seamed) under my jeans and socks. I was in love with the silky feel and was so happy when they came out with seamless stockings. Imagine my joy when they introduced pantyhose! In my teen years I really came to know that just dressing wasn't ever going to be enough, but I still love the feel of nylons - I have just waited so long to start my transition that I'm almost the only 'girl ' out there wearing hose. But I'll make my own fashion statement and wear them when ever it is cool enough, my legs look great in hose!

Sally

Guest joanna09

Oh Wow,

This topic certainly bought a tear to my eye all those years ago when for reason I still don't know I put on a pair of my mothers panties I can still remember the feeling and here I am a long way down the road now very much like Sally a TS but to me wearing seamed stockings under slacks what a waste I wear them in the summer with my skirts but no mind enjoy and don't stop its a much better way of life I can ensure you now the stockings what comes next and it usually does but as always depending on your personel situation you have to be careful and as we say take the rough with the smooth enjoy!!!

Fondest Regards

Joanna

Joanna,

I wa about 11 and I lived at home - I got the torn stockings out of my mother's sewing scraps - she used them to stuff rag dolls. If I had walked around the house with seamed stockings on, I have no idea what would have happened (this was about 1961 or 2). That was why I loved it when they invinted pantyhose, they disappear under mean's clothing and you can go undetected - stockings require some method of holding them up. My sister's garters were too small so they left a visible depression - the garter belts left a bump at each garter and there was one on the front of each leg. I learned how to twist a little of the top and roll it down a couple of turns - I could place the small lump that made them stay up any where that I wanted so I put them towards the opposite thigh and slightly towards the back - I was never caught.

The feel of fine hosiery is wonderful, but the fell of wind and sunlight on them is a wonderful reminder that you are indeed female.

Sally

Guest joanna09

Hi Sally,

I can see clearly that you and I are both of the same generation I remember when pantyhose first came in yes I know what you mean about the tell signs from the studs on the garter belt I alway remember one day wearing stockings to work under my slacks it was when I past a full length mirror I saw the tell signs I managed to get through that day but learnt from it. But I do like wearing stockings very much in the summer under a flard skirt I like to feel of the taut suspender aginst my thigh but you of course I wear panythose just about all the time I either wear black or tan Il ike high gloss tights I like the way they shine in the sun they make my legs look good I have been told by quite a few people, women included which of course was nice that my legs which are long and slender are one of my best assets and they are just like a womans legs that makes me feel great and like you makes me feel oh so happy that I am female. I have mentioned this before but the facts speak for themselves I have quite a few very good lady friends plus the French Madames do say wearing stockings does make them feel sexy but usually ownly wear them for the man in their life they are fussed prefer to wear tights. But of course me living in France I mean where does the word lingerie come from and French Madames I know I like to dress very fem all my underwear very lacy lots of frills just as they wear here so cotton pants and slacks no way and I just love it all I just wish I had been born a woman would have saved alot of problems but I am happy how things are going by the to end to give you little smile on Thanks Giving Day and friend who knows all about me made a statement the other day which I thought was quite amusing "EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE SEX CHANGE AT LEAST ONCE DURING THEIR LIFE!!!!" very interesting take care

Fondest Regards

Joanna

Guest Elizabeth K

:lol: Oh my goodness- what memories Joanna and Sally bring up.

There needs to be a forum just for us old mares and the old ways of dressing feminine. Remember face powder?

I know my therapist would have a field day with this, but my fondest memories of my mother, my aunt and all the women in my early years is when they would get all dressed up in stockings and heels and go downtown to shop. Those days, stockings were held in place by garter belts and I remember the women always debating if it was better to use the strappy kind or just go with the girdle.

It seems the girdle would win out most often because althogh it was more uncomfortable, it made them look GOOD. The stockings of course were seamed in the back - sexy - and my mother and all the other women knew that. I could see the change in their attitude when they were in heels and hose.

My aunt, mother's side, was a career woman and preferred the hosiery with the reinforced heel and toe = practical. My mom liked the sheerer type, me too - But nylons (as they were often called regardless of their chemical makeup) just didn't hold up very well, not in those days. I would ruin my mom's accidently if I wasn't very, very careful, and then have to hide them in the bottom of the waste basket and hope she wouldn't notice.

As a kid I thought they would make my legs look like hers when I had them on. I was too young to have hair on my legs but somehow my knees were too knobby and my ankles were too skinny. I couldn't wait to have the delicately fleshed legs and finely turned ankles like my mother and aunts. Never got them, not exactly. Sad. But my legs are the best looking feminine part of me - and when I grew older I discovered almost all women worry about how their legs look. So I am in the club after all, in that way. I work hard to keep my legs looking sexy and the hormones are helping.

And the parts about the tabs on garters showing? Yikes Joanna and Sally, I almost forgot about that! Younger TS an CD people will never know about hidding those tell-tale bumps under boy jeans - ha.

Panty hose = also another world.

Guest joanna09

Hi Elizabeth,

Just loved you message but old mares phew!! why not say as in France Mature Madames sounds allot better oh yes I remember the nylons are work my mothers the FF type with the cuban heel so very sexy and what you would call garter belt we would call suspenders and as for a girdle we would call that either a panty belt or a roll on and if you have ever have worn wow are thight tight takes alot of getting used to. I just loved the lingerie and hosery from our younder days so much more femime and lovely to wear. I go to French Madame here where I live she has a lingerie shop its gorgeous very old fashioned she has lingerie on dispolay but most of it is boxes she knws what I like I like the pink fulled sides panties with plenty of lace just so fem do you know whrn I go to see her its takes me up to 2 hours to by panties she likes to talk and show me plenty don't think the poung ones would like it and one she does not sell is thongs this is a madames shops for the likes of us you would adore. Now here is something that is strange you go to lingerie shop you thought you would be able to buy hosery but no you have to go to a different shop so I go to shop next door where to old sweet madames will sell you gorgeous nylons just like your monthers and also beautiful french panythose its all I a dream as regards my legs I have been told they are one of my best assets and more than one of my lady friends have told me my legs are like a womans I just loved that so Elizabeth remember we are Mature Madames take care.

Fondest Regards

Joanna

Guest Elizabeth K

:rolleyes: From one Mature Madame to another

I am really TS but thought I was a CD forever. Since my diagnosis as transsexual (thats a funny word, diagnosis - but I suppose a therapist gives a 'diagnosis') I have been going through my cross dressing clothing and culling out the cheap stuf.. I am out to my wife and she says what I have is ugly! ha. So I am "purging" in a sense, but for the first time with a clear heart. I am replacing cheap with expensive, cheezy with tasteful, and slutty with age appropriate. How liberating it is - my wife is supportive and helping.

Anyway - she told me to go ahead and express myself when she is out - and last night she went out with the girls for several hours.

Hummmm. I am so accustomed to cross dressing, but this was something new. Free range

I thought I might feel I was cross dressing again - which I don't want to do, ever. I have been keeping by legs groomed (depilated and soft with lotion) and my toenails pedicured. But I have some wonderful black pumps , left from CD days - open toed, sling back, high heeled (4" yikes - but I am a tall gal), not exactly age appropriate but still sexy.

When cross dressing they looked good on me.

Now I look so much different - sexy as hell! When did my legs become woman's legs??? :o

Attitude I guess - legs were always my best feminine feature - now that I am a woman (transitioning) they have become my best female feature. It was a revelation, to say the least.

Mature Madames can be sexy, it appears. :D

Guest joanna09

Hi Mature Madame,

Just quick thought here maybe we should look at some other site to chat on maybe your suggestion was a good one maybe we should start a forum for us Sexy Mature Madames!!!! as we are chatting away here and I just love your messages you and I do have allot in common except for a couple of items I don't have Doctor and my wife is not understanding.Untill I came across this site I have been very much a loner but I am sure finding out now thats for sure. I understand how you feel about the cross dressing and the whole Transgender scence I had it for years diving in and our of closets being found out Oh yes I have had it but of course I have never stopped its in me, but now here in France I don't need a Doctor to tell me of course I have looked at website spoke to Surgeons in Bangkok I have found me I just want to be woman and get rid of whats between my legs I am fed up with play acting I just want to be day to day woman, I go out dressed around the town in which I stay the all know me and greet me as madame. As for the clothes side of things I have the best role players there is the French Madames in their sixties still wearing short skirts and showing plenty of thigh and alaso wearing high heels as for being tall I am just the same I am quite tall, well you take care and enjoy being a woman its just fabulous!!!

Fondest Regards

Joanna

Guest eshaver

Kris , I know we have been talking privately for a few days still this information is for all of you . First I suffer from both forms of Arthritis . I was in the towing and recovery business for about thirty five years . In the winter time , it's cold in most parts of the country. Also for a lot of us circulation is a problem in our legs in the winter too. By wearing the "Support " versions of panty hose or stockings , provided you can even find them anymore , you will see an increase in blood circulation by using them . Not only that ladies , the support hose or tights will last far longer than the more "Sheer " hosiery. Leave the Sheer hose for the Club or the special night out with someone special!

I was reminded of something yesterday while talking with some medical students at the university where I go. There were some companies that actually produced a NON -Run version of panty hose in the early seventies . I even found some in a thrift store the other day. I only wish I knew where I could find more as I generally wear hose every day regardless of slacks or dresses. Call it a fetish , but I just don't feel dressed with less!Now on occasion when the situation calls for it , yes I do wear socks over my hose too. Hey women here will do it regularly as they take their Heels to work and then walk in Reboks to work Downtown. Face it stockings just were not made for the pounding from a pair of sneakers !

If anyone out there has any questions about what to wear or needs my take on something, I'm only too happy to help. I want all of us looking at our best !

Ellen Shaver

Guest joanna09

Hi Ellen,

Firstly I can see you qualify for Mature Madames Club!!! I read your message I like you have problems with my legs but only when its cold and wet as it is here in France right now. I am right now wearing heavy support tights and they are great keep my legs a feet warm and help my legs when walking. Jst about every pharmacy here sells support tights and stockings its shame for you but I would not call it a fetish far from it outwith actual work I dress as Joanna all the time and of course wear panty hose even to work its comfort factor for me as for wearing sheer panty hose would not agree there living and working in France I have learnt fom the best on how to dress properly as woman and that the French Madames they are joy to behold and they wear sheer panty hose just about all the time so do I out with when the weather is like it is right now just wish I could help you knowing what you want is so easy to get here as I said. But hey you wear what you want if it makes you happy.

Fondest regards

Joanna

Guest Black_Rose

Wow I hate those Gosh darned things lol

I once got kicked off a girl only site cause I was asked what size pantyhose do you wear? and I do not know the answer lol

Good for you :)