• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Beyond Male and Female; HuffPost article

Guest Micha

Guest Micha

An article shared with me by the Gender Identity Center of Colorado. ^_^

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jack-harrison/national-transgender-discrimination-survey_b_1516566.html

Are you male or female? For many people, answering this question doesn't cause a moment's hesitation. But for genderqueer people, this question isn't so easy to answer, and survey research that offers only two gender options may overlook genderqueer people's experiences altogether.
Guest BreanneB

Great artical Micha. I answered their question pretty quick. I said female and didnt even think twice. I may be packaged in a male wrapper but I am 100% female on the inside

Bre

Guest Weaver

Thanks for posting that link.

Don't like the comments section though, especially PD1868.

Some people you just want to give a metaphysical intelligence slap

so they'd see how wrong they are. Too bad that stupidity doesn't physically hurt. :mellow:

Guest LauraJen

so they'd see how wrong they are. Too bad that stupidity doesn't physically hurt. :mellow:

I knew straight away that the comments would be full of hate. Sadly the saying "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" hasn't really been heard by users of that site, from my experience. Just don't scroll down that far. They want to bring people down, don't let them win.

Guest Micha

I didn't even read the comments. Kind of a standard policy, can't subject myself to the stupidity of the human race I'm trying to support. Like, I want people to do well for themselves, and support themselves, and at the same time I want them to be free to make their own choices - but people can't seem to function without hating everyone else who're JUST having intercourse LIKE THEM! So no matter what people are gonna hurt each other, and they're gonna fight themselves instead of fighting for themselves, and the whole worlds' gonna implode and people's gonna be the source of their own demise - and no matter how much optimism and hope you got, the people you're hoping for are the very one's killing themselves.

Right. . . there's my freaking ray of sunshine for the day.

Guest Juniper Blue

Micha ... thanks for posting this article. It is right on with my personal experience or gender. I thought that it was interesting that gender queer people have slightly different demographics than trans gender people. I would not have expected this.

Okay ... I am gonna send a you a huge Ray of Gender Bending sushine and a Massive Rainbow to boot! :friends:

Go Gender Punk! :Crylol:

I'm with you!!

Captain Andro :superman:

• 2 weeks later...